mayu_1's Posts

mayu_1's Posts

Well the processor that I have QX6850 is "G0" stepping so that eliminates that but you are right about the FSB XPS 700 supports slower bus speed but as much as i know i am stupid with that stuff that... See more...
Well the processor that I have QX6850 is "G0" stepping so that eliminates that but you are right about the FSB XPS 700 supports slower bus speed but as much as i know i am stupid with that stuff that the processors operate automatically at slower bus speeds since the bus is uptill 1333mhz it can operate below that as well
Dave I went back and checked something. You mentioned that my chipset must have G0 stepping. Okay now here is my question are there two typrs of Q6700 in the market I went to Intel website check this... See more...
Dave I went back and checked something. You mentioned that my chipset must have G0 stepping. Okay now here is my question are there two typrs of Q6700 in the market I went to Intel website check this link: http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLACQ I am currently running a Q6700 and on the intel website it states that Q6700 is G0 so if I am runnung this processor then why cant I run the QX6850. But I would li,ke to show you a screen shot of CPUZ of my computer which is confusing me is my processor Stepping "G0 "or "B", because if you see the red circle area in Stepping it states "B" and in revision it states G0 I am confused..... Thanks.
Thankyou for the reply. I called dell and the higest processor that I can go with the XPS 700 is the QX6800, they are selling that for 1550.95$ and it can be ordered only via phone not on the website... See more...
Thankyou for the reply. I called dell and the higest processor that I can go with the XPS 700 is the QX6800, they are selling that for 1550.95$ and it can be ordered only via phone not on the website. I am just going to stick with the Q6700, and build a complete system with an i7 by years end. 
hi, I just bought an Intel QX6850 for my Dell XPS 700 with the original motherboard can someone please help me wit this my computer won't turn on when I install the QX6850 CPU. But when I take it o... See more...
hi, I just bought an Intel QX6850 for my Dell XPS 700 with the original motherboard can someone please help me wit this my computer won't turn on when I install the QX6850 CPU. But when I take it out and Install my old Q6700 it works fine. Please I need help ASAP. As much as I know the original XPS 700 motherboard is the Nvida 590-SLI. And thats what I see when I run CPUZ. I went to nvidia website to see if the QX6850 is supported by Nvidia nForce 590-SLI and it does, so what can be the issue I bought a used CPU. I need a quick answer please. 
Hi, I just bought a QX6850 and I have the same system like yours except for the CPU I have Q6700. And my computer won't start with the QX6850 now either the CPU is already dead since I bought a use... See more...
Hi, I just bought a QX6850 and I have the same system like yours except for the CPU I have Q6700. And my computer won't start with the QX6850 now either the CPU is already dead since I bought a used CPU or its not compatible with this motherboard.
Hi I am thinking to buy a XPS 730x or 730,  but before I buy that I have few questions: 1. Is the 730 and 730x both ATX Design? 2. Will I be able to upgrade the Motherboard (Intel Based) to any b... See more...
Hi I am thinking to buy a XPS 730x or 730,  but before I buy that I have few questions: 1. Is the 730 and 730x both ATX Design? 2. Will I be able to upgrade the Motherboard (Intel Based) to any brand I like, Power Supply of my choice? Thankx 
Thankx for your promot reply, I believe you helped me earlier too with the processor upgrade and the graphic card as well, I wanted to mention one thing I was having problems with the GTX 280 it woul... See more...
Thankx for your promot reply, I believe you helped me earlier too with the processor upgrade and the graphic card as well, I wanted to mention one thing I was having problems with the GTX 280 it would turn off by itself, well the problem was only the six to eight pin converter it had a broken wire. BFG replaced for free and it works like a charm no problem at all. I am now running windows 7 64-bit ultimate, Q6700 4GB RAM and GTX 280. I am thinking to upgrade my RAM to 8.0GB what would be the best RAM for my computer in your opinion with which I can get the best speed. I still have the original XPS 700 Mother Board. Thank you so much for your prompt reply and your help in previous questions. 
Hi CESARG, May be you can help me with this problem. I have the same system you have except the CPU, I have the Q6700 not the extreme edition. I was wondering how do you go into bios option and ove... See more...
Hi CESARG, May be you can help me with this problem. I have the same system you have except the CPU, I have the Q6700 not the extreme edition. I was wondering how do you go into bios option and over clock the CPU. I don't get that option when I hit F2 at startup. I have downloaded the nVidia nTune and that does not help too much, the stock speed for Q6700 is 2.6GHz and the most I can do is only 2.8GHz. I have 4.0GB RAM and nvidia GTX 280 OC edition. I have the latest 1.4.1 BIOS as well. Any help would be greatly welcomed.
Hi, I am having the same issue, I have a XPS 700 and I bought the GTX 280 from BFG. They said the Dell XPS 1000 Watts power produces only 18A each cable and by connectint two cables to the card I g... See more...
Hi, I am having the same issue, I have a XPS 700 and I bought the GTX 280 from BFG. They said the Dell XPS 1000 Watts power produces only 18A each cable and by connectint two cables to the card I get only 30A. The GTX 280 requires 42A Minimum. I am also stuck with this problem, I see people have not helped here much but I still wanted to ask you DrNegative if you were able to find a PSU that will fit the computer and power the motherboard correctly please relpy as soon as you can I will be waiting for the reply. Hammad. Thankyou.
Hi Davet50, I have asked you questions before and you have always been very helpful.I have another question today. I am having problem running my BFG Nvidia GTX 280 on my Dell XPS 700. My XPS 700 c... See more...
Hi Davet50, I have asked you questions before and you have always been very helpful.I have another question today. I am having problem running my BFG Nvidia GTX 280 on my Dell XPS 700. My XPS 700 came with a 1000Watts power supply and the minimum power required for GTX 280 is 575Watts, but still alot of time when I turn my computer on it will start alright but then suddenly the monitor goes black the computer is running but the GTX 280 gives a red light at the back of the card and the card turns off, normally there is a green light at the back of the card. Its very frustrating. I have been doing some research and so far what I have found that the 1000watts power supply is good that came with the XPS 700 but it produces 12V current rating of 18A only. Now on the box of the video card says "This card requires 575watts PCI Express compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 42A or more". Please help me with this problem I dont know what to do. To my knowledge I think I need a new PSU with 1000 Watts but with 12V current with 42A or more rating. Can you also tell me if I am right or wrong please guide me in the right direction and if I am correct where can I find a PSU that will fit in the XPS 700 Casing without any problem as you know XPS 700 is a BTX Computer not ATX. I am anciously waiting for your reply. Thankyou, Hammad 
RKozak210 hi, I upgraded my xps700 windows from XP to Vista and even to this day there is no proper Driver for the Creative X-Fi Sound Blaster, due to that I just went back to XP long time ago. Eve... See more...
RKozak210 hi, I upgraded my xps700 windows from XP to Vista and even to this day there is no proper Driver for the Creative X-Fi Sound Blaster, due to that I just went back to XP long time ago. Even these days they say the Creative ppl that there is a solution but honestly there is not any so good luck with that. I wanted to ask you something too. What processor, memory and video card are you running with you windows 7? I am personally thinking to upgrade too. I have a Q6700 Quad Core 2.9Ghz, 4-GB Memory and Nvidia GTX 280 with one 500GB HDD and another 250GB HDD. Please let me know any help will be greatly appriciated. Hammad.
Hi, DrNegative, I already have a 1000-watts power supply that came with my XPS 700. I upgraded the videocard to GTX-280. Now as I am working on the computer the video card just simply turns off by ... See more...
Hi, DrNegative, I already have a 1000-watts power supply that came with my XPS 700. I upgraded the videocard to GTX-280. Now as I am working on the computer the video card just simply turns off by it self, I see the redlight at the back of the video card. Please help because the video card works great on my other computer and also on this computer when I am running Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux) I have two OS installed. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Hammad.
Well I am running Q6700 on my XPS 700 and I am using the original Fan/Heatsink and have no problems at all so I think you should be alright too.
Hi, Raymond. If you have the original Dell 700 XPS like I have you will have no problem upgrading to Q6700. I upgraded almost two months ago and its running really good.
Thank you for your reply. I am going to start the process now.
Thankyou dave for your help. I contacted BFG and you were right I can use the SLI Bridge that came with my mother board for Dual SLI. Now here is the issue remember I was teling you that I cannot fin... See more...
Thankyou dave for your help. I contacted BFG and you were right I can use the SLI Bridge that came with my mother board for Dual SLI. Now here is the issue remember I was teling you that I cannot find the other 6-pin cable so I can connect another 280GTX in SLI. Well here is the problem I have connected one 6-pin which connects directly to the card, then there is a 8-pin on the card for that BFG Provided a cable that takes two 6-pin cables and converts them to a single 8-pin then I connected it to the 280GTX. So basically there are three wires connected to one card thats why I could not find the onther 6-pin cable. Now I went and researched a little BFG makes a cable that takes a single 6-pin cable and converts to an 8-pin I am sending you the link do you think this will work fine. I am thinking to buy two of thes converter cables one for each card. Please let me know and againgI am very thankful for all you honest help. http://www.bfgstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PCIXPRESPWREXT Hammad
other than that I am also confused about the SLI Bridge I can't find a Dual SLI Bridge for 280GTX. Every where I check there is the Tri-SLI Bridge. Have you come across any Dual SLI Bridge by chance?
Thank you for your reply. I have a 1000 Watts power supply its printed on the right side of the power supply, and my system did come with the SLI motherdoard. It came with a single 7900GS 256MB and l... See more...
Thank you for your reply. I have a 1000 Watts power supply its printed on the right side of the power supply, and my system did come with the SLI motherdoard. It came with a single 7900GS 256MB and later I installed another 7900GS in SLI Mode. The thing is that I opened my CPU yesterday after reading your email and I notices one thing, when I installed the first 280GTX I plugged in the two electric power supply cables one 6pin and the other 8pin as much as I remember. And now there is only one cable left for the other 280GTX. Thats where I am getting confused how in the world ill plug the second card if there is only one cable left. Or maybe I need ti dig more in the CPU case and look for the other cable cable.
Hi I have a question I have an XPS 700 with Q6700, 4Gig Ram and a 280GTX I am thinking to put another card in SLI will it work I have no idea about that any help would be greatly appriciated. I have ... See more...
Hi I have a question I have an XPS 700 with Q6700, 4Gig Ram and a 280GTX I am thinking to put another card in SLI will it work I have no idea about that any help would be greatly appriciated. I have the stock XPS 7000 Motherboard. Thankyou
Hi Dave my name is Hammad. I have a question if you can help me with this. I have a XPS 700 Q6700, 4Gig RAM  and Nvidia 280GTX anow I am thinking to put another card in SLI Mode will it fit in my CPU... See more...
Hi Dave my name is Hammad. I have a question if you can help me with this. I have a XPS 700 Q6700, 4Gig RAM  and Nvidia 280GTX anow I am thinking to put another card in SLI Mode will it fit in my CPU and work perfectly fine please let me know any suggestions thankyou.