usagizero's Posts

usagizero's Posts

Alienware used to be my favorite PC brand, would recommend them to anyone even with the higher prices, because the quality and service were good. Now, since dell bought them, not so much. Used to... See more...
Alienware used to be my favorite PC brand, would recommend them to anyone even with the higher prices, because the quality and service were good. Now, since dell bought them, not so much. Used to get nice backup discs (in a lovely binder), email support, and friendly people. I've been having a freezing problem with my m11x r2 since five minutes after i opened it up (turned it on, went to a web page, freeze and had to a hard reboot). I've had to deal with rude people on the forums insulting me, repeating the things i've done to try and fix it already, and having posts deleted when i do complain. I've called tech, sat for over an hour with them (and of course then it doesn't freeze) and they tell me the exact same things i've been told already. (and ironically, he went into a spiel that sounded like a sales pitch for the laptop i already owned "That laptop is a powerful gaming laptop, that is a good size and price.") I kept hoping that if i waited, some driver release that would come out soon would fix the issue, but every one (and firmware even, don't know how nervous i was installing that, that it would freeze during it and give me a doorstop) hasn't fixed it. I've gotten so sick of having to reinstall everything every time a freeze corrupts things, that i'm close to my last straw here. 
Nothing changed, just opened the box, turned it on, and about a minute later a freeze. Since then, randomly freezing, and only installed three programs (WoW, DDO, and Steam). Hasn't crashed while... See more...
Nothing changed, just opened the box, turned it on, and about a minute later a freeze. Since then, randomly freezing, and only installed three programs (WoW, DDO, and Steam). Hasn't crashed while playing the games, but just while opening windows on desktop or downloading things.  Stock i5, no overclocking or bios changes.
Just got an Alienware m11x yesterday, and since it got here, it's been randomly freezing, responds to nothing, have to hold power button down to restart. Doesn't matter what i do, i can be doing ... See more...
Just got an Alienware m11x yesterday, and since it got here, it's been randomly freezing, responds to nothing, have to hold power button down to restart. Doesn't matter what i do, i can be doing nothing even, and it just locks up. I haven't opened it up to reseat the ram yet, thought i'd see if it could be something else. Tried google, and it seems to be happening to a lot of people, but no solutions posted.  Any help would be great, thanks.