maxiadgr's Posts

maxiadgr's Posts

Speedstep, I downloaded the drivers and slipstreamed them into a clean ISO... Still won't go past "setup is starting Windows" before going straight back to bluescreening. Could it be the machine ... See more...
Speedstep, I downloaded the drivers and slipstreamed them into a clean ISO... Still won't go past "setup is starting Windows" before going straight back to bluescreening. Could it be the machine is simply having a hard time installing a legacy OS from USB? I've also played around with the BIOS but I was not able to get it to boot with either ATA or Legacy mode for the disk controller. Help is appreaciated. Thanks.
I recently purchased a Dell OptiPlex 755 Desktop Computer. I bought the second smallest form factor. I have no idea what's going on... The computer came without disks, as is... But, 2GB of memory o... See more...
I recently purchased a Dell OptiPlex 755 Desktop Computer. I bought the second smallest form factor. I have no idea what's going on... The computer came without disks, as is... But, 2GB of memory on Windows 7 HP x64 is not exactly fun and I have no plans to use Home Premium at all... I have an original Windows XP installer disk that I'd like to use and I've tried using, however, in the meantime, the optical drive has gone bust, unfortunately. However, it wasn't possible to install XP using the disk anyways since it BSODed upon "Setup is starting Windows" with the primary code 0x0000007b. I've played around with the BIOS a bit but that didn't help I've tried slipstreaming the classic f6flpy3286.zip into the install using nLite and putting it all on a bootable Rufus USB but that didn't help either. Now I'm dumbstruck as to what to do. I'd really like to use this machine and Windows 7 is lagging, if I'm lucky I'll be able to hit ctrl+alt+delete and get the Windows Security Panel within 30-45 seconds, Outlook doesn't like being on there either. Any help is appreciated.