PhotonEclipse's Posts

PhotonEclipse's Posts

Ordered the 435T (now shown as XPS 9000) on 09/08/09; estimated deliver date 09/17/09, paid for 2nd day delivery so it should have shipped on 09/15/09. On 09/15/09 (the day it should have shipped) ... See more...
Ordered the 435T (now shown as XPS 9000) on 09/08/09; estimated deliver date 09/17/09, paid for 2nd day delivery so it should have shipped on 09/15/09. On 09/15/09 (the day it should have shipped) received notification that delivery date was changed to 09/24/09, including the statement that Dell was " confident we will deliver your order on or before this new date." On 09/22/09 (the next date it should have shipped) received notification that delivery date was changed to 10/01/09, including notice that I had to confirm the order or it would be cancelled, as required by the Federal Trade Commission. A bit suspicious as this wasn't yet 30 days since the order as the FTC requires. When I checked the order number on Dell's website it shows estimated delivery on 10/15/09 which may explain the need for the order confirmation. When I check the website this evening it now shows estimated delivery 10/01/09. Hmmm..... Emailed responses to the "Dell's Delayed Order Notification Team" which also seems to be the "Dell Inc. Notification Team" have produced no results, except frustration. They offer no customer service, stating they "are solely responsible for informing our customer(s) about potential delays to the delivery of their order(s)." Further, receiving notification of delay on the day the product is to ship certainly does not build customer confidence. Got in contact with someone from "Customer Care" who states: 1) there is a supply shortage (of unknown type), 2) the 435T is the most popular desktop, and 3) there is a big back to school rush. Well, I too was hoping to have the computer ready to go before my classes began. Also, whenever I'm offered multiple excuses, I do tend to start to get suspicious. So, my first question: is there any rationale, that would make any sense of all of this, other than it being incredibly poor customer service. Next, is it just possible, and maybe this is the conspiracy theorist in me coming out, but could this be somehow related to the October release of Windows 7? I'm still running Windows XP. It was my understanding that the best strategy was to buy a Vista computer before Win 7 was released, transfer your files to the Vista machine, and then upgrade the Vista OS to Win 7. But, could it be more expensive for Dell to ship Vista with the free upgrade to Win 7, so they are risking the loss of customers by delaying shipments? What are this difficulties that will arise should the new computer arrive with Win 7 instead Vista? Thanks, Frustrated.