confused saffer's Posts

confused saffer's Posts

As I run another computer with XP Pro I tried to install using the key for the Dell. The issue I have is that it will not accept the key. I have been advised that the reason being that Dell have hard... See more...
As I run another computer with XP Pro I tried to install using the key for the Dell. The issue I have is that it will not accept the key. I have been advised that the reason being that Dell have hardcoded the bios to their OEM software.
My company recently upgraded their desktops and in the process gave their staff the Dell Optiplex GX260's that we were using. Following good corporate governance the machines were given to the staff ... See more...
My company recently upgraded their desktops and in the process gave their staff the Dell Optiplex GX260's that we were using. Following good corporate governance the machines were given to the staff with brand new virgin disks installed. Now the problem i have is that I was not given the Dell System Restore Disk. I have asked my company but due to a recent office move (this last month) they destroyed all  unnecessary software. What this means is that I have a perfectly legal XP Pro licence (as per the licence sticker on the box) but cannot use it as it is not accepted by any other XP software disk. How can I get hold of the original backup disks or get around my problem without having to buy expensive software.