pharman99's Posts

pharman99's Posts

I'm having the exact same problem with my Inspiron 1440.  It too is Win 7, 64-bit.  Like you I've tried updating drivers, quadruple checked all settings etc.  I took the notebook to Best Buy and they... See more...
I'm having the exact same problem with my Inspiron 1440.  It too is Win 7, 64-bit.  Like you I've tried updating drivers, quadruple checked all settings etc.  I took the notebook to Best Buy and they connected right away to their wireless.  I took the machine to my workplace, and it also connected there.  I tried an Ubuntu live CD with no luck at home.  I tried setting up a different brand of wireless router at home, but still no internet.  Then I disabled the 1397 WLAN mini-card and plugged in a spare USB wi-fi dongle.  I finally was able to get to the internet.  This has caused me quite a lot of frustration.  It just shouldn't be this hard.  So here are my choices:  1)  Let the notebook have a USB thingy sticking out the side;  2)  Take it back to Best Buy and pay a probable 15% restocking fee;  3) Research and find out what routers are being used at Best Buy or my workplace and buy one of them.