almas rony's Posts

almas rony's Posts

Hey I have a Dell inspiron n4050 laptop and I formatted it a while back to factory defaults. It took me a long time to figure out to how to format it. I pressed F12 upon booting the computer since I ... See more...
Hey I have a Dell inspiron n4050 laptop and I formatted it a while back to factory defaults. It took me a long time to figure out to how to format it. I pressed F12 upon booting the computer since I couldn't get past the booting screen without it getting blue screen and rebooting and then an endless loop. I put in the format disk that I received from DELL, and I set the computer to factory defaults.Later, upon using the computer, I tried to watch a DVD and I received this error. This happens with every CD or DVD I insert. I tried using the Fix It tool Microsoft has and it was only able to read DVDs (like movies but not games or anti-virus programs) ,but it they only worked when I started the program (it was not a permanent fix). I tried reinstalling the drivers a lot but with no success.I have the disk to reinstall the drivers but there obsolete without being able to use the disk drive. I've also tried deleting the upper and lower filters but I didn't have any (a suggestion I saw on this forum). I've had this problem for a very long time and I'd appreciate it if anyone could help. i use windows 8 in my laptop