FrenchMurderer's Posts

FrenchMurderer's Posts

Yea Iv been trying to access the files themselves searching for an executable file to launch that would restore.. But I seem to encounter an other problem... the "file folders" are with a little ... See more...
Yea Iv been trying to access the files themselves searching for an executable file to launch that would restore.. But I seem to encounter an other problem... the "file folders" are with a little lock as an icon and whenever I try to open them I can only see "Dell this is part of the the recovery partition do not delete or modify these files".. I guess they are locked or encrypted.. any idea on how to access them? If I knew the way to manually launch the recovery all my issues would be solved tho... And I don't a key in this windows version (thats why its kinda urgent I fix this..) I only have a pre-entered one in the recovery partition and probably in the windows.old files (but I don't know how to find it in there..)
You wouldnt know somebody using  Dell Datasafe Local still with the partition and everything as new? I believe if I switched my Dell DataSafe Program files with how they SHOULD be... that should ... See more...
You wouldnt know somebody using  Dell Datasafe Local still with the partition and everything as new? I believe if I switched my Dell DataSafe Program files with how they SHOULD be... that should do the trick. however the command might also be in the windows files but.... Im hopin..
I also have the "windows.old" files.. if they can be of any use.. The problem is my CD drive is dead and the replacement is coming in 3months...
No the fresh install was from a completely separate CD originally for an other computer.... Could I get the Serial from the recovery partition somehow? What I don't understand is if the partition... See more...
No the fresh install was from a completely separate CD originally for an other computer.... Could I get the Serial from the recovery partition somehow? What I don't understand is if the partition is intact why can't i simply reactivate the link between them?
yea, thats exactly my problem. the fresh instal broke the link but I need to re-create it..
hum... help?
Ok guys please read this completely before posting "Here is how to restore to factory settings using AlienRespawn", So I have an Alienware M15x which came with a factory settings partition and... See more...
Ok guys please read this completely before posting "Here is how to restore to factory settings using AlienRespawn", So I have an Alienware M15x which came with a factory settings partition and the program "Dell DataSafe Local Backup" and I don't have the original Factory settings CD (simply never got it..) A copy of Windows 7 (called NEW for simplicity) overwrote my own (original copy) of Windows 7 (called Alien for simplicity). (I know thats stupid..) When I launched my laptop All my programs were gone including Dell DataSafe. I reinstalled the program to get everything back to a clean install (factory settings). The program told me "Dell DataSafe Local Backup has not been able to detect the recovery partition on this computer. It might be missing or corrupt." Seen Below: So I made everything visible and opened "G:\" my recovery partition. Seen below:  I don't know how it looked before but I don't see any reason why it would have been modified by the Windows NEW installer since its on a separate partition. So I assume it is Intact. Therefor I don't understand why Dell DataSafe Local Backup  doesn't detect the partition. I need to go back to factory settings since It had a pre-installed Windows and I don't have the serial key of it to put in this one (and I don't wanna pay 150 Euros or so..) the sticker below the laptop is completely faded out I can't read it.. How can I back it up without using Dell DataSafe local Backup or make Dell DataSafe Local Backup recognize the recovery partition?
In the stupid (I must admit) scenario in which a Windows 7 was overwritten by an other one, why would the back up software (after reinstall) not detect the recovery partition?
Hi guys, So as mentioned in the title this is a Dell DataSafe (Premium) problem.. I need to restore to Factory settings which as all Dell PC's is on a ghost drive (partitioned from C:)  Weirdly... See more...
Hi guys, So as mentioned in the title this is a Dell DataSafe (Premium) problem.. I need to restore to Factory settings which as all Dell PC's is on a ghost drive (partitioned from C:)  Weirdly Dell Datasafe Doesnt detect the ghost partition. The partition is in PERFECT condition and I even have a copy of it on my external hard drive but I don't know how to restore without Dell DataSafe..   Does anyone know how I can do that?   Alienware M15x, i7 1.60GHz , 4GB of Ram  , Broken CD drive and no aces to the BIOS. (unknown password)
Like... is there some way to restore without datasafe detecting the partition??
thanks that helps a lot Speed step, I believe my recovery partition is intact. By mistake my Windows 7 Alienware edition was over written by a new Windows 7. Therefor I wanted to restore from factory... See more...
thanks that helps a lot Speed step, I believe my recovery partition is intact. By mistake my Windows 7 Alienware edition was over written by a new Windows 7. Therefor I wanted to restore from factory settings to go back to how it was before (my files are backed up online.) However Dell datasafe was gone from my programs. after reinstalling it, datasafe did NOT detect the recovery drive.. Therefor I can't recover.. any clue?
Thank you ejn63 you have really cleared it out... though its bad news for me... 🙂 (warranty is out.)
Then I'm screwed... Got it from a little reseller here...
Will they give me a master password by mail if I give proof of ownership? (which Im not sure what u mean by that... :))
Well Id love to but I don't live in America... I live in romania... Dell doesn't even have an office here! 😄 so... not so helpful! 🙂 is there no common "for everyone" password by any chance?
Hi guys, As the title states it, I have an M15x Alienware and in my (for now) vain attempt to repair my computer from an other problem, which is not of any importance in this case, I have reached t... See more...
Hi guys, As the title states it, I have an M15x Alienware and in my (for now) vain attempt to repair my computer from an other problem, which is not of any importance in this case, I have reached the annoying point when my BIOS refuses to let me in the settings and I don't know how to get in without its password (opening up the computer up and taking out the BIOS battery is NOT an option! :D) I don't remember ever putting a specific password and believe I didn't choose the password... I have googled it and found their usually were some master passwords (PHOENIX, phoenix, bios...) but none seems to work. Anyone got a clue of what I could do/put instead of random words? 😃   Alienware M15x Windows 7 Home Premium Alienware Edition 64-Bit  
Doesn't seem like they wanna help me! =D
I am missing a file from the ghost drive therefor even "repairing the computer" which by the way is F8 and not F2 as F2 loads the BIOS menu, does not solve my issue in any way.. The only way I an thi... See more...
I am missing a file from the ghost drive therefor even "repairing the computer" which by the way is F8 and not F2 as F2 loads the BIOS menu, does not solve my issue in any way.. The only way I an think of is using a copy of someone else's ghost drive to fill up the blanks inside my own drive but people usually don't put a copy of there ghost recovery-drive online sadly! 😄
As you might have realised, its a full system backup that I need and sadly from what I know the online version of Datasafe only offers data backup.  If you have an alienware M15x with windows 7 c... See more...
As you might have realised, its a full system backup that I need and sadly from what I know the online version of Datasafe only offers data backup.  If you have an alienware M15x with windows 7 could you please copy your Ghost drive?
Hi guys, As the title states it, this is only for M15x running on Windows 7 (originally shipped with the PC) Due to a nasty little virus, my Factory backup image ghost drive has been corrup... See more...
Hi guys, As the title states it, this is only for M15x running on Windows 7 (originally shipped with the PC) Due to a nasty little virus, my Factory backup image ghost drive has been corrupted (not the main Windows system backup but smaller things which make the backup impossible). I would ask you guys for a very little help to be honest, I would need a copy of a factory image ghost drive to fill up the wholes in my own copy of it.. Can you guys help?   Thanks very much