scousetomo's Posts

scousetomo's Posts

I have an Aurora R3, and I was able to get both Windows 8 and 8.1 up and running without issue by doing a small bit of legwork.  This was not my own discovery (this was worked out by a different ... See more...
I have an Aurora R3, and I was able to get both Windows 8 and 8.1 up and running without issue by doing a small bit of legwork.  This was not my own discovery (this was worked out by a different user last year). What you will ultimately be doing is babysitting your installation and then installing two drivers. The problem with the R3 is when you go to do a warm boot with 8/8.1.  This never seems to be a problem on a cold boot.  So, when you are installing 8/8.1, you need to watch for when the machine wants to restart.  When it gets to that point where you know its safe to cut the power, hold down the power button until the machine shuts off.  Push the button again to start it up and let the install continue.  Repeat this over and over again until Windows finally finishes installing (like 5 or 6 times... maybe less). When you finally get it all installed, go and download the following two driver installation packages : www.dell.com/.../alienware-aurora-r3 and www.dell.com/.../alienware-aurora-r3 Run both of them fully.  You should be good to go at this point. I had this same problem a year ago with Windows 8.  I performed these steps and my installation has lasted all this time without any problems. When I decided to go and install 8.1, I was horribly reminded that I was going to need to do extra stuff to get up and going.  I just finished the install and I'm back where I need to be. Have fun!
Yes mate all you need to do is if it wants to restart  as it reeboots turn it off at BIOS screen if you get to the windows screen it will hang and you will have to do it all again its just a few ... See more...
Yes mate all you need to do is if it wants to restart  as it reeboots turn it off at BIOS screen if you get to the windows screen it will hang and you will have to do it all again its just a few steps .when you  are installed and booted up if you reeboot it will hang and that's why you install the 2 files otherwise when you want to reeboot you have to shut down in windows instead of restart  the files take care of this issue I've been running mine for couple of days and its stable so you should be OK
my fans seem ok they do seem a little more active than win 7 also with command centre take note of your version no as installing a early one can break the board that controls it im just going to ... See more...
my fans seem ok they do seem a little more active than win 7 also with command centre take note of your version no as installing a early one can break the board that controls it im just going to keep my eye on things it is sad we cant upgrade ive even considered swapping my motherboard as a last alternative
well i thought i would reply i am running win 10 no issues command centre works fine but i just done it  from windows upgrade keeping all my win 7 stuff  but still had to install the files by uni... See more...
well i thought i would reply i am running win 10 no issues command centre works fine but i just done it  from windows upgrade keeping all my win 7 stuff  but still had to install the files by uninstaling usb 3.0 driver to install the older version  as it said i had a newer version already
hi mate did you manage to get alienware controll centre working on win 10 preview if so what one did you use thanks 
thanks so much i fitted it today and it runs perfect i feel ive gave the old girl a nice bump up im a happy fellow
as the title says im currently running a i5 2300 and have been struggling for a while so i am getting a i7 2600k tomorrow as a upgrade when i install the cpu will i have any issues with the bios ... See more...
as the title says im currently running a i5 2300 and have been struggling for a while so i am getting a i7 2600k tomorrow as a upgrade when i install the cpu will i have any issues with the bios im on ver 06 do i need to perform any steps or will it just boot fine i also recently put a gtx 970 strix so my i5 sadly lets it down and  thanks ive always had great advice here 
hi mate i tried playing batman as yourself my cpu is a i5 2300  r3 desktop so i have got issues i upgraded my card a few weeks ago  to a gtx 970 strix so that will work fine in your rig as the bi... See more...
hi mate i tried playing batman as yourself my cpu is a i5 2300  r3 desktop so i have got issues i upgraded my card a few weeks ago  to a gtx 970 strix so that will work fine in your rig as the bios can be a bit weird with some cards .ive ordered a i7 2600k and will install that tomoz as the best cpu available is the one you have got i hope it helps someone else may be able to tell you other cards
bios ver 06 im on plus to me who isnt the most tech savvy person i was buzzing i managed it plus this is just to help the average joe like myself i just updated it works for win 10 aswell by foll... See more...
bios ver 06 im on plus to me who isnt the most tech savvy person i was buzzing i managed it plus this is just to help the average joe like myself i just updated it works for win 10 aswell by following gmagenheimer's  instruction  so thanks to him  also if it helps anyone i upgrade gpu to gtx 970 strix and works superb in win 10 and 7
good news well today i tried installing win 10  by  following gmagenheimer's  instruction  so we all should be able to accept the upgrade next month with a bit of ballche better than not being ab... See more...
good news well today i tried installing win 10  by  following gmagenheimer's  instruction  so we all should be able to accept the upgrade next month with a bit of ballche better than not being able to use dx12 
hi i have the virtual same setup as you and i just got a 970 strix in my r3 and it works perfect i hope this helps
its deffo a thread id like to keep going because most of us will want win 10 i love win 7 but the future is dx12 for a gamer like myself
i know its a old thread bu ive got a upgrade notification in my toolbar tday to claim a windows 10 upgrade will i need to go threw this messing to get that to run on my r3 ive just upgraded my gc... See more...
i know its a old thread bu ive got a upgrade notification in my toolbar tday to claim a windows 10 upgrade will i need to go threw this messing to get that to run on my r3 ive just upgraded my gcard to a gtx 970 strix will help off a fellow member and that worked no messing any replies i would be gratefull
i cant thanks you enough shes in my r3 purring away i played some games and the diference is awesome i got the same model as you with the funky owl im running a 4k display so on older games i can... See more...
i cant thanks you enough shes in my r3 purring away i played some games and the diference is awesome i got the same model as you with the funky owl im running a 4k display so on older games i can crank the settings  up to the max.. im going to try the whitcher 3 this eve cheers again martyn
martyn my cards out for delivery sorry to be a pain to install it going from a 660ti do i uninstall all drivers first i read they were the same driver if possible could give me a rundown if you g... See more...
martyn my cards out for delivery sorry to be a pain to install it going from a 660ti do i uninstall all drivers first i read they were the same driver if possible could give me a rundown if you get time and thanks for all the advice on the card ect i also payed same as you £290  delivered
martyn ive just bought the same as yours out of overclockers you didnt need to move anything to make it fit as it looks a massive card but i checked before my 660ti leaves a lot of room im buzzin... See more...
martyn ive just bought the same as yours out of overclockers you didnt need to move anything to make it fit as it looks a massive card but i checked before my 660ti leaves a lot of room im buzzing as i got the 2 games aswell
Thanks pal my CPU is below your i5 2300 but I read it was the BIOS was the issue with the newer card s I may go to the same as yours I got myself a 4k monitor so even medium settings your 970 may... See more...
Thanks pal my CPU is below your i5 2300 but I read it was the BIOS was the issue with the newer card s I may go to the same as yours I got myself a 4k monitor so even medium settings your 970 may well be the way to go could you post a link if you get time and I appreciate you replying
hi its a long time since i posted im running a gtx 660ti at the moment without any issues im itching to upgrade again could i put in a gtx 770 instead as im still on 06 version bios and theres no... See more...
hi its a long time since i posted im running a gtx 660ti at the moment without any issues im itching to upgrade again could i put in a gtx 770 instead as im still on 06 version bios and theres no support anymore i read im just looking for the best card and would appreciate the advice even another brand card  cheers guys 
snd sort of makes sense thanks bro
as the post says ive just upgraded my r3 desktop  graffics card from a gtx 460 to a gtx 660 ti so my question is if i had a problem with my pc as ive got 3yr next day in home cover it wouldnt eff... See more...
as the post says ive just upgraded my r3 desktop  graffics card from a gtx 460 to a gtx 660 ti so my question is if i had a problem with my pc as ive got 3yr next day in home cover it wouldnt effect it as i was going to sell my old card to cover some of the £250.00 ive just spent or will i be best keeping the other one to put back in if it needed repairs ect thanks