jchuck's Posts

jchuck's Posts

Outstanding.  Thanks so much, Cradz. I was expecting that this post may eventually show up in search engine results that may help people in the future.  Surprising that there's practically nothing ... See more...
Outstanding.  Thanks so much, Cradz. I was expecting that this post may eventually show up in search engine results that may help people in the future.  Surprising that there's practically nothing about it at this point.  I'll try to find the search result that pointed in the general direction of cdilla tonight.  "cdantsrv.exe" was certainly the majority of those results, but there was one in particular that referenced the executable that I'm referring to specifically. I won't get negative about the obscurity or lack of details for the executable, but it would probably be appreciated if someone responsible for the driver and utility exe builds to put some information in there to alleviate any confusion like this.  "Copyright 2010" isn't very helpful to anyone frankly.  
Nothing's being flagged using Security Essentials and up to date on both machines.  I'm still at a personal defcon 2 level after having had to restore the wife's XPS1210 twice in a four month period ... See more...
Nothing's being flagged using Security Essentials and up to date on both machines.  I'm still at a personal defcon 2 level after having had to restore the wife's XPS1210 twice in a four month period now due to severe infections.  I suppose I was looking for confirmation one way or the other than this was or was not a Dell installed process, possibly from the 2335dn driver set;  obviously if the Dell utility put it there, then there's nothing to worry about, but all I have to go on is the coincidence that I reinstalled the 2335dn driver software on both machines in a 2 hour window that these files appeared. Properties of the files:
Greetings.  I've had a heck of a time finding any information on a suspicious (albeit only because there's no information on it) executable I've seen running on both an XP32 machine and a Win7x64 mac... See more...
Greetings.  I've had a heck of a time finding any information on a suspicious (albeit only because there's no information on it) executable I've seen running on both an XP32 machine and a Win7x64 machine I have.  It's very possible that it's a piece or portion of something installed via the MFP 2335dn driver/utility set, since the directory and contents on both machines have write timestamps closely associated with the installation of that software I applied to both machines last night,  but I just wanted to make sure. CDASrv.exe and the "Common Desktop Service" directory in Program Files in both XP and Win7.  There is a startup reference to both I can see when I run msconfig.  The version of the executable is 1.53.0 iirc (I'm at work), but there is not other indicative author information associated with the dll or executable. I've seen vague references to cdilla (yuck) in some remedial searches online, then then a one off page that's not a dell site, but has information about that version of this file proprtedly provided by dell along with an msiconfig call on how to remove it. Is this something to be worried about? Thanks.
So your conclusions are that the disconnect is occuring in the docks DP port?   Chris, That may be the case with handRaisedCallMe, but I just re-performed the following test:  Undocked ... See more...
So your conclusions are that the disconnect is occuring in the docks DP port?   Chris, That may be the case with handRaisedCallMe, but I just re-performed the following test:  Undocked the M6500 and connected it to it's power supply Unplugged the DP cable from the back of the eport plus dock and into the side displayport input on the M6500.  The 3011 immediately turned on. Set the Win7-64 "Balanced" power management scheme to put the monitor to sleep in 1 minute.  Saved. Came back two minutes later, the 3011's amber colored power light was on. Hit a key on the M6500.  First the displayport "icon" in the top left came on the 3011.  The second message displayed was "Entering sleep mode" on the 3011.  This is what happens with the Eport plus as well.   So in my case no, the dock doesn't seem to be the culprit. 
Thanks for the reply Chris.   My configuration may be a pretty good place to start since it's a complete chain of Dell hardware. Dell M6500 Covet with an nVidia FX3800M. Dell Eport Plus repli... See more...
Thanks for the reply Chris.   My configuration may be a pretty good place to start since it's a complete chain of Dell hardware. Dell M6500 Covet with an nVidia FX3800M. Dell Eport Plus replicator using DP++ out from the docking station on either displayport++ output. Dell U3011, A01 firmware. Please let me know if you need any other specific info about what I'm using with regards to this hardware combination.   Edit:  Power management is variable.  I use balanced (default settings) most of the time and high performance on occasion.  Powered display standby settings are really all I've modified to get around having to manually power cycle the 3011 and/or undock the 6500 when the display enters standby and won't come back on.   Edit 2:  s/HDMI/DP\+\+.  Sorry about the confusion.
Is anyone from Dell going to address this thread/issue?
Anyone?
I am having the same problem using an Eport Plus in combination with an M6500.  Happens on both displayport outputs. This doesn't happen with other displays. Has there been any progress towards a... See more...
I am having the same problem using an Eport Plus in combination with an M6500.  Happens on both displayport outputs. This doesn't happen with other displays. Has there been any progress towards a resolution for this or should I return the 3011?   Thanks.  
And a final post.  It seems that the Nvidia based implementation at least with Displayport "++" out will only support an audio signal being passed over displayport to an external monitor that is n... See more...
And a final post.  It seems that the Nvidia based implementation at least with Displayport "++" out will only support an audio signal being passed over displayport to an external monitor that is no high resolution than 1080HD, or 1920x1080.    I do not know if this is a limitation of the hardware design or the driver, though there is an ambiguous reference to this deficiency (known issue of sorts) in the pdf readme on nvidia's own site for the latest release of the driver. Obviously this rules out a substantial number of displays that people would be interested in using with the external output of displayport only equipped machines like my M6500.  Does anyone at Dell know if this will be addressed by nvidia?  I've tried to create an account on their site to ask the same question, but the registration process seems to be broken. Considering I'm using about $6K worth of Dell hardware to continue replying to my own post here, I'd really appreciate a response of some sort.  Thanks.
I'll add more info now (though I was hoping that someone from Dell would've replied by now)... I uninstalled and removed all nvidia drivers and executables from my system, and thenI reverted all th... See more...
I'll add more info now (though I was hoping that someone from Dell would've replied by now)... I uninstalled and removed all nvidia drivers and executables from my system, and thenI reverted all the way back to the driver that was included on the DVD shipped with my M6500 last year some time... the installer package driver version off the DVD was 8.16.11.8843.  Also, I removed the IDT drivers and obbserved that a "Microsoft High Definition Audio Device" took it's place, which strangely enough made a "Digital Audio (S/PDIF)" option appear in the Playback Devices section of Win 7. I connected the machine using a displayport to hdmi cable I have to a Westinghouse 32" lcd tv.  Lo and behold, sound. I think started upgrading nvidia drivers through 3 versions including ISV, the 257.xx Dell package from support.dell.com, and finally the newest release for the 3800FX off nvidia's site which were released yesterday. Still had sound on the tv, though nothing was ever mentioned by the two installers that had "HDAudio" directories about an audio driver being installed by the nvidia setup.  I can only assume that this is expected (Dell?  Anyone? I can't register on nvidia's site, so I can't ask there....) Now that I knew that sound was working on the TV, I plugged the m6500 into the eport dock.  No sound. Nor was there sound coming from the outputs connected to the u3011 when I hooked the displayport cable directly to the display from the 6500. Just to be clear, I used the displayport cable included in the U3011 package, have tried both ports on the Eport plus dock, and have also tried direct connection to the display from the 6500 via the DP out on the portable itself.  I've tried both 2.0 and 5.1 sound configurations on the 3011.  
Greetings. There was a point in time when I had an option to use audio over displayport on my M6500 which has an nvidia FX3800 with displayport out.  Originally I had used this hooked up to an HDMI... See more...
Greetings. There was a point in time when I had an option to use audio over displayport on my M6500 which has an nvidia FX3800 with displayport out.  Originally I had used this hooked up to an HDMI input on my tv using a standard displayport cable hooked to the laptop with an HDMI connector on the other end.  Everything worked fine.   A couple of driver updates later, and after adding a new Dell U3011 this week, I have no options for audio control from the driver.  Originally I had been trying to use the nvidia 268.xx drivers.  I removed those drivers and installed the 257.29 driver package from Dell which has an "HDAudtio" subdirectory in the installer.  Still I cannot hook up the displayport cable to the monitor using my Eport Plus dock on either displayport output nor the displayport out on the laptop itself and get an audio signal sent to the monitor.  Checking the Win7 64 system32 directory, it looks like the audio drivers aren't even being installed.   Is something broken in the installer package?  I've verified that there are no residual drivers from the other package, so I'm not sure what's going on here.  Seems that a number of other people are having similar issues.    Thanks.