brushbporder's Posts

brushbporder's Posts

Older xps (~2009) primarily used as server runs on Ubuntu. Shortly after boot machine will enter sleep, and cannot wake with mouse or keyboard. No matter what you are doing machine just enters sleep... See more...
Older xps (~2009) primarily used as server runs on Ubuntu. Shortly after boot machine will enter sleep, and cannot wake with mouse or keyboard. No matter what you are doing machine just enters sleep. Did this on Ubuntu 16.04. Does this on Ubuntu 18.04. Heck, the OS doesn't matter cause it does it from the BIOS too. Have removed all USB's except keyboard. Replaced motherboard battery. Thanks
Found it under my computer.  As you said it is not activated - 30 days left to try.  Thanks.  Mystery solved.
ahhh.  Then how do I activate it?  Thanks again!
I would think the same thing so I went to microsoft.com/genuine to check it and it returned that it is Genuine Software.  Just trying to figure this out.  Thanks again!
I would think so too, but I have installed on another machine using VMWare (so a virtual machine).  Thanks again!
Wondering if it is just me or if this is correct.  I have been able to install the OS on different machines, and the Microsoft authentication program says it is Genuine Microsoft Software.  It never ... See more...
Wondering if it is just me or if this is correct.  I have been able to install the OS on different machines, and the Microsoft authentication program says it is Genuine Microsoft Software.  It never asked for the authentication number on install. How is it the authenticated on other non-Dell machines?  Thanks!