mshrimp's Posts

mshrimp's Posts

Hi, I noticed that the integrated Webcam of my XPS 13 9360 is not recognized (anymore?). Neither by the browsers, nor by the Win10 camera app. It's also not listed in the Device Manager. I barely u... See more...
Hi, I noticed that the integrated Webcam of my XPS 13 9360 is not recognized (anymore?). Neither by the browsers, nor by the Win10 camera app. It's also not listed in the Device Manager. I barely used the webcam in the past 1.5 years, but I recall testing it when I first got the machine. In the meantime the mainboard got replaced by Dell (due to a different error), the system got re-installed and I updated to the latest Win10 version. However I cannot tell at what point the webcam stopped being recognized. SupportAssist tells me that I'm running the latest drivers and BIOS. The Webcam is enabled in the BIOS. I couldnt find a suitable fix in this forum besides replacing the display. Do you have any idea what I could try next? Many thanks in advance! Max
Hi, not sure whether I should write in English or German - feel free to reply in German. I noticed that the integrated Webcam of my XPS 13 9360 is not recognized (anymore?). Neither by the browsers... See more...
Hi, not sure whether I should write in English or German - feel free to reply in German. I noticed that the integrated Webcam of my XPS 13 9360 is not recognized (anymore?). Neither by the browsers, nor by the Win10 camera app. It's also not listed in the Device Manager. I barely used the webcam in the past 1.5 years, but I recall testing it when I first got the machine. In the meantime the mainboard got replaced by Dell (due to a different error), the system got re-installed and I updated to the latest Win10 version. However I cannot tell at what point the webcam stopped being recognized. SupportAssist tells me that I'm running the latest drivers and BIOS. The Webcam is enabled in the BIOS. I couldnt find a suitable fix in this forum besides replacing the display. Do you have any idea what I could try next? Many thanks in advance! Max
Hi, I got a new Latitude E6400 less than a year ago. Since a few weeks (or months?) I noticed that the harddrive makes clicking noises. However it does that only when it's idle (= I didnt touch the... See more...
Hi, I got a new Latitude E6400 less than a year ago. Since a few weeks (or months?) I noticed that the harddrive makes clicking noises. However it does that only when it's idle (= I didnt touch the laptop for several minutes) and not regularly. First I didnt care much about it but now I'm starting to worry because usually a clicking harddrive can be an indicator for an upcoming harddrive crash :-/ So I ran the extended harddrive test of the Dell system diagnostics - but no failure could be found. SMART seems ok too. I cannot tell whether the laptop does that from the beginning because in the first time I used it just occasionally (and shut it off whenever I didnt use it). So there was not much idle time. There are a few threads with similar problems in this forum and the generals solution seems to be a firmware update of the harddrive. I have a WD2500BJKT but unfortunately there are only Seagate and Samsung drives in the drivers list of my device. So, what can I do? Where can I get a new firmware? Or is there another solution?   Best regards