silvery79's Posts

silvery79's Posts

I see this warning every time I reboot: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC-&PROD_COMPACT_FLASH&REV... See more...
I see this warning every time I reboot: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC-&PROD_COMPACT_FLASH&REV_1.01#18E391066476&1#. Source: Kernel-PnP Event ID: 219 I feel it's slowing my boot time. I am guessing this is an issue with the driver for the compact flash reader for my PC? I have uninstalled all the memory cards in device manager, first in the Portable Devices category, then restarted, same issue when drivers reinstall. I also tried uninstalling all the memory cards listed under Disk Drives. These are the factory installed memory card readers that came on my Dell XPS 8300.  I have the Foxconn Card Reader (FITI PID9106) Application Icon Manager for Memory Card Reader installed since it was recommended under the driver & downloads page for my service tag. http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/xps-8300?driverId=RH1N8&osCode=W764&fileId=2731097904&languageCode=en&categoryId=RS If I try to update the drivers, it says they are already up to date. My Dell always shows passed for the hardware scans. According to that log: Generic Compact Flash USB Drive   Firmware Revision 1.01   Drive Letter H Is there a fix for this issue?
The appearance has changed because Dell has automatically updated the Dell Suport Center and PC Checkup software. I have an issue with this new software that was installed on my PC today, it is sho... See more...
The appearance has changed because Dell has automatically updated the Dell Suport Center and PC Checkup software. I have an issue with this new software that was installed on my PC today, it is showing me under Checkup, then System History that I had added 2 programs and had removed 62 programs today which is blatantly false since I just started using my computer for the day just a little while ago and have not removed or installed any programs today (or in a very long time), the only program being added today being PC Checkup, part of the new Dell Support Center software (I let it automatically update). MAJOR GLITCH in new PC Checkup Software? I did a system reboot but the alert remains that way. It is also showing hardware changed and removed
Thank you tazny and slimshadyus, after having this PC since March 2011 I am finally able to run these hard drive scans. Dennis I'm wondering, did the Driver and Downloads page for your service tag sh... See more...
Thank you tazny and slimshadyus, after having this PC since March 2011 I am finally able to run these hard drive scans. Dennis I'm wondering, did the Driver and Downloads page for your service tag show this new version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology? Because in my recommended updates I only saw the 10.0.0.1046, A00 version (released 1/9/2011) which is what came installed on my PC in the first place, not this newer 10.8.0.1003 version the link in slimshadyus's link points to.  IMHO, this should be a pinned topic or part of the Dell XPS 8300 FAQ.   edited to add: I just found a similar answer in this thread: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19428811/20019374.aspx#20019374  That helps me better understand why I am not seeing this recommended update via the Dell Support Center. 
I think there are also USB to firewire adaptors but not sure how well they work, the card above would probably be the best bet.
Searching these forums for information on the new XPS 8300 is very confusing especially when Dell Support Software that comes with the Dell XPS 8300 points us to a page on Dell's Support site that ... See more...
Searching these forums for information on the new XPS 8300 is very confusing especially when Dell Support Software that comes with the Dell XPS 8300 points us to a page on Dell's Support site that says "Drivers & Downloads for XPS/Dimension 8300". I figured it was a mistake at first but the page continues to be called that. :(
Does anyone know if one were to add a sound card to the XPS 8300, would the headphone and microphone jacks on the top still work? Is that what the Intel front header business is about?
Thanks Osprey, that's why I was hoping someone who had tried it could share their experience, it's a popular drive so I figured someone must have tried it by now. I ordered the Dell with full version... See more...
Thanks Osprey, that's why I was hoping someone who had tried it could share their experience, it's a popular drive so I figured someone must have tried it by now. I ordered the Dell with full version of Roxio Creator so that should serve my purpose I think. I'm just interested in backing up data to blu-ray just to have another backup of my PC/external drives.
Did you end up installing this burner? Did it fit? If not which burner did you use? Thanks,  I am wondering about the size myself but I don't see a mention of it in the online service manual or setup... See more...
Did you end up installing this burner? Did it fit? If not which burner did you use? Thanks,  I am wondering about the size myself but I don't see a mention of it in the online service manual or setup guide for the Dell XPS 8300.
I just ordered this PC myself.   I was wondering the same. Are there any owners out there who can share their experiences with UPS and Dell XPS 8300? What type of power supplies have people been find... See more...
I just ordered this PC myself.   I was wondering the same. Are there any owners out there who can share their experiences with UPS and Dell XPS 8300? What type of power supplies have people been finding in these machines, active PFCs?  Brands/models of UPS battery backups that are working for you folks?
Does that module fit in the empty slot in this picture? Is that where you installed it?  
Does your machine have a white or black case? I was wondering because I played with an i5 machine today at Best Buy, both the i5 and i7 Dell XPS 8300 have black cases with black fronts at Best Buy bu... See more...
Does your machine have a white or black case? I was wondering because I played with an i5 machine today at Best Buy, both the i5 and i7 Dell XPS 8300 have black cases with black fronts at Best Buy but Dell's website pictures the machines with white cases and black fronts.   http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-8954682381718101959&id=pcat17080&type=page&lcn=Computers&sc=abComputerSP&st=processingtime%3A%3E1900-01-01&usc=abcat0500000&cp=1&sp=-displaydate+skuid&nrp=15&qp=q70726f63657373696e6774696d653a3e313930302d30312d3031~~cabcat0500000%23%230%23%2311a~~cabcat0501000%23%230%23%2329~~nf510||44656c6c&add_to_pkg=false&pagetype=listing
I was looking at the XPS 8300 and I had a few questions. The service manual shows bluetooth assembly: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps8300/en/sm/bluetoot.htm#wp1188605 however when... See more...
I was looking at the XPS 8300 and I had a few questions. The service manual shows bluetooth assembly: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps8300/en/sm/bluetoot.htm#wp1188605 however when I configure the system there is no bluetooth option. Does anyone know if it's possible to order it with one? Otherwise I guess I could use an external usb one. Second, I remember when I was considering the XPS 9100 that there were issues with buying the correct UPS power supply. Any thoughts on the right  UPS (Uninterruptible power supply) for the XPS 8300? It comes with a 460 Watt power supply according to the product page. Does anyone know if it's an Active PFC that requires a true sine wave?  
Thanks again for sharing your experience, it is very valuable for those still trying to decide. Glad to hear you like yours. :) I wish there was a store near me that carried the 9100 so I could play ... See more...
Thanks again for sharing your experience, it is very valuable for those still trying to decide. Glad to hear you like yours. :) I wish there was a store near me that carried the 9100 so I could play with it, closest I've seen is the 8100, but I guess it's similar.
APC Back-UPS XS 1500, model BX1500G I am so confused. Some are saying you can use this one with the Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop, others are saying you cannot. Which is it please? And what about ... See more...
APC Back-UPS XS 1500, model BX1500G I am so confused. Some are saying you can use this one with the Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop, others are saying you cannot. Which is it please? And what about using this with the Alienware Aurora (basic) desktop? Thanks.   Also thanks to the OP for starting this topic, very informative. :)  
Thanks for the reply Osprey4. I wanted to build an 8100 (not fond of the colors for the 9100) but according to the website  it has only a 350w power supply which worries me because a similarly con... See more...
Thanks for the reply Osprey4. I wanted to build an 8100 (not fond of the colors for the 9100) but according to the website  it has only a 350w power supply which worries me because a similarly configured HP I experienced recently kept giving power surge on hub port errors. The 9100 has 525 watts and even the 7100 is shipping with 460 watts now, according to the website anyways, but I'm wondering now of the accuracy of those pages if the 9100 page is not accurate..... I wonder why the 8100 lags behind...They seem to have a lot more goodies for the 7100 and 8100 available but not for the 9100 anymore, I guess I could always install one myself...  
I am considering ordering the XPS 9100, on the details page http://www.dell.com/us/eep/p/studio-xps-9100/pd?~ck=anav for the product it states: "Cinematic Experience  With an optional Blu-ray Dis... See more...
I am considering ordering the XPS 9100, on the details page http://www.dell.com/us/eep/p/studio-xps-9100/pd?~ck=anav for the product it states: "Cinematic Experience  With an optional Blu-ray Disc™ drive and optional TV tuner, you take the show on the road. Expand your screen by connecting to an external monitor or TV. Then, sit back and relax — the Studio XPS 9100 has a built-in infrared receiver so you can control your media center with a remote control. Plus, a 19-in-1 media card reader is your ticket to enjoying your movies, music, photos and more."   Has anyone recently ordered the Studio XPS 9100 with a tv tuner/remote control? If so, how? I don't see the options to add the tv tuner in the configuration. If they are not available for the Studio XPS 9100 desktops, what else is false on that page from your recent 9100 purchasing experiences? Thanks.