Damiana86's Posts

Damiana86's Posts

i also have similary issue  with one of my many t5500 cpus. i have a seperate thread on it. you can search it . if i install second cpu on riser card then it works ok .. but the fans would go ful... See more...
i also have similary issue  with one of my many t5500 cpus. i have a seperate thread on it. you can search it . if i install second cpu on riser card then it works ok .. but the fans would go full speed for which i use speedfan to control its speed once booted.. so only one cpu but all ram works in all 9 slots. on my motherboard i saw few bent pins which i did my best to readjust them but still same issue. i have it in repair shop. will update you if min is restored fully..
i have one with older board and its much stable as its northbridge has a fan and here its very hot weather. also it supports 56 series cpus ( tried e5620 and l5630
i had similar problem with t5500 and resolved it by attaching a  little 50mm fan to its north/south bridge heatsink. as its temps were exceeding 60 deg c when tested using infrared meter. later ... See more...
i had similar problem with t5500 and resolved it by attaching a  little 50mm fan to its north/south bridge heatsink. as its temps were exceeding 60 deg c when tested using infrared meter. later i removed the fan and installed taller old p3 cpu cooler hatsink and its working fine so far.
hi i have dell optiplex 755, different sotwares are giving different tempearture readings . which one is accurate ?
I tested using post card and it says 00 when powered on with single processor..  Same error code when powered up with no processor installed..  (riser card was removed from system for both tests). ... See more...
I tested using post card and it says 00 when powered on with single processor..  Same error code when powered up with no processor installed..  (riser card was removed from system for both tests). But cpu was heating normally. So is vrm section ok? I tired to check if there is short in the cpu power section by testing for short between the ground and the other pins on  (4  pin connector...).  Of Power socket on motherboard. But no short was found. Any heads up?
hi i have dell t5500. using single xeon L5630 and doing prime95 for small ffts after 30 minutes its temps would be at 55 degrees for every core  even using the dell U016F with halnzyie hy880 ther... See more...
hi i have dell t5500. using single xeon L5630 and doing prime95 for small ffts after 30 minutes its temps would be at 55 degrees for every core  even using the dell U016F with halnzyie hy880 thermal paste. i attached small 60mm 12volts (0.16 amps ) fan to it. now its temps are 10-16 degrees cooler. no noticeable increase in noise. here are specs of the fan ,, the heatsink can accomodate 70mm fan as well. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-lot-DC-12V-2pin-60mm-60x10mm-60x60x10mm-Mini-Cooling-Cooler-Fan-Big-Air-Flow/1326943048.html screenshots of  hwmonitor and prime95 using default cooler and a fan attached to it are shown. pics of how the fan is attached to cooler is also attached. i hope this helps someone.  
I have couple of t5500 workstations using xeon E5620. Ambient temp is 30°c. I have tested both type of dell heatsinks and don't see any advantage of the performance heatsink over the normal one... See more...
I have couple of t5500 workstations using xeon E5620. Ambient temp is 30°c. I have tested both type of dell heatsinks and don't see any advantage of the performance heatsink over the normal one. Using prime 95 cpu temp is same your both type of heatsinks. I m using halnziye hy880 thermal paste. I will test it by attaching a small 40-50mm fan to the heatsink in a fashion so that it *** air through it and will update you. I have one question is he place where you installed two fans supposed to have fans? Any part number?  They look to be for fans but I don't have any fan there.
I booting it with 6 pin power connector removed from the motherboard but it wont turn on fully. The fans would spin for a while then it would turn off.
I will try booting it with 6 pin power connector removed from motherboard and second processor on the riser card ..
Any ideas on how to resolve the cpu 2 memory fan error message.  
I tested this riser card in another machine and it is working fine there.
thanks for super quick response. this riser card is working in other systems perfectly fine. its just this system that i am getting error with.
Hi were you able to resolve it? I am also facing this issue. I am having f difficulty following the procedure outlined in service manual. As in service manual it says to identify 4pin pswd  jum... See more...
Hi were you able to resolve it? I am also facing this issue. I am having f difficulty following the procedure outlined in service manual. As in service manual it says to identify 4pin pswd  jumper which I can't. 1.Remove the computer cover.  2.Locate the 4-pin password connector (PSWD) on the system board.  3.Remove the 2-pin jumper plug from pins 3 and 4.  4.Locate the 4-pin CMOS jumper (RTCRST) on the system board.  5.Move the 2-pin jumper plug from the password jumper to pins 1 and 2 of the CMOS jumper.  6.Plug in AC power to the system and wait ten seconds for the CMOS to clear.  7.Move the 2-pin jumper plug back to pins 3 and 4 of the password jumper.  8.Replace the computer cover.  9.Connect your computer and devices to electrical outlets, and turn them However I followed below procedures to reset cmos. Removed just power and Vga Cordes and removed the two pin jumper from pswd   and placed it on the cmos rtcrst. Connected power and Vga cables. Left system on for at least 15 seconds then removed power cords and reset jumper to its former position and reconnected the power cables.
i am typing this reply from the problamatic dell systme in question. its case fans are very loud. using SpeedFan software i enabled the option "Enable Dell support use this option on note b... See more...
i am typing this reply from the problamatic dell systme in question. its case fans are very loud. using SpeedFan software i enabled the option "Enable Dell support use this option on note books" under config > options. the restarted the speedfan software and now it is showing rpms of a lot of fans. setting values for PWM 2 ,3,4  from 0 % to 100 % no noise increase or decrease was observed. however changing PWM 1 the speed of two front big fans was responding to it.  changing pwm percentage of pwm5 also changed the fan 5 speed. now i have set it to 60 % and its noise is normal. the front two fans are at 1280 RPM now / rebooting system looses its settings ..  i also noticed one morething. when the system boots its fans are loud and speedfan shows 2900 rpm for fan 1 ( which could be settings for both front fans).. once pwm1 value is lowered to reduce fan speed re-adjusting pwm 1 to 100 % however doesnt increases rpm to 2900  instead they are at 2250 rpm. seems there is some controlling chip on motherboard that is damaged ? i also flashed same bios again no luck. but why is it giving the error that i attached in previous message about cpu 2 ram fan ? when ram fan is working .. front diagnostic lights 1-4 are all off after it gives control to windows.
Hi i have some success. I removed processor from onboard socket and installed riser card with processor. And surprisingly I got display but the fans were still running full speed. And  the dell b... See more...
Hi i have some success. I removed processor from onboard socket and installed riser card with processor. And surprisingly I got display but the fans were still running full speed. And  the dell bios gave error that fan on cpu 2 is not working.. Whereas it was working and i took this riser card from a working system.  I reconnected the riser card ram fans connector. Still same.  Rest bios still it gives error message.
Will appreciate if someone could help me answer my question
Hi Is it possible to run Dell t5500 workstation in  single cpu mode with no processor on motherboard socket but on the riser  card
Dell t5500 which is cpu 0 and which is cpu 1 in coretemp software.
I carefully checked the cpu socket on motherboard and found one pin bent. I did my best and managed to get it aligned but still same issue.. Can i just remove processor from onboard socket and ins... See more...
I carefully checked the cpu socket on motherboard and found one pin bent. I did my best and managed to get it aligned but still same issue.. Can i just remove processor from onboard socket and install it on riser card to test it? If it works this way would it also be possible to use ram slots onboard?
I carefully checked the cpu socket on motherboard and found one pin bent. I did my best and managed to get it aligned but still same issue.. Can i just remove processor from onboard socket and ins... See more...
I carefully checked the cpu socket on motherboard and found one pin bent. I did my best and managed to get it aligned but still same issue.. Can i just remove processor from onboard socket and install it on riser card to test it? If it works this way would it also be possible to use ram slots onboard?