dg121's Posts

dg121's Posts

A02.  We have discussed this problem in a separate thread. My 8.6 CCC update works intermittently. Most of the times I have to rely on the ATI Tools Tray hot key hack to wake up the monitor. It is ... See more...
A02.  We have discussed this problem in a separate thread. My 8.6 CCC update works intermittently. Most of the times I have to rely on the ATI Tools Tray hot key hack to wake up the monitor. It is annoying for a new monitor. So, I'd like to know if u2410 handles the situation any better with my graphics card.
Does anyone know if u2410 will work with the older XPS systems with ATI x600 graphic cards? My new 2408 has all sorts of power save mode issues with this adapter.. 
The Power Save Mode is back!! This is extremely bizarre. After working fine for a couple of days, the monitor has started going back into the Power Save Mode.. I thought that the 8.6 CCC had fixed it... See more...
The Power Save Mode is back!! This is extremely bizarre. After working fine for a couple of days, the monitor has started going back into the Power Save Mode.. I thought that the 8.6 CCC had fixed it, but I spoke to early I suppose! Chris, any ideas? Should I take the trouble to check with tech support/customer care to find a fix/replace the monitor or should I simply deal with this?
They are in the Control Center: Graphics Settings -> Digital Panel (DVI) 4 -> Attributes-> DVI Settings.
Two DVI Settings: 1) Reduce DVI Frequence on high-resolution displays 2) Alternate DVI operational mode I do think that the image quality, especially text, is a bit smoother with 9.3.1..  I a... See more...
Two DVI Settings: 1) Reduce DVI Frequence on high-resolution displays 2) Alternate DVI operational mode I do think that the image quality, especially text, is a bit smoother with 9.3.1..  I also see some pinkish halo around black text in this forum on certain characters - say "[" .. seems like the problem afflicts special characters only !!! I doubt it would make a difference with that older video card. What DVI options did you uncheck in the CCC?  
Just received a brand new monitor, rev 02. Immediately ran into the power save mode issue - the monitor doesn't want to wake up.  I am using an Dell XPS 400, with ATI x600 graphics adapter on Windo... See more...
Just received a brand new monitor, rev 02. Immediately ran into the power save mode issue - the monitor doesn't want to wake up.  I am using an Dell XPS 400, with ATI x600 graphics adapter on Windows Media Center Edition.  After searching the community, I was able to get the problem to disappear by upgrading my Catalyst Control Center to version 8.6 and unchecking the DVI related options. I tried version 9.3.1 as well, but that caused power save issues to return. Ofcourse, I don't know if I'm missing any display goodness by not using the latest driver.  I guess at this point, I can just assume that this is the best it can get, or think about returning it in the hope of buying the new u2410. I saw Chris in support discuss the use of a new DVI cable, has that worked for anyone?