Yodasmaster's Posts

Yodasmaster's Posts

I had a blue screen Monday, but since updating the video drivers I have not had a problem. I ran SFC just to be sure which is when I came across the corrupt file. Is this something I should be wo... See more...
I had a blue screen Monday, but since updating the video drivers I have not had a problem. I ran SFC just to be sure which is when I came across the corrupt file. Is this something I should be worried about? The computer is not even a week old, why would any files be corrupt?
My Aurora's fans only rev up when powering on. So this is not normal.
When running SFC it claims this file is corrupt but cannot fix it. Is this an issue?
Mines whisper quiet with a GTX 260. Never hear the fans speed up besides when it starts up. I use it for 3D animation and photoshop.
Mine will randomly flicker blue occasionally. It happens so quick and randomly it would be impossible to catch on film. I have also had problems with the Alien head not coming on durring startup,... See more...
Mine will randomly flicker blue occasionally. It happens so quick and randomly it would be impossible to catch on film. I have also had problems with the Alien head not coming on durring startup, but once windows finishes loading it comes on.
No, I cannot.
Hey guys,  Last night while doing some work in Maya and watching a video on a website and my screen turned off then BSOD'ed. When looking in the reliability monitor I see the following error. ... See more...
Hey guys,  Last night while doing some work in Maya and watching a video on a website and my screen turned off then BSOD'ed. When looking in the reliability monitor I see the following error. Is this the same problem everyone else is experiencing with the random reboots? Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:    LiveKernelEvent OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID:    1033 Extra information about the problem BCCode:    117 BCP1:    FFFFFA800AC304E0 BCP2:    FFFFF88005587340 BCP3:    0000000000000000 BCP4:    0000000000000000 OS Version:    6_1_7600 Service Pack:    0_0 Product:    768_1
Dell probably has a sales clause regarding chargebacks when you purchase items.. most people do now.. regardless it could take weeks for the chargeback to go through and the system will pr... See more...
Dell probably has a sales clause regarding chargebacks when you purchase items.. most people do now.. regardless it could take weeks for the chargeback to go through and the system will probably have shipped and been recieved by then.. It is a last resort. If it was me, and I spent several thousand dollars on a system that did not work, I would start the chargeback process and if I recieved the new system before it went through then I would cancel the charge back. Dell has no say in chargebacks, it is entirly up to your credit card company regardless of what Dell says. Unlike Dell, most credit card companies value your business and will yank the money out of Dells account with or without Dells permission.
My lights were acting funny once so I took the panel off and wiped off the the little 4 pin connector thing on both the computer and the panel and it fixed the problem. Of course I have an Aurora... See more...
My lights were acting funny once so I took the panel off and wiped off the the little 4 pin connector thing on both the computer and the panel and it fixed the problem. Of course I have an Aurora, so Im not sure if its the same on the area 51.
He has yet to receive a working system, therefor he has not received what he paid for. You can file a chargeback with your credit card company up to 6 months later. Dells 21 days for a return doe... See more...
He has yet to receive a working system, therefor he has not received what he paid for. You can file a chargeback with your credit card company up to 6 months later. Dells 21 days for a return does not matter. This would not be through Dell.
Call your credit card company and request a chargeback. You will have to send Dell back your system but at least you will get your money back.
Well, I tried updating to the latest drivers and made Crysis run extremly slow. Odd thing is, when exiting it didnt give me the Window's message. Ugh, ended up doing a system restore, and now it ... See more...
Well, I tried updating to the latest drivers and made Crysis run extremly slow. Odd thing is, when exiting it didnt give me the Window's message. Ugh, ended up doing a system restore, and now it works smooth again.
No way a Malaware issue, brand new and just set it up. The GTX 260 drivers were from November, so I just updated them and will see if the problem persists.
Hey guys, I'm playing Crysis with settings on high as it suggested and sometimes when I exit the game I am hit with this windows pop up: "Window's has detected your performance is slow. Th... See more...
Hey guys, I'm playing Crysis with settings on high as it suggested and sometimes when I exit the game I am hit with this windows pop up: "Window's has detected your performance is slow. This could be because there are not enough resources to run the Windows Aero color scheme, Try switching to basic blah blah blah etc." I have 12gb of ram, a i7 960 cpu, and a GTX 260.  I'm using less then 2gb of ram and my CPU Is at less then 20%. Any ideas?
Hey guys,  Most of the time when booting up my alien head light does not come on. It will eventually come on once my computer finishes booting though. Is this a known problem? I'm using comman... See more...
Hey guys,  Most of the time when booting up my alien head light does not come on. It will eventually come on once my computer finishes booting though. Is this a known problem? I'm using command ceneter A06. Also I've had the wrong colors come on once when starting, but once it finished booting they went back to normal.
Thanks Chris,  but why would the computer be receiving a connection when it is off though? Every other time my computer is off there has never been a light flashing. I turned the computer on and ... See more...
Thanks Chris,  but why would the computer be receiving a connection when it is off though? Every other time my computer is off there has never been a light flashing. I turned the computer on and then off again and the light went away?
Has anyone seen my Alienware exchange order. Its going on three months. Its like wheres Waldo, maybe its on a UFO, I just saw its picture on the side of a milk carton....DELL is becomeing ... See more...
Has anyone seen my Alienware exchange order. Its going on three months. Its like wheres Waldo, maybe its on a UFO, I just saw its picture on the side of a milk carton....DELL is becomeing a joke. If this wasnt a system exchange I would have been long gone....Good luck to all   KEvin   11/28/09 Dell begins system excahnge   12/16/09 order in production   1/31/10 order canceled   02/02/10 new order in production   2/23/10 new EDD      Kevin,  I am in the same boat as you. I have actually been waiting since November for my replacement. Like you, my order was canceled last month due to an "illegal configuration". When asked exactly what this meant I was told it was due to a SKU# being wrong, not an actual part. Every time Dell calls they claim they are waiting to hear back from the factory on what is causing the delay and that they will let me know in the next 48 hours. Each time they call, all they can tell me is that Alienwares are backed up.  
Join the club. I have been waiting since November for my replacement system. All Dell can ever tell me is "Alienwares are backed up". The last they told me is that people are seeing 60+ day delay... See more...
Join the club. I have been waiting since November for my replacement system. All Dell can ever tell me is "Alienwares are backed up". The last they told me is that people are seeing 60+ day delays on Alienwares. My suggestion, cancel your order and get it from someone else if you want it anytime soon. I just dont understand what is so hard about someone from the factory letting the people that we talk to know what the problem is. 
It has now been 2+ months and I have still yet to recieve my replacement system. Iooking at the Dell website I can now buy the same exact system with all the same specs for $200 less How can D... See more...
It has now been 2+ months and I have still yet to recieve my replacement system. Iooking at the Dell website I can now buy the same exact system with all the same specs for $200 less How can Dell get away with this?
I think when you  hit a reply you uncheck the check mark right above "post".