Erie9101's Posts

Erie9101's Posts

Whenever I boot my Vostro 1700, it goes into diagnostic boot.  I have to hit ESC to get it to reboot.  How do I get it to boot normally to the OS?  I've checked the BIOS settings, but can find nothin... See more...
Whenever I boot my Vostro 1700, it goes into diagnostic boot.  I have to hit ESC to get it to reboot.  How do I get it to boot normally to the OS?  I've checked the BIOS settings, but can find nothing that changes how the machine boots.
Rick, I solved the problem by plugging the printer into a front USB port, and all installed as advertised.  Two days later, I plugged the cable into a rear USB port, and the installation is worki... See more...
Rick, I solved the problem by plugging the printer into a front USB port, and all installed as advertised.  Two days later, I plugged the cable into a rear USB port, and the installation is working. Windows 7 finds printer drivers through Windows Update, but not the A-I-O software.  That has to be installed from CD or downloaded file. Ken B.
I decided to move my 966 to my wife's machine.  It ran fine on my machine, running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.  When I plugged it in to her machine, also running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, I immediately get a... See more...
I decided to move my 966 to my wife's machine.  It ran fine on my machine, running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.  When I plugged it in to her machine, also running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, I immediately get a "USB Device Not Recognized Error."  If I run the printer driver setup, it stops at the point where I'm to plug in the USB cable of the 966.  When I do, I still get the "USB Device Not Recognized" error, but setup never sees the connection with the printer, and will not install. How do I get my wife's computer to recognize the 966?
I checked the Dell support website for drivers for this notebook for Windows 7 64-bit.  It shows a BIOS update that is important to install.  When i try to install it, I get a message saying that it ... See more...
I checked the Dell support website for drivers for this notebook for Windows 7 64-bit.  It shows a BIOS update that is important to install.  When i try to install it, I get a message saying that it will not work with 64-bit systems.  Why is it shown with 64-bit files if it will not install on 64-bit systems?  Is there a 64-bit version available?
Thanks for the suggestions.  In another thread on this printer, someone else tried the Lexmark drivers, but they were reported not to work.  Does your source have any idea what the original driver do... See more...
Thanks for the suggestions.  In another thread on this printer, someone else tried the Lexmark drivers, but they were reported not to work.  Does your source have any idea what the original driver download file name was?  I did a search and found a couple of downloads which purport to be XP-64 bit drivers.  I've not had a chance to install them yet to see if they work.  One appears to be a Dell filename, but not the same name as 32-bit drivers for this printer.
No, I don't have a driver CD.  I think that the printer was distributed before XP 64-bit came out, so I doubt that the CD would have drivers, either. Best wishes in your search.
Sorry for the loooooooong delay in responding.  I set the printer aside because I had another one.  Now I've come back to it, and there still are no drivers on the Dell website.  I'm using it with an... See more...
Sorry for the loooooooong delay in responding.  I set the printer aside because I had another one.  Now I've come back to it, and there still are no drivers on the Dell website.  I'm using it with an XP 64-bit machine, so if you can find 64-bit drivers, that will be appreciated.
I downloaded the clean-up utility and let it run for about 1/2 hour.  It still says, "Please wait."  However, since there never was a Dell driver installed on the computer, I doubt that the cleanup u... See more...
I downloaded the clean-up utility and let it run for about 1/2 hour.  It still says, "Please wait."  However, since there never was a Dell driver installed on the computer, I doubt that the cleanup utility will find anything to clean up. As respects deleting anything in the USB controller section of Device Manager, I am unable to do it.  When I click on Uninstall, the computer refreshes the list in Device Manager, and the uninstalled item pops right back up again.  After trying to uninstall each item, I am prompted to restart.  I'm not sure that my uninstalls are even effective. Perhaps I should try a different printer.  For some reason, anytime that I try to install a Dell printer, I have nothing but trouble.
The printer worked fine when attached to a Windows 7 machine.  I have tried the 3 different USB ports on the Vista machine.  All 3 ports work with flash drives and a wireless mouse receiver, so the U... See more...
The printer worked fine when attached to a Windows 7 machine.  I have tried the 3 different USB ports on the Vista machine.  All 3 ports work with flash drives and a wireless mouse receiver, so the USB ports are good.
Forgot an answer--the OS is as originally installed when the computer was purchased.
The machine is an HP Pavilion dv7. OS is Windows Vista 64-bit I'm trying to connect via USB cable. I use Moon Secure antivirus and Windows firewall. The printer ran fairly well when I had it ... See more...
The machine is an HP Pavilion dv7. OS is Windows Vista 64-bit I'm trying to connect via USB cable. I use Moon Secure antivirus and Windows firewall. The printer ran fairly well when I had it installed on a Windows 7 machine running Moon Secure AV.
The 966 does not show up in Device Manager at all.
That did not work.  Same problem.  Oh, yes, I've tried 3 different USB cables and 3 different USB ports, including one which had been connected to the mouse. Now what do I try?
I moved my 966 to a Vista 64-bit machine and have tried to install it.  I get to the point where it asks me to plug in the USB cable, but the computer will not recognize the printer.  I've restarted ... See more...
I moved my 966 to a Vista 64-bit machine and have tried to install it.  I get to the point where it asks me to plug in the USB cable, but the computer will not recognize the printer.  I've restarted the computer.  I've plugged the USB cable into a known good USB port.  I've swapped the USB cables.  I've restarted the 966.  Nothing works.  No Dell printer has been installed on this machine before, so there are no old Dell files.  How do I get the computer to recognize the printer?
Every document which I print on my 966 AIO triggers the error message, "Time.exe has stopped working."  The printer has been installed for months, if not a year, without this problem.  The problem st... See more...
Every document which I print on my 966 AIO triggers the error message, "Time.exe has stopped working."  The printer has been installed for months, if not a year, without this problem.  The problem started without warning a week or so ago.  No changes to the system Windows 7 64-bit Avast Anti-Virus 4 gigs RAM printer driver is Vista 64-bit driver installed using compatibility installation option.
I inherited a J740 printer and wished to install it on my XP machine.  The printer will not automatically install (tried it on 2 different XP machines, same results), so I looked on the Dell website ... See more...
I inherited a J740 printer and wished to install it on my XP machine.  The printer will not automatically install (tried it on 2 different XP machines, same results), so I looked on the Dell website for drivers.  There are none available.  XP isn't dead yet, according to Microsoft, and yet not even current XP drivers are available?  I realize that these are throw-away printers, but, just in case it survives a few years, Dell no longer provides drivers?  This makes no sense.  Where can I find an XP driver for this printer?
Thanks for your help.  Got things up and running, but Windows 7 recommended XP SP2 compatibility.  That seems to work. If Dell keeps improving its website, it will become useless.  Why, oh why dele... See more...
Thanks for your help.  Got things up and running, but Windows 7 recommended XP SP2 compatibility.  That seems to work. If Dell keeps improving its website, it will become useless.  Why, oh why delete links to printer drivers for operating systems that are still supported and in wide use?
Oh, yes, one more comment:  When I go to the Dell support pages and put in the service tag number, the 966 is identified correctly, but the site says that there are no drivers available for download.... See more...
Oh, yes, one more comment:  When I go to the Dell support pages and put in the service tag number, the 966 is identified correctly, but the site says that there are no drivers available for download.  What happened to the drivers and utilities download page for the 966?
Thought that all issues were resolved.  I had a serious Windows 7 failure and had to do a repair.  After the repair, the Dell 966 shows up as an installed printer, but I cannot print.  I get the usua... See more...
Thought that all issues were resolved.  I had a serious Windows 7 failure and had to do a repair.  After the repair, the Dell 966 shows up as an installed printer, but I cannot print.  I get the usual "cannot communicate" error, and do all the suggested to get it back working.  No success.  I tried the Dell uninstall utility, but, after restarting and trying to install the driver again, I get the option of repairing the existing driver or installing another copy.  If the driver were deleted by the Dell utility, why do I get the repair option?  Regardless of what I do, I get a "printer driver not installed" error.  I use the Windows 7 firewall and Avast antivirus.  
Thanks for your suggestions.  However, it bothers me that I've had so much trouble with this driver, but have not had any problems of this magnitude with Brother, Samsung, or Citizen printers.  It st... See more...
Thanks for your suggestions.  However, it bothers me that I've had so much trouble with this driver, but have not had any problems of this magnitude with Brother, Samsung, or Citizen printers.  It still looks like a software design issue; if other manufacturers can provide drivers that work with popular firewalls, why cannot Dell do the same?