Yodasmaster's Posts

Yodasmaster's Posts

Hey guys,  Last night I noticed that where I plug the ethernet cable into the computer it was flashing when the computer was off. What does this mean? I turned the computer on then turned it b... See more...
Hey guys,  Last night I noticed that where I plug the ethernet cable into the computer it was flashing when the computer was off. What does this mean? I turned the computer on then turned it back off and it stopped.
Try muting the sound and moving your mouse and let me know if you hear anything.
It seems everyone I know who owns an Aurora has horrible static/interference in the front audio port when moving their mouse. Does anyone own an aurora that does not have this problem? If it is o... See more...
It seems everyone I know who owns an Aurora has horrible static/interference in the front audio port when moving their mouse. Does anyone own an aurora that does not have this problem? If it is on every system why has Dell not fixed/recalled it?
I'm in the same boat as you. It has been several months now without my replacement system. Last week when I looked at the order online it had actually been canceled. I called Dell and they claime... See more...
I'm in the same boat as you. It has been several months now without my replacement system. Last week when I looked at the order online it had actually been canceled. I called Dell and they claimed it was due to an "illegal configuration" something about a SKU# not allowing the order to go through? Like you, I get the same call about once a week, "we've expedited your order sir we will call you within the next 24-48 hours and give you an update". Yet that call never comes within 24-48 hours, its always a week or so later and at 7 in the morning. I believe they call so early because they know we will probably not answer the phone therefor not being able to complain about the delay.
When I first ordered my Alienware is arrived in less then a week. After dealing with a Dell tech on some audio issues they suggested just having the system replaced as they could not figure out t... See more...
When I first ordered my Alienware is arrived in less then a week. After dealing with a Dell tech on some audio issues they suggested just having the system replaced as they could not figure out the problem. That was almost 2 months ago and still no replacement system. Last week I got a call and they said the issue was the GTX 260 not being in production anymore. This week I get a call and they say all the parts are in stock. If all the parts are in stock why is this taking so long?
I'm another Alienware customer who is getting the complete shaft. Ordered my Aurora on Oct 22 and actually received it on Nov 4th. I was amazed. Until it stopped working properly on Nov 8t... See more...
I'm another Alienware customer who is getting the complete shaft. Ordered my Aurora on Oct 22 and actually received it on Nov 4th. I was amazed. Until it stopped working properly on Nov 8th. Hours on the phone with tech support and 2 service calls later including a 3 week delay for a motherboard resulted in them finally admitting I need a replacement system. Per their Resolution Expert I was to receive my "expedited system" no later than a week to 10 days later. Of course that hasn't happened. I call my Resolution Expert back only to find the Alienware offices are closed until 12/28. Must be nice to be able to ditch your customers for over a week. I contact Dell and am told my replacement system is still in production and estimated to be shipped 1/22/10 and their is no explanation why. A replacement system should be moved to the front of the line and any delays should require the customer to be contacted directly. I'm in the same boat. I am having issues with my system that cannot be resolved. After Dell sent out a tech that could not fix the problem they suggested just having the whole system replaced since it was only a few days old. That was over a month ago and I still do not have my replacement system. Like you said, replacement systems should be put to the front of the line. Here I am a month later having already had to pay off the credit card and I still have no fully working system. Like you my system was "expedited".
Chris,  I am being sent a replacement system with the exact same specs as my current machine which includes the GTX 260. Does this mean that the replacement system I am being sent will not in... See more...
Chris,  I am being sent a replacement system with the exact same specs as my current machine which includes the GTX 260. Does this mean that the replacement system I am being sent will not include the GTX 260 but the 240, or will they wait until the 260 is back in stock? My order still says the 260 but it has been in production for 3 weeks.
I do not believe anyone has said the front replacement worked. As far as I know only me and one other person has had the front ports replaced and it worked for neither of us.
Do you hear any audio interference through the front audio port? Specifically when the volume is low and even muted? A few of us have the problem with our Auroras.
Can you let us know if you hear any audio interference in the front audio jack? It happens on mine along with a few others when the sound is low and even muted. The interference gets worse when y... See more...
Can you let us know if you hear any audio interference in the front audio jack? It happens on mine along with a few others when the sound is low and even muted. The interference gets worse when you are watching a video, scrolling with the mouse etc. Thanks!
I have this problem as well, but you already know that
Can you try out the onboard audio in the front port and let me know whether it gives you any problems. Me and a few others are experiencing the problem and we are wondering if it is an issue with... See more...
Can you try out the onboard audio in the front port and let me know whether it gives you any problems. Me and a few others are experiencing the problem and we are wondering if it is an issue with all the systems or just a select few. Thanks!
Do you hear any audio interference in your front headphone jack when the volume is low, also even when it is muted?
Me and a few others who have the new Aurora are picking up a lot of audio interference in the front audio jack, even when the audio is muted. Does anyone have the new Aurora and experience no int... See more...
Me and a few others who have the new Aurora are picking up a lot of audio interference in the front audio jack, even when the audio is muted. Does anyone have the new Aurora and experience no interference in the front audio port? I'm wondering if this is a wide spread issue. We are all using the onboard audio. Thanks!
Hey guys,  I received my Alienware Aurora last week and right from the start I was having a lot of audio interference in the front audio jack. The back audio jack works fine and I hear no interfere... See more...
Hey guys,  I received my Alienware Aurora last week and right from the start I was having a lot of audio interference in the front audio jack. The back audio jack works fine and I hear no interference in that one. After talking with Alienware they had a tech come out and replace the front port along with the wiring but the problem is still there. They left my case open and suggested that I exchange the system for a new one. Is anyone else having this problem, is this a wide spread issue? Thanks!
Hey guys,  I received my ALienware Aurora last week and right from the start I was having a lot of audio interference in the front audio jack. The back audio jack works fine and I hear no interfere... See more...
Hey guys,  I received my ALienware Aurora last week and right from the start I was having a lot of audio interference in the front audio jack. The back audio jack works fine and I hear no interference in that one. After talking with Alienware they had a tech come out and replace the front port along with the wiring but the problem is still there. They left my case open and suggested that I exchange the system for a new one. Is anyone else having this problem, is this a wide spread issue? Thanks!