gogreen1's Posts

gogreen1's Posts

Link not found.
I'm currently using an Intel Ultimate-n 6300AGN Half Pci-e Card in my Dell XPS 15 (L502X) laptop. I'd like to use a dual-band card. Which one would I use? Would an Intel AC-7260 work in the laptop? I... See more...
I'm currently using an Intel Ultimate-n 6300AGN Half Pci-e Card in my Dell XPS 15 (L502X) laptop. I'd like to use a dual-band card. Which one would I use? Would an Intel AC-7260 work in the laptop? Intel 3160? Thanks.
Thanks, Ron. Windows 10 Home, fully updated. It used to work. Just recently stopped. So far, I've tried replacing the drivers with file R245429--no luck. I also tried deleting the SD/mini-MMC-RS driv... See more...
Thanks, Ron. Windows 10 Home, fully updated. It used to work. Just recently stopped. So far, I've tried replacing the drivers with file R245429--no luck. I also tried deleting the SD/mini-MMC-RS driver and restarting to let Windows load the driver again--no luck.
The media card reader in my Studio XPS 8100 will not read a miniMMC card. Other cards work fine. The card works fine in other readers. I tried updating the driver with R245429.exe, but the problem pe... See more...
The media card reader in my Studio XPS 8100 will not read a miniMMC card. Other cards work fine. The card works fine in other readers. I tried updating the driver with R245429.exe, but the problem persists. Is that the correct file for the latest drivers? Do I need to replace the reader? It's a Foxconn card reader, FITI PID9106--right? I need help in troubleshooting this problem. Thanks.
Thanks. I'm now using T-Clock.
Thank you, Jesse L. When I bring up the region and language area, I do not have the option to change to the long date, or edit the short date. I am using Windows 10, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.187.... See more...
Thank you, Jesse L. When I bring up the region and language area, I do not have the option to change to the long date, or edit the short date. I am using Windows 10, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.187. This works fine on my desktop PC (Dell Studio XPS 8100). The laptop is the problem, as I mentioned.
On my XPS 15 (L502X) I'd like to widen the day and date area so that the day and date fit on one line. For instance, for today, I'd like it to display "Friday/09/16/2016." I have made this change in ... See more...
On my XPS 15 (L502X) I'd like to widen the day and date area so that the day and date fit on one line. For instance, for today, I'd like it to display "Friday/09/16/2016." I have made this change in settings, and when I hover the mouse over that area, the display is correct. But because the display area isn't wide enough, it otherwise shows only the time. This works fine on my desktop PC--plenty of room there. I don't want to increase the taskbar height. I want only to widen the day/time/date area to accommodate the day and date on one line. So how do I widen the day and date area on my laptop? Thanks.
Thanks, Jesse L. What about this one: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260? Would it work?
I'm using an Asus RT-AC68U dual-band router. What is the best wireless adapter I can use for this router in my Dell XPS 15 (L502X) laptop? I'm using Windows 10. Thanks.
I guess I didn't need new drivers, after all. I read a card just fine without any new drivers or downloads.
I also have all the original CDs that came with my computer, including the Drivers and Utilities CD. Would those drivers be on this CD? What would they be called? Thanks.
It's working OK now in Windows 10. When I reinstall Windows 10, it might not work. So from where would I copy and save the drivers? Thanks.
I have a Studio XPS 8100. I may need to do a clean install of Windows 10. Can I download the multimedia card reader from the Dell website?
Anyone? Just jump right in. Thanks.
I work in Finale 2014d, a music notation program. I've been having some garbled notation until I enter another tool or redraw the screen manually. One suggestion was to adjust the hardware accelerati... See more...
I work in Finale 2014d, a music notation program. I've been having some garbled notation until I enter another tool or redraw the screen manually. One suggestion was to adjust the hardware acceleration of the video card. I'm in Windows 10 now and I have a Studio XPS 8100 with an OEM 1024 MB GeForce GTS 240. How do I adjust its hardware acceleration? On another note, I see two updates for this video card. How do I know which one to select? Thanks.
I can't believe how clean that GTS 240 looks! I suppose compressed air and a dry paintbrush are sufficient--right? What about vacuuming? I've heard some pros and cons about that--that one could cause... See more...
I can't believe how clean that GTS 240 looks! I suppose compressed air and a dry paintbrush are sufficient--right? What about vacuuming? I've heard some pros and cons about that--that one could cause an electrical charge that destroys components. Your thoughts on that? Thanks!
Thanks. I have a 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240. After taking the card out of the machine, is it a good idea to remove the metal panel to clean the card of dust more thoroughly? I got this idea from t... See more...
Thanks. I have a 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240. After taking the card out of the machine, is it a good idea to remove the metal panel to clean the card of dust more thoroughly? I got this idea from this video: .
How do I oil the video card fan?
Thanks, Speedstep. Speccy tells me the video card is running hot--77 degrees C. Could the dust buildup be the culprit? By the way, it's a 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (NVIDIA). I don't think I've ev... See more...
Thanks, Speedstep. Speccy tells me the video card is running hot--77 degrees C. Could the dust buildup be the culprit? By the way, it's a 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (NVIDIA). I don't think I've ever cleaned it.:emotion-10:
I'm thinking of cleaning my video card of dust. I could leave it in the case, but I'm thinking it might be better to remove it, clean it with canned air, and then put it back. Any bear traps here I n... See more...
I'm thinking of cleaning my video card of dust. I could leave it in the case, but I'm thinking it might be better to remove it, clean it with canned air, and then put it back. Any bear traps here I need to avoid? Or is this a reasonably simple task?