MTFrobin's Posts

MTFrobin's Posts

After Upgrading to Windows 10 the Synaptics software does not work. Tap click menu is gone from the task bar icon. Tried a whole bunch of different drivers from other dell XPS laptops only to no ... See more...
After Upgrading to Windows 10 the Synaptics software does not work. Tap click menu is gone from the task bar icon. Tried a whole bunch of different drivers from other dell XPS laptops only to no avail. I did find the solution after a bit reading through countless threads, but not exactly what others are suggesting. Once you have the Dell Touchpad driver installed with is the Synaptics software, why Dell doesn't correct this I'll never understand. GoTo: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Synaptics/SynTPEnh/PopupConfig Then look for "ShowTapToClick" in the right field, change the value from 0 to 1 and reboot. The Tap Click menu will be active now, simple uncheck the tap to click!!!!
I just downloaded this WLAN driver on my 1525 with new Vista Home Premium SP2 32 Bit. Works just fine. R191674.exe
Depending on what year the PC is, Dell give up Symantec a while back. But you should have the OEM image of the OS on the hard drive. There is a procedure at start up before Windows loads using the F... See more...
Depending on what year the PC is, Dell give up Symantec a while back. But you should have the OEM image of the OS on the hard drive. There is a procedure at start up before Windows loads using the F8 key and select the options for repair, there you should see restore Factory Image. Unless someone formatted the Hard Drive.
Nope, it has been working fine with the senerio I posted at the end of my first post. With the addition of not using the performance mode in the power options, this activates the video card to up i... See more...
Nope, it has been working fine with the senerio I posted at the end of my first post. With the addition of not using the performance mode in the power options, this activates the video card to up it's speed and use 512 mb. I have replaced the Intel SSD HD with a WD 7200rpm Black 750gb. While it's slower I can load all the software. But activating the video card to 512 mb is still glitch, so I do not use that feature.
Thanks for getting back to me, but my problem was that they slip streamed the Raid controller drivers on to the Dell MBR, so not even the first Vista release would install. Dell's orginal Disk does... See more...
Thanks for getting back to me, but my problem was that they slip streamed the Raid controller drivers on to the Dell MBR, so not even the first Vista release would install. Dell's orginal Disk does not give an option for you to install drivers like the Matrix drivers from USB or CD or A drive. (what's up with that) I deleted all partions and erased all three MBRs (never seen that before) with Super Fdisk utility. So I played a few more times with Windows 7 and drivers from several other models. Most of them from 1750 Win 7 32 bit. And I tried the 355 Bluetooth driver it worked but not perfect so I did not install the the driver, dont use it anyway. I got it all working except the for newer Chipset Driver from Intel you have to leave Dell's old Vista 32bit Chipset driver. So wind up with the Windows rating for CPU is a 1/2 a point lower but no gliches. I'm happy.
Hi Tony (tgsmith), I have read all the posts in this thread, but have a problem with the Dell recovery partion it is not mounted or active. It does show up in Disk Management as a partion with no d... See more...
Hi Tony (tgsmith), I have read all the posts in this thread, but have a problem with the Dell recovery partion it is not mounted or active. It does show up in Disk Management as a partion with no drive letter and the same for Dell Media partion and a OEM partion so there are 4 all together. When I use Windows Explorer only the C shows. I remember that it used to show before I install Win 7 32 bit, which after many trys with different drivers from other Dell Laptops running Win 7 32 bits, just could not get this Dell 1720 to work 100%. At the moment I am using the OEM Vista 32 bit Disk to reinstall OS back onto partion 3 which had Win 7 32bit, something must be wrong it's taking forever to do the last step (Completing installation). I hope I didn't fry something or change a device's setting to the point where Vista does not recognize the computer.
Tried all of that and tried again just to make sure but, I believe the problem is the driver is missing the option to over ride game settings that used to be in the old driver and Cat. You know pay... See more...
Tried all of that and tried again just to make sure but, I believe the problem is the driver is missing the option to over ride game settings that used to be in the old driver and Cat. You know pay more get less. Probably cost to much to R&D and/or Dell didn't want to pay for it, to be fully to be compatable with all or most games.
I can not play my games at Full Panel sized anymore!!!! I have a Dell 24" monitor using DVI to HDMI connection and when it was hooked up to my old XPS400 with the AMD ATI X300 128meg card, it had n... See more...
I can not play my games at Full Panel sized anymore!!!! I have a Dell 24" monitor using DVI to HDMI connection and when it was hooked up to my old XPS400 with the AMD ATI X300 128meg card, it had no problems expanding all my games to full panel size regardless of screen resolution. Now using HDMI to HDMI connection and I have the latest Driver and Cat installed for the AMD Radeon HD 6450.  Scaling is on and set to 100% (played around with every setting options) and nothing. I'm missing about 2 1/2 to 3 inches all around the game window aspect ratio is correct. I just don't know what I can try next. Calling AMD got me nowhere they said since it's a OEM card they just donn't support them!!! Nice Selling Point gotta love Tech Support :-) Called Dell XPS Support but can't get to third tier support J ust seeing if anybody else as the same issues and resolved
Wow! If it were me, I would do a Dell system restore to factory condition. And Start over.
This is ture for some chargers, the old ones. I use a name brand like Targus they have the chip inside and most do. You have to check
Sorry about not getting into detail with the first post I was on my Verizon TP2 when I type it. I,m glad the COA worked for you. Get the charger as soon as possible. Just one thought, the softwa... See more...
Sorry about not getting into detail with the first post I was on my Verizon TP2 when I type it. I,m glad the COA worked for you. Get the charger as soon as possible. Just one thought, the software sould not get corrupt just because the main battery runs out I would check the cmos battery! Again check the support page. Good Luck
I tried to tell you, to check your support page for your service tag number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a key stoke input right after the bios splash screen. I don't know if it's shift + F9 or Ctrl +... See more...
I tried to tell you, to check your support page for your service tag number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a key stoke input right after the bios splash screen. I don't know if it's shift + F9 or Ctrl + F9, F7 you have to check! It's not Windows F8 You can not access Dell restore from a windows screen. They use Roxio or Norton and the factory ISO image on a ESIA partion. Using Dell restore means all the drivers, software and bloatware will be installed "simple no!"   Also you cannot use different COA with a disk it won't unlock the installer. 
Any time glad to help, I do not have your setup so detailed help would be hard. But make sure all screen savers are off and changing back round picture is off, you would be digging into the capabil... See more...
Any time glad to help, I do not have your setup so detailed help would be hard. But make sure all screen savers are off and changing back round picture is off, you would be digging into the capabilty of the graphics card. and are you converting while importing? I've found it's best to download the raw file first and then do what ever you need.
I do not think it's a hard drive speed issuse and laptop hard drives come in all speeds just like a desktop. More likely it's that the laptop is entering sleep mode or hibernate even the screen goi... See more...
I do not think it's a hard drive speed issuse and laptop hard drives come in all speeds just like a desktop. More likely it's that the laptop is entering sleep mode or hibernate even the screen going black will give the graphic card a hard time! Try adjusting power settings and the advance settings too. Video rending is the most intensive work a computer can do so make sure nothing else is running! And you do not have to take the battery out, just press and hold down the power button until it shuts down!
You still need to give more info if you want help!! Is the Wifi light on? Is the Wifi icon displayed on the task bar? Are you using security software? Do you use WEP, WAP, or any type of incr... See more...
You still need to give more info if you want help!! Is the Wifi light on? Is the Wifi icon displayed on the task bar? Are you using security software? Do you use WEP, WAP, or any type of incryption? What are the error messages if any?
I would check the support page for your service tag number and find out how to restore to factory condition. Or get your money back from the person you bought it from Dell stopped making them a yea... See more...
I would check the support page for your service tag number and find out how to restore to factory condition. Or get your money back from the person you bought it from Dell stopped making them a year ago so it would only have Vista or (XP special order)
If you think Dell is the worst you do not own an HP product, I've been told from reps that Dell and Microsoft is the best if work in India they pay the highest,  if you get canned from Dell or your e... See more...
If you think Dell is the worst you do not own an HP product, I've been told from reps that Dell and Microsoft is the best if work in India they pay the highest,  if you get canned from Dell or your english is not up to par when looking for a job HP is always hiring. I even paid once to HP for tech support $59 just to be kept on hold for 1 1/2 hours after a 1/2 hour just to pay. I had my wife call HP while I was on hold and she argued for an hour to get our money back. After which I called Microsoft an paid them and my problem was fixed in 15 minutes. Now as for Dell all my machines are XPS so I do have a better tech support than a standard Dell and if you buy that premium warranty you tech agents live in the states. If are goverment keeps on letting companys out source this is what happens! We pay we pay we pay
I purchased a Dell 1340 Studio XPS 13 (1340) Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (6MB cache/2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB) Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz, Intel X25-M 160 GB ... See more...
I purchased a Dell 1340 Studio XPS 13 (1340) Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (6MB cache/2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB) Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz, Intel X25-M 160 GB SSD and 512MB NVIDIA GeForce G 210M This puppy does full bootups in 14 seconds and installs a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit in 7 minutes!!! But here's the problem. I can not install Dells System Software or nVidia's Chipset Driver! When I install DSS and it reboots automatically system hangs after Bios screen and this will go on for ever. So I do another fresh install without DSS, next Driver to install is nVidia's Chipset, this is were things go very bad. nVidia Chipset driver changes the SSD from ATA to SCSI and changes the timing settings for the drive. I can no longer use trim (Intel Toolbox ver. 1.3) and windows performance index goes from 6.2 to 4.8 overall. And I never saw so many Blue screens since Windows ME! Dell tells me that they do not support Intel's SSD but if I buy a Dell SSD made by Samsung they would support it. Sorry to say but Dell's SSD Drives are having problems as well, you can search the forums. Dell did tell me that they are elevating my issue to the next level but that was a month ago. Since then they came out with another driver (nVidia AHCI) which does nothing but tells you NCQ is enabled. nVidia tells me to contact Dell, no help there. Intel tells me to contact Dell and get the correct driver for the Chipset. So after 20 or so fresh installs, I now do not install DSS and nVidia's Chipset and turn off Virtual Memory (Page File Sysytem). Since I have 8 GB of Memory this is not a problem and no blue screen! The only thing is the Coprocessor has an error in Device Manager because I do not install the driver. Is anyone else having SSD problems if so we need to get together and get Dell to work with nVidia to make the correct driver for SSDs. 
I purchased a Dell 1340 Studio XPS 13 (1340) Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (6MB cache/2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB) Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz, Intel X25-M 160 GB... See more...
I purchased a Dell 1340 Studio XPS 13 (1340) Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (6MB cache/2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB) Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz, Intel X25-M 160 GB SSD and 512MB NVIDIA GeForce G 210M This puppy does full bootups in 14 seconds and installs a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit in 7 minutes!!! But here's the problem. I can not install Dells System Software or nVidia's Chipset Driver! When I install DSS and it reboots automatically system hangs after Bios screen and this will go on for ever. So I do another fresh install without DSS, next Driver to install is nVidia's Chipset, this is were things go very bad. nVidia Chipset driver changes the SSD from ATA to SCSI and changes the timing settings for the drive. I can no longer use trim (Intel Toolbox ver. 1.3) and windows performance index goes from 6.2 to 4.8 overall. And I never saw so many Blue screens since Windows ME! Dell tells me that they do not support Intel's SSD but if I buy a Dell SSD made by Samsung they would support it. Sorry to say but Dell's SSD Drives are having problems as well, you can search the forums. Dell did tell me that they are elevating my issue to the next level but that was a month ago. Since then they came out with another driver (nVidia AHCI) which does nothing but tells you NCQ is enabled. nVidia tells me to contact Dell no help there. Intel tells me to contact Dell and get the correct driver for the Chipset. So after 20 or so fresh installs, I now do not install DSS and nVidia's Chipset and turn off Virtual Memory (Page File Sysytem). Since I have 8 GB of Memory this is not a problem and no blue screen! The only thing is the Coprocessor has an error in Device Manager because I do not install the driver. Is anyone else having SSD problems if so we need to get together and get Dell to work with nVidia to make the correct driver for SSDs.