Flashsight's Posts

Flashsight's Posts

Hello. I have bought another DP cable to replace the one I bought from ebay. Well, this one works fine, so it was the cable. Been reading about the pin 20 and how that creates a problem.
As per title, the monitor works fine on DVI-D, however, when using the Display Port, it will never get picture. I have disconnected all the cables, and only connected 1 monitor to my computer. When... See more...
As per title, the monitor works fine on DVI-D, however, when using the Display Port, it will never get picture. I have disconnected all the cables, and only connected 1 monitor to my computer. When I plug in the Display Port, the monitor recognizes the cable and it goes into power saver. However, it never wakes up, and it will always stay in power save mode when connected via the Display Port. I connected my second monitor, and in windows under screen resolution, I can see both monitors the one on DVI and the other on display port., but the display port one will never come back to life. My problem is similiar to this: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19534915.aspx And this: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19444864/20290936.aspx People who couldn't find a solution to this. What's wrong with this monitor and the display port?   The monitor won't even display the POST screen or windows loading
If you read what I write I said the text is from seagate, not toshiba. Seagate has 0-60°, toshiba is 5-55º. So if seagate would be only 5° higher max temperature than ambient, then toshiba should be ... See more...
If you read what I write I said the text is from seagate, not toshiba. Seagate has 0-60°, toshiba is 5-55º. So if seagate would be only 5° higher max temperature than ambient, then toshiba should be the same, which would be 60°C. Mine is already at 50° and it's mid winter. When reaching 55-60° in the summer, how good would it be for the drive operating at maximum temperature? If I'm lucky maybe the drive might just last over a year, once my warranty expires. I don't know in what situations you would want to be on just the edge of specifications, at least if you hope for the apparatus to function more than just a few years.   Is there any place where other people owning 1014 or 1015 vostros talk about their laptops, what the temps are, how long did the components lasted, if they had any problems, etc.
Even if that would be the ambient temperature I found the following fragment from seagate, which has the ambient temperature 0-60°C: Ambient temperature is defined as the temperature... See more...
Even if that would be the ambient temperature I found the following fragment from seagate, which has the ambient temperature 0-60°C: Ambient temperature is defined as the temperature of the environment immediately surrounding the drive . Actual drive case temperature should not exceed 65 ° C ( 149 ° F ) within the operating ambient conditions . I can't see how 50 - 60°C can be good for the HDD in the long run.
My HDD reaches 50°C, and it's winter. In the summer when the room will increase by 5-7° I can see how it would reach 60°C. The HDD is a toshiba, and the specs say 5-55° operating temperature. ht... See more...
My HDD reaches 50°C, and it's winter. In the summer when the room will increase by 5-7° I can see how it would reach 60°C. The HDD is a toshiba, and the specs say 5-55° operating temperature. http://storage.toshiba.eu/cms/en/hdd/multimedia/product_detail.jsp?productid=341
So could anyone please help me out with the remaining problems?   I cannot install the sound. I get the Conexant Audio under Win XP (I have set my service tag in driver download) but I get that p... See more...
So could anyone please help me out with the remaining problems?   I cannot install the sound. I get the Conexant Audio under Win XP (I have set my service tag in driver download) but I get that problem " Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the media device for this driver."   Other than that, what other dell drivers do I need to download for my USB (the 8 in yellow), the PCI Device under System device and the unknown base system device.
Ok, link is working again.   I am however stuck at the first step, installing the DSS I press Install, and nothing happens when I run it.   I have installed The chipset after After I inst... See more...
Ok, link is working again.   I am however stuck at the first step, installing the DSS I press Install, and nothing happens when I run it.   I have installed The chipset after After I install Intel storage, says I need framework 3.0 (can't get it since I can't conenct to internet/network) After I tried audio, I get an error saying Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the media device for this driver. After I tried video adapter, install went fine this time for video. After For Network Interface Card, I think it's the realtek ethernet, so I run that (there is no NIC for download). Instalation apparently worked Could not find a Dell quickset to install After I tried Wireless, the QMI (since the specs says the vostro has a b/g/n, I chose to install QMI and not the Wireless 1397 b/g)   However after all this, I still have a unknown device called Base System Device I have a PCI Device with a yellow ! saying it has a problem And a bunch of yellow ! under USB Controllers, got 8 yellow ! related to Intel ICH9 family USB.   Also my Wireless enable/disable button (fn + F11) does not work.   Thank you for helping me and waiting eagerly for more input :)
Thank you, I will try that. But for some reason the link says " The chosen document is not currently available." Did they moved the link?
Hi. So I bough the Vostro 1014, that came with the Ubuntu. I wiped the HDD clean, and I installed my Win XP. But now I can't make it functional. First as default, I cannot connect to network/in... See more...
Hi. So I bough the Vostro 1014, that came with the Ubuntu. I wiped the HDD clean, and I installed my Win XP. But now I can't make it functional. First as default, I cannot connect to network/internet. So I used my desktop to download all the drivers from dells site at http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=4HQDSN1&SystemID=Vos_N_1014&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False   But besides the Chipset Intel-Driver and Touch pad, I can't install Anything else since I keep getting errors. Not even the network so I could maybe let Windows download the updates from the internet. Especially for the network drives, it says my operating system is not supported, yet I was under Windows XP when I searched for my drivers.   As of now I have the following devices as unknown.   Base System Device Ethernet Contrller Network Controller PCI Device   And the GM45 failed to install propely as it couldn't find several components during setup.   Please help?  
Hi there, This is my first time I bought a dell product. I got the 2209WA and unfortunately (I was expecting not to be lucky) I have a green tint on greys, most of it being bottom side of the scree... See more...
Hi there, This is my first time I bought a dell product. I got the 2209WA and unfortunately (I was expecting not to be lucky) I have a green tint on greys, most of it being bottom side of the screen, spreading from almost all the way left to 2/3 right. It's most noticeable on greys, and it distorts especially my windows icons and windows which are mostly grey. I was wondering what is the procedure to ask for an exchange and receive a replacement, which hopefully will not have this problem Also I am from Canada, hopefully these are the correct boards since this is where it redirected me when going for community from the Canadian Dell side.   Thanks