idledragon's Posts

idledragon's Posts

The only thing is...my machine isn't on this list and the issues I'm having don't seem to match.  Lionel seems to suggest that machines on this list aren't affected by 'that' issue.  
No ideas?  I have tried to install older drivers...the VGA out seems to work just fine.   Is this likely a driver issue or hardware one?  Am I even posting in the correct place?
I have a Inspiron 1520 with an Nvida 8600m (running Win 7 64).  Up until the past week, I've been able to use my notebook with my philips tv as well as a projector with no problems at all. About 2-... See more...
I have a Inspiron 1520 with an Nvida 8600m (running Win 7 64).  Up until the past week, I've been able to use my notebook with my philips tv as well as a projector with no problems at all. About 2-3 days ago it stopped working.  I'm not sure if there was a driver update (I've rolled my machine back as far as possible, tried reinstalling the latest drivers, and nothing has worked).  I have tried the tv & projector and I've also swapped out the s-video cable. Is the card toast?  Am I missing something?  Was there a patch that messed things up? I'd appreciate any ideas/suggestions.