jar5457's Posts

jar5457's Posts

Changing the cables from my monitor to the XPS8910 to a HDMI to DVI Adapter cable worked perfect.  I bought it from Amazon the $7 and am very pleased. No more adapter that causes the screen to go bla... See more...
Changing the cables from my monitor to the XPS8910 to a HDMI to DVI Adapter cable worked perfect.  I bought it from Amazon the $7 and am very pleased. No more adapter that causes the screen to go blank and the picture is nice. My pc does have a NVIDIA graphics card so easy to adjust my screen to my likes.
I have ordered a HDMI to DVI adapter cable. That should have a more secure connection from monitor to PC. Coming in today so will post the results.
I have a new Dell XPS8910 and a Dell S2316M monitor purchased last year. The computer uses a new type cord to connect to the monitor. I bought an adapter to join the monitor to my computer. The probl... See more...
I have a new Dell XPS8910 and a Dell S2316M monitor purchased last year. The computer uses a new type cord to connect to the monitor. I bought an adapter to join the monitor to my computer. The problem is if I touch the tower the monitor no longer connects.  The XPS8910 came with an adapter to connect to monitor. My new PC was replaced by Dell due to problems. The replacement PC needed a different pin layout so I bought a new adapter.  Both the 1st and current PC have problems keeping the monitor connected. With some adjusting it reconnects. This is very annoying. I have tried tightening the connections, but any moving of the tower causes a disconnect. Any ideas of what I can do to fix the annoying problem?
Just got back in town, so plan to try the 2 different suggestions in the morning when I am not so tired. I will post the results. BYW I have never opened my XPS 8910 PC or changed any parts.  Dell di... See more...
Just got back in town, so plan to try the 2 different suggestions in the morning when I am not so tired. I will post the results. BYW I have never opened my XPS 8910 PC or changed any parts.  Dell did some under warranty, but this problem has existed from day one. I need to fix it, so thanks for the suggestions..
I bought my XPS 8910 in November then had to return it to replace the hard drive and motherboard after only 2 weeks use. I like this PC, except it is super slow to reboot. When it boots it takes 5 ... See more...
I bought my XPS 8910 in November then had to return it to replace the hard drive and motherboard after only 2 weeks use. I like this PC, except it is super slow to reboot. When it boots it takes 5 or 10 minutes and sometimes just freezes. Once it does come alive my screen apps have lost their placement and the resolution changes. I have a NVIDA video card, if that matters. I sure need some help fixing this. At each reboot (which I seldom do) I fear the system will not work. O, I had the same problem before the above repair too. Thanks.
I have already restored my system to several different dates to try to get back my bars for wireless with no luck.  I have about run out of ideas, even what I see others have tried. I just know ... See more...
I have already restored my system to several different dates to try to get back my bars for wireless with no luck.  I have about run out of ideas, even what I see others have tried. I just know it is not the service provider since all my other computers work with a full load of bars. XPS 435 MT 8 GB SDRam Windows 7 Home Dell wireless 1505 Draft 802.11 WLAN mini-card with updated driver  
I could have written the above as my Studio XPS 425M has the same problem and I have a laptop right next to it that gets five bars. Did you get this working?  And yes, my network is named and seeing ... See more...
I could have written the above as my Studio XPS 425M has the same problem and I have a laptop right next to it that gets five bars. Did you get this working?  And yes, my network is named and seeing it. Any help would be appreciated. Also this worked great a few weeks ago.
The wireless keyboard (Nausicaa 2.4 GHz with USB dongle)  I bought with my Studio XPS 435MT PC seems to type much different letters than I hit.  About 40% of the time I need to correct the input.  I... See more...
The wireless keyboard (Nausicaa 2.4 GHz with USB dongle)  I bought with my Studio XPS 435MT PC seems to type much different letters than I hit.  About 40% of the time I need to correct the input.  I have 5 computers & this is the only one that gives me trouble.   Is there a problem with the keyboard, a driver, or something else?  Have anyone else had this problem and how did it get fixed? I am stumped. Also, when I bought the PC this was an add-on by Dell per my request, but I would think they would know if there is a compatibility problem.
With Windows 7 and wireless Dell  Keyboard (Vortro 320 all-in-one part # 330-1824 ) when typing in e-mail I get gibber gabber (keys not printing, multi strikes of same letter, etc.).  Does anyone kn... See more...
With Windows 7 and wireless Dell  Keyboard (Vortro 320 all-in-one part # 330-1824 ) when typing in e-mail I get gibber gabber (keys not printing, multi strikes of same letter, etc.).  Does anyone know of a fix for this or have the same problem?  It appears the keyboard mis-strikes are only in e-mails so I am wondering if there may be a driver fix. My computer is a Studeo XPS 435MT.