paulchinnz's Posts

paulchinnz's Posts

I had same problem from day 1. I would tell tech support now and get them to update the website with your service tag.
My bad tried opening the other executable file. Works fine (although the fans going full throttle during the installation is a bit alarming!)
Hi Chris just tried the M11xR2 update in windows and it tells me it's incompatible with 64 bit windows?! I didn't realise this laptop came in any other OS flavours...is the BIOS update screwy or ... See more...
Hi Chris just tried the M11xR2 update in windows and it tells me it's incompatible with 64 bit windows?! I didn't realise this laptop came in any other OS flavours...is the BIOS update screwy or is it something I did?
Don't know ... you can always hope 😉 I've been using the stock NVIDIA drivers for my M11xR2 (260.99 e.g. from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us) without any hassl... See more...
Don't know ... you can always hope 😉 I've been using the stock NVIDIA drivers for my M11xR2 (260.99 e.g. from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us) without any hassles. Of note these haven't been updated since around October 2010 either I think.
That did the trick. Reinstalled the BT driver and it's findable now. I must have disabled it (right click on the system tray icon and there're a few options there to do this!) initially when I go... See more...
That did the trick. Reinstalled the BT driver and it's findable now. I must have disabled it (right click on the system tray icon and there're a few options there to do this!) initially when I got it a few months ago. Would be nice if there was an easier way of re-enabling. Thanks again.
Thanks Cobbie. Do you mean the system tray? Good thought. Just checked there now and checked the Customise bit with the entire list of icons and don't see it.
Thanks Chris that's my understanding. Fn+F3 does toggle my Wifi on/off but there's no indication that BT is turned on even when wireless is toggled on i.e. even when wireless is on I still can't ... See more...
Thanks Chris that's my understanding. Fn+F3 does toggle my Wifi on/off but there's no indication that BT is turned on even when wireless is toggled on i.e. even when wireless is on I still can't see BT in any of the places mentioned in my posts above.
That sounds like a sensible place for it. I've got W7Pro and do not have Bluetooth in my Control Panel - one more place it's not in Windows!
I'm hoping I've missed something really obvious here. My M11xR2 came with the standard Dell(TM) Wireless 365 Bluetooth 2.1. I have BT enabled in the bios. However, I can't find it in Windows... See more...
I'm hoping I've missed something really obvious here. My M11xR2 came with the standard Dell(TM) Wireless 365 Bluetooth 2.1. I have BT enabled in the bios. However, I can't find it in Windows! I've got wireless connections enabled Fn+F3. I have a BT exchange folder in My Documents. When I go to Control Panel/Devices and Printers/right click on laptop/click on Bluetooth settings nothing visible happens. In Device Manager the only highlighted issue is the ATITool Driver - there're no other unknown devices. Any ideas?
M11xR1 boasted VGA, DP and HDMI. M11xR2, to make space for other stuff (better GPU I think) has only got DP and HDMI.
Thanks Chris. Not wanting to put words in your mouth but are you saying that from what you can see in my photo that the purply white alien head is 'normal' for the M11xR2 when the head is set to ... See more...
Thanks Chris. Not wanting to put words in your mouth but are you saying that from what you can see in my photo that the purply white alien head is 'normal' for the M11xR2 when the head is set to white?
Any thoughts Dell-Chris?
I think it's a valid question. The M11x hinge is a case in point (and previously I've heard M15x also had same issue). I guess if one knew exactly how many AW units were out there with no signifi... See more...
I think it's a valid question. The M11x hinge is a case in point (and previously I've heard M15x also had same issue). I guess if one knew exactly how many AW units were out there with no significant issues and exactly how many have big issues and compare the ratio of the two with other brands we can provide a sensible answer.
Is it because AW owners tend to be a bit more hardcore and so 1) notice more stuff and 2) push their machines harder leading to more issues?
Thanks Joe. I've tried a few other colours and they look as they should. Would be good if we could have some 'official' statement that AW white = purply white - Dell-Chris?
Thanks. @Chris-Dell: that's what I thought, which is why it's frustrating. I thought maybe there was some issue with the A03 M11xR2 bios but looks like it's just me. @Tesla1856: unfortunate... See more...
Thanks. @Chris-Dell: that's what I thought, which is why it's frustrating. I thought maybe there was some issue with the A03 M11xR2 bios but looks like it's just me. @Tesla1856: unfortunately I have tried all manner of combinations i.e. there're two password options (supervisor + user), have set: 1) only supervisor; 2) both the same; 3) both but different. Never been asked for a password yet when loading up Windows. I do get asked for a password to get into the bios though so something's working. Anyway main thing from the responses is that my issue is not a M11xR2 generic issue, which is helpful.  
Still no joy here. Chris-Dell: any thoughts here please?
Thanks Chris. Finally got round to it: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3026/dsc01628pc.jpg The keyboard lighting is off so it's easier to see the purply colour. Feedback about this appreci... See more...
Thanks Chris. Finally got round to it: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3026/dsc01628pc.jpg The keyboard lighting is off so it's easier to see the purply colour. Feedback about this appreciated thanks. If this is the only thing wrong with my M11x I'd be most pleased!
Thanks Joe. I guess I'm happy with it the way it is (cuts through most tasks I give it like butter) without TS. You've had zero problems? We need to hear more from people like you! e.g. on the... See more...
Thanks Joe. I guess I'm happy with it the way it is (cuts through most tasks I give it like butter) without TS. You've had zero problems? We need to hear more from people like you! e.g. on the M11x official owner's forum over at notebookreview.com. I think the general population feel that M11x are a timebomb because of the hinge issue. But that's off topic...
Thanks for this. After reading the disclaimers with this, I'm wondering if it's really worth it, especially since I do use it on battery about 30% of the time i.e. is the risk to the CPU + sacrif... See more...
Thanks for this. After reading the disclaimers with this, I'm wondering if it's really worth it, especially since I do use it on battery about 30% of the time i.e. is the risk to the CPU + sacrifice in battery life worth the performance benefit. I guess it really depends on what you're doing with this little beast.