daddyz's Posts

daddyz's Posts

Hello Daddyz!   There is a big possibility that the motherboard got bricked, however you can try with one memory at the time and if you have dual video card as well test with one video card ... See more...
Hello Daddyz!   There is a big possibility that the motherboard got bricked, however you can try with one memory at the time and if you have dual video card as well test with one video card at the time in both slots, and if the system does not respond at all then you will need to replace the motherboard.    Hi Milena,i i did not do that , however i disconnect everything (memory and gpu) and power on. I guess if the mobo is still good, it will detect the mem missing or gpu missing and resulted beep sound right? I have dismantle everything now. Dont want to assemble it back. Can you confirm the thing i did also can conclude the mobo is bricked?
Hi there, i updated my aurora R4 bios today to A10. However, without any warnings the screen freezing and the computer restart. Upon self restart, the fan is running loud and nothing happens ... See more...
Hi there, i updated my aurora R4 bios today to A10. However, without any warnings the screen freezing and the computer restart. Upon self restart, the fan is running loud and nothing happens after that. No beep soh d, no alien logo. Had tried resetting the bios, remove the smos batt , cycle power,etc. and the pc does not want to boot. It is working fine before. Is this symptom showing my mobo is bricked? Is there any way to recover or reflash or etc? i need to upgrade the bios since im going to win8.1 and this is recommrndation bios at dell page for win8.  any help or advise is highly appreciated. Fyi my system is out of warranty and aged 1 year 2 months. rgds
That is 1st thing i did. Nope the motherboard is bricket. Its not ur fault. I try everything possible and update the bios is not Wrong doing. Thanks for the link. I will refer it 1st. I'm rea... See more...
That is 1st thing i did. Nope the motherboard is bricket. Its not ur fault. I try everything possible and update the bios is not Wrong doing. Thanks for the link. I will refer it 1st. I'm really sorry to hear what just happened to you... You could try to clear the CMOS to see if you can get back the BIOS screen. I found this thread that might be helpfull: http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19405753.aspx
my motherboard brick! when i run the bios update , the pc freeze and restart. The next restart the pc just go silence. Thats is after 1 year 2 month my aurora r4 died. All this is because dell did ... See more...
my motherboard brick! when i run the bios update , the pc freeze and restart. The next restart the pc just go silence. Thats is after 1 year 2 month my aurora r4 died. All this is because dell did not properly release thedriver update that works on all aurora. after numerous attempt to find away to have a correct way install,uninstalling,fail. Tried to run os setup again also fail. then tried to follow our dear forum member advise, the system freeze during the bios update.  If its hardware failure i understand, butit is not. The system work fine on win8. Meaning there is no hardware failure cause the command centre not working. its the win 8.1 did not compatible with command centre driver. When they finally release the driver update, it is not working on my aurora. And why the pc freeze during bios update? No idea. If dell dont care, guess this is a reminder for me and to anybody that i know that maybe it is better to build  own rig. This is the 1st and last of buying so called sophisticated hardware.  I forgot to mention that I already had updated the BIOS, so I had to flash the BIOS again during the procedure, even if the updater said 'this version is already installed'. I sincerely hope it will work for you
Hi Sducharlet77, that is one crazy update procedure i ever heard. anyway, i might need to try after all. Yesterday, i tried clean install from win 8 (everything working fine) than update to 8.1. Th... See more...
Hi Sducharlet77, that is one crazy update procedure i ever heard. anyway, i might need to try after all. Yesterday, i tried clean install from win 8 (everything working fine) than update to 8.1. This way not work. Please dont wasting time reinstalling OS it will not work. I remember Dell gave this suggestion before. I wander why some people do not have problem or had their system upgrade easier. will let you know if your procedure works. thanks. Hi everyone, I finally managed to solve this issue! Note that I have an Aurora R4 and Windows 8.1 Note that I had already installed Command Center 3.5 and still was facing fan issues. Note that I make a difference between "reboot the computer" and "shutdown the computer then restart". It's important. Here are the steps I followed: - Uninstall Command Center from add/remove programs and at the end select 'No, I will restart later'. - Shutdown the computer then restart - Update the BIOS with the latest version (A10 for me) and at the end, select 'reboot the computer' (the software will shutdown then restart the computer itself anyway) - Install Command Center 3.5 and at the end select 'No, I will restart later'. - Shutdown the computer then restart This is the only procedure that worked for me, although I tried several sequences of uninstall/reinstall the command center 3.5 Hope it will be usefull!
hi there, can anybody that had successfully install/update the command Centre help to uninstall,shutdown. and power on install again?  this is the basics way and I want to know is it me only have pro... See more...
hi there, can anybody that had successfully install/update the command Centre help to uninstall,shutdown. and power on install again?  this is the basics way and I want to know is it me only have problem.Take note my problem only happens at Windows 8.1.
hi PaulTod, if now you open the command centre and under the thermal did all the sensor running fine? Is the cpu water pump working? Mine showing the pump is failed. Its confirmed not working on ... See more...
hi PaulTod, if now you open the command centre and under the thermal did all the sensor running fine? Is the cpu water pump working? Mine showing the pump is failed. Its confirmed not working on mine. 1st i think its hardware, but i have the hdd installed with win8 and all working fine on it. My problem only at win 8.1. I had this problem soon after i update it. Listen, All I did to fix this was : 1. Got to the site.  2. Selected Win 8 64 and downloaded the new command center 3. Installed it over the one I had. 4. Restarted. Works like a charm, no more fan / light problems, the system works as it should. 
Hi there, are u guys have the problem fixed with the 3.5 ver command centre? Are the lighting and thermal works even after the system restart|shutdown? Can you confirm that please? Why am i still hav... See more...
Hi there, are u guys have the problem fixed with the 3.5 ver command centre? Are the lighting and thermal works even after the system restart|shutdown? Can you confirm that please? Why am i still having problem? The only difference is having new UI after the update. It works until i restart/shutdown the pc. It is same as before...
can you list the full name of the driver? it is just a matter of uninstall and installing. not sure how can i get it wrong?
Yes same Aurora R4
I have gone through multiple time to uninstall and install 2 version of command centre. basically before its working with "App_DT_AWCC28110_W8_Setup_442CY_ZPE" but problem arise when i restart the ... See more...
I have gone through multiple time to uninstall and install 2 version of command centre. basically before its working with "App_DT_AWCC28110_W8_Setup_442CY_ZPE" but problem arise when i restart the pc.  with the new versions "App_NT_AWCC305010_W8_W81_W7_Setup_P1K0M_ZPE" is not working at all. both lights and thermal. restart or no restart. I notice there is a update message firm current version 2.02.00 to 4.02.00 when i install the new version and vice versa. In the end i revert back to the old original version (that work until i restart) however now even the old version did not work. WOW dell have  screw up more. now the thermal,lights not even working after i install the old version several time. Now im stuck with non working light and thermal.  How can this be. why i am stupid enough to install the new versions? what should i do now? wasting my time
Hi there, how can that fixed this issues? i have downloaded and install the 3.5 versions. problem still the same after restart? does anyone that have the problem get solved by using the 3.5 vers... See more...
Hi there, how can that fixed this issues? i have downloaded and install the 3.5 versions. problem still the same after restart? does anyone that have the problem get solved by using the 3.5 versions?
Dell simply don't care. nothing much to expectoral.
Hello Dell .. What is the update on this issue???
Still no solution or update news from Dell for this issues?
Hello Dell, I never heard any desktop/laptop manufacturer asking the customer reinstall os to fix the problem occurs after the os update. This is the first. Your guys not even know whether it will w... See more...
Hello Dell, I never heard any desktop/laptop manufacturer asking the customer reinstall os to fix the problem occurs after the os update. This is the first. Your guys not even know whether it will work or not and then you asking your customer to become rat lab? I am very dissapointed with my aurora now, i need to uninstall and install back the command centre everytime my computer restart! Without doing this the thermal (cpu water pump) and the alien fx lighting will not work. Without the command centre, what is the Aurora? Without the lighting effect? Thermal issue? Im thingking to strip down and buy desent looking case that actually work. Why is that to big problem for dell to investigate,simulate and release updated command centre software to make the customer happy?
the startup spinning issue/sw issue will happens soon after the 1st computer restart. the thermal controller and alien fx will not work. it will work after you uninstall and install the comman... See more...
the startup spinning issue/sw issue will happens soon after the 1st computer restart. the thermal controller and alien fx will not work. it will work after you uninstall and install the command centre. but again, it will start malfunctions again after the pc restart. DELL, any update on this issue??
I also have same problem with alien fx and thermal controller with latest windows 8.1 update. checked on dell website does not show any new driver or sw for windows 8.1. software update is required... See more...
I also have same problem with alien fx and thermal controller with latest windows 8.1 update. checked on dell website does not show any new driver or sw for windows 8.1. software update is required from Dell.
Hi there. There is new bios A07 rolled quite some time ago. This enable the of features unlocked back. Go download this from Dell website.
 Thanks Frank. It is great if Alienware had the same touch as it is at windows 7.