GatesofDawn67's Posts

GatesofDawn67's Posts

How can I test the accelerometer in my XPS 15
My XPS15 has a solid state hard drive. When I go to my computer, I only see my magnetic hard drive, not my solid state HD. What is going on?
Problem number 8: Ran Dell PC Diagnostics: kept getting “A problem has been detected , please try again”.
1) Why haven't I gotten a response from a Dell tech? When I had a problem with the keyboard backlight, I got great service. 2) I ran a free check from your support site. It turned out to be a third... See more...
1) Why haven't I gotten a response from a Dell tech? When I had a problem with the keyboard backlight, I got great service. 2) I ran a free check from your support site. It turned out to be a third-party that wanted money to repair the problems it found. If you are going to offer this "service", please warn us that it requires payment for repair, so we don't waste our time.
  Corel Paint Shop Pro X5 stopped working (MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error - this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way) Ran virus scan and adwar... See more...
  Corel Paint Shop Pro X5 stopped working (MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error - this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way) Ran virus scan and adware scan Checked for updates Tried reverting to previous restore point uninstalled and reinstalled twice (one uninstall was manual from procedure from Corel site) Updated all versions of Visual C++ Desktop went to default layout. Once only. Logged out and back in to fix. Brightness stopped working Tried updating both the Intel and Nvidia video drivers from Device Manager Tried rolling back each driver one at a time Switched to Microsoft Basic Video Driver--This fixed the brightness control, but caused item 4) Sleep mode disappeared from power menu--this will return, but the brightness control stops working and then the brightness will work and sleep disappears again. IE won't start up with tabs from last session even though the radio button is selected. Nvidia driver install failed. When I came to your site I downloaded the Intel and Nvidia drivers from your site. The Intel driver installed fine. The Nvidia driver fails, but doesn't give any information why. I tried both express and custom installs. When the computer restarted during the video driver update item 7 happened. Metro page missing most icons. No icon for desktop. Launch and close IE to get to desktop
I have an XPS15 that is only a few months old. The plugging in headphones no longer mutes the speakers. I have been looking for a setting in the control panel, but I can't find anything.
I have an XPS15 that is only a few months old. The plugging in headphones no longer mutes the speakers. I have been looking for a setting in the control panel, but I can't find anything.
I am very happy with the service I received from Nikhil. He is patient and stuck with me during a long process and worked with me even when I was slow to respond.
Hi Nikhil, How do I PM you? You e-mailed me from a "do not reply" address. -S
If someone registered it and returned it, can I still get a whole year's warranty?
The other thing that is weird is that counting the 53 missing days of my warranty (365 - 312 = 53) would put my registration at March 30, 2013. However the support page says that the warranty sta... See more...
The other thing that is weird is that counting the 53 missing days of my warranty (365 - 312 = 53) would put my registration at March 30, 2013. However the support page says that the warranty started on Nov 29, 2012 as can be seen in the screen shot below. -Steve
What should I ask my retailer to do? Can they send you proof that I ordered my computer on May 12th (received on the 17th), so you can reset my warranty to start on May 17th? Steve
It said it was already registered. Did a certain well-known on-line retailer sell me a used computer? The package was unopened when I received it?
Thank you for your help so far. I have only had my computer for about a week. However, when I enter that number, it says I only have 312 days of support left.
Where do I find the service tag?
Hi Nikhil, It still doesn't work. My backlight window looks like the following:  
How can I verify that my computer is an XPS 15-1579sLV?
What is the difference in an XPS 15-1579sLV and an XPS L521X?
This version of quickset loaded. I restarted the computer and still no backlight. It is an XPS L521X.
I just tried installing the a second time with the same results, which is weird because they had been installed originally and I uninstalled them. Why would a re-installation be an issue?