take it easy's Posts

take it easy's Posts

Hi, Change the usb port,  If the issue persists try an other mouse Hope helps you,
Hi, I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the computer: - Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer -Then remove power ... See more...
Hi, I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the computer: - Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer -Then remove power cable -Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds - Reconnect the power cable and run your computer Awaiting your response
Ok nice Any more questions you are welcome,
May be the issue is caused by a hardware part Please the DELL agent and he will fixe the issue to you
Hi, I suggest that you clean the air inlet and outlet with a can of compressed air, place the system on a surface where there is good air circulation. - You may aso add a little bit of thermal gr... See more...
Hi, I suggest that you clean the air inlet and outlet with a can of compressed air, place the system on a surface where there is good air circulation. - You may aso add a little bit of thermal grease to the processor
You should try first with an external monitor if the problem persists you may have change the INVERTER BOARD
Good luck awaiting your response,
Hi, Since you are sure that the AC adapter is good so the problem may caused by the power jack ( dry in it i mean it is loosen) or the adapter switch mosfet is bad You should do repairing or re... See more...
Hi, Since you are sure that the AC adapter is good so the problem may caused by the power jack ( dry in it i mean it is loosen) or the adapter switch mosfet is bad You should do repairing or replace the motherboard
Hi I agree with DELL-Elijah O, If you want to upgrade the graphic card you should replace the mainboard because the graphic card is integrated ( soldered ) in the motherboard
Hi, Do this please a. Reboot the computer. b. When prompted during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen. Tell me please if you get to the BIOS or the same issue
Hi jasonsk287, I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the computer: o Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer o Then r... See more...
Hi jasonsk287, I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the computer: o Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer o Then remove power cable o Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds o Reconnect the power cable and run your computer Awaiting your response
Hi A agree with ejn63 it may be problem with the jack (dry in it) or problem with switch battery mosfet. So it will be better to replace the motherboard
Please try an other AC adapter it can be the cause, If the problem persists verify that touchpad's cable ( that connect it to the mainboard) is good and connected correctly to the mainboard
If do you mean SUPER INPUT OUTPUT it's not correct because The chip that controls the USB is the southbridge or ICH ( interface controller hub ) please call DELL in order to guide you
Ok try with an external monitor; is it the same??
Hi, Please tell us about other configuration of your laptop ( RAM+GRAPHIC CARD)
Please verify in the device manager that all drivers are installed. to access to device manager do this 1- Press  WIN+R 2- Then write   devmgmt.msc 3- Then ok Awaiting your response,
Hi, I would  suggest to run Safe Mode and check if you experience the same issue. Please follow the steps below to start the computer in Safe Mode : 1 Power off the computer. 2 Restart the comp... See more...
Hi, I would  suggest to run Safe Mode and check if you experience the same issue. Please follow the steps below to start the computer in Safe Mode : 1 Power off the computer. 2 Restart the computer, tap F8 on Dell logo screen about 3 times. 3 This will take you to ‘Windows Advanced Boot Options. 4 Choose "Safe Mode" in the Advanced Boot menu 5 When Windows finishes loading in Safe mode, check if the same issue persists or not
Hi, Try system restore first and if the problem persists i will continu with you( until solving the issue)
Hi, I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the computer: o Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer o Then remove power... See more...
Hi, I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the computer: o Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer o Then remove power cable o Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds o Reconnect the power cable and run your computer Awaiting your response