2803's Posts

2803's Posts

The problem I had was with the USB key. Adding all drivers to the USBKey caused the blue screen. I changed my selection profile so it only used the WinPE key, E6510 drivers, and desktops. As far as... See more...
The problem I had was with the USB key. Adding all drivers to the USBKey caused the blue screen. I changed my selection profile so it only used the WinPE key, E6510 drivers, and desktops. As far as drivers every system I have has it's own drivers. It takes more time but makes it easier to update and find issues. I believe the earlier drivers from the M4400 or M6400 was the culprit for why I was getting the error. The PE enviroment doesn't need that many drivers. By the way...the Intel video driver is out of date for all HD series. I had to download the Intel driver from the Intel site and then blend them into the Dell CAB files. I have only done it on the E6410 so far. It fixed the brightness in the Intel properties from going to full brightness after clicking on a UAC pop up that dimmed the screen. In order to do this you need to extract the CAB file...delete the whole video directory under the Intel RXXXXXX version in the Dell CAB listing and then copy the entire Intel version over. Delete all drivers from MDT in the OOB section for the E6410 and reimport them back.
I found a way around it. I was using the Dell PE cab but had trouble with it on certain systems so I added all drivers to the selection profile for the boot ISO. I took out all drivers and the 10 s... See more...
I found a way around it. I was using the Dell PE cab but had trouble with it on certain systems so I added all drivers to the selection profile for the boot ISO. I took out all drivers and the 10 series worked fine. Only problem was the mouse was gone from some of the older systems. I added just the E6510 drivers to the selection profile and now it seems to work fine for all systems. Waiting for the 20 series to see what happens then.
I am getting a Windows Driver Framework BSOD 10D when booting to the USB key. In my testing so far I removed all drivers from all the laptops and created a new key. That worked fine...no drivers but b... See more...
I am getting a Windows Driver Framework BSOD 10D when booting to the USB key. In my testing so far I removed all drivers from all the laptops and created a new key. That worked fine...no drivers but boots. After adding the cab file for the Lat E6400 I run into the problem again. Issue: All 10 series systems bluescreen...E4310, E6410, E6510 I am still testing but I believe it is an driver conflict or outdated driver that doesn't update. Has anyone seen this before? OS installs fine just can't boot to USB key.
It's important to say what operating system you have. Wireless cards usually need to be turned off when entering Standby or Hibernation. Look at the properties for your card and select the Po... See more...
It's important to say what operating system you have. Wireless cards usually need to be turned off when entering Standby or Hibernation. Look at the properties for your card and select the Power Management tab. Select "Allow windows to turn off this device to save power." Then Windows knows to wake the card when coming out of Standby.     Does not work...tried several times. Next idea...?   FYI - WinXP 32-bit
Wireless dies after coming out of standby M6400 with 1510 DELL WLAN Updated driver BIOS on current version Dell WLAN UTILITY HAS CHECKED AND GRAYED OUT LET THIS TOOL MANAGE MY WIRELESS Only... See more...
Wireless dies after coming out of standby M6400 with 1510 DELL WLAN Updated driver BIOS on current version Dell WLAN UTILITY HAS CHECKED AND GRAYED OUT LET THIS TOOL MANAGE MY WIRELESS Only works on reboot Any suggestions?