DELL-Sonylal P's Posts

DELL-Sonylal P's Posts

Hi, We can solve the problem by adding multiple policies. OMPC we don't have any restriction on number of policies. To solve the issue,   For weekdays (policy schedule page select the recurrence p... See more...
Hi, We can solve the problem by adding multiple policies. OMPC we don't have any restriction on number of policies. To solve the issue,   For weekdays (policy schedule page select the recurrence pattern) we can create single dynamic or static policy for both racks. Make sure both racks comes under single group and create the policy for this group For weekends (Select Saturday and Sunday in recurrence pattern ) we have to create a policy with 4800W for rack1 and 200W for rack2.  If your usage of power is at the border line of the limit (Maximum power draw allowed) then the recommendation is to use static policy rather than dynamic policy. Static policy will make sure we will never cross the limit.   Regards, Sony
Hi, The maximum poll interval you can specify for device poll is 10 minutes. From the screenshot we are unable to get the exact root cause. If you can create a support ticket it will be convenient f... See more...
Hi, The maximum poll interval you can specify for device poll is 10 minutes. From the screenshot we are unable to get the exact root cause. If you can create a support ticket it will be convenient for us to analyze the log file.   Regards, Sonylal
Hi, Thanks for using OMPC. Every poll interval (specified in the settings page) OMPC will try to communicate with the managed node. The below mentioned alert usually generated when the Power Center ... See more...
Hi, Thanks for using OMPC. Every poll interval (specified in the settings page) OMPC will try to communicate with the managed node. The below mentioned alert usually generated when the Power Center failed to contact the managed node. You may ignore this error as in the next poll cycle OMPC will try to restore the communication. Still you wanted to investigate this issue please make sure your network in good shape and contact Dell support.    Thanks, Sonylal
Hi Peter, Thanks for the details. I appreciate your suggestions and feedback. Could you drop a mail to Lori_Matthews@Dell.com to know about the possibility? Regards, Sony
Hi Peter, Using RestAPI rawdata report you can get 1 hr power values (Min, Avg,Max). For more details please refer the latest RESTAPI guide. en.community.dell.com/.../20444217 Can I know t... See more...
Hi Peter, Using RestAPI rawdata report you can get 1 hr power values (Min, Avg,Max). For more details please refer the latest RESTAPI guide. en.community.dell.com/.../20444217 Can I know the specific requirement behind the 15 minute ask? Regards, Sony
Hi, Thanks for using OpenManage Power Center. If I understood the question correctly you were able to discover the M1000e however the nodes/blades are showing disconnected. To solve this issue pl... See more...
Hi, Thanks for using OpenManage Power Center. If I understood the question correctly you were able to discover the M1000e however the nodes/blades are showing disconnected. To solve this issue please run an IPMI discovery with blades IP address. Hope I answer your question correctly. Please let me know the result. Thanks, Sonylal
Hi Shail, This forum is dedicated to Dell Enterprise Server Power and cooling. Please post your question on client (Desktop, laptop, Mobile) forum. Regards, Sonylal
Hi, Thanks for using OpenMange Power Center. Please drop a mail to Lori_Matthews@Dell.com for trial license. However most of the OMPC features are free of cost. These license are needed only if y... See more...
Hi, Thanks for using OpenMange Power Center. Please drop a mail to Lori_Matthews@Dell.com for trial license. However most of the OMPC features are free of cost. These license are needed only if you are going to try Dell 13th Generation server power capping (12th Generation server power capping is free) or Non Dell servers (have a look at the user guide for specific models) power monitoring. Regards, Sonylal
Hi, We have a perfect software solution for your need called OpenManage Power Center. To know more please visit www.delltechcenter.com/powercenter. Some of the key features as follows Real t... See more...
Hi, We have a perfect software solution for your need called OpenManage Power Center. To know more please visit www.delltechcenter.com/powercenter. Some of the key features as follows Real time Power and Temperature Monitoring for Dell servers and Chassis Datacenter logical/custom grouping OMPC captures up to 1 year Power and Temperature history which will enable you to analyze the power/temp trend in your datacenter. Restrict the Power usage as per the Power cap provided by user (In your case you can set a power cap of 5700W per rack and OMPC will make sure your power consumption never exceed the cap ) Minimize the stranded power in your datacenter Maximize the rack density PDU and UPS support (We support APC AP8853 ) Dell OpenManage Power Center is free to download, install and use software. Regards, Sonylal
If you discovered only CMC, the blades will be shown as disconnected. Please make sure you have discovered the blades using correct IPMI  credentials. Thanks, Sonylal
Hi, If you want to monitor the power reading individually from the blades as well as from CMC, please follow the below steps. 1. Discover the chassis using WSMAN protocol 2. Discover the indivi... See more...
Hi, If you want to monitor the power reading individually from the blades as well as from CMC, please follow the below steps. 1. Discover the chassis using WSMAN protocol 2. Discover the individual blades using IPMI protocol You may add both steps in same discovery task. Regards, Sonylal
Hi, This issue fixed in iDRAC 1.99 firmware. You can download it from http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=0F12K Regards, Sony
Hi, Thanks for choosing OpenManage Power Center. At present OMPC read inlet temperature from server and chassis device only. As you know that the sensors in PDU can come with lengthy cable which ... See more...
Hi, Thanks for choosing OpenManage Power Center. At present OMPC read inlet temperature from server and chassis device only. As you know that the sensors in PDU can come with lengthy cable which can be placed on a convenient location. Then the word "Inlet" will be meaningless. However we will consider your suggestions . Regards, Sony
Hi, Can I know the rational behind to collect the data in less than a minute period? If you are interested only about "a server" data you can try using IPMI or WSMAN commands available in iDRAC.   ... See more...
Hi, Can I know the rational behind to collect the data in less than a minute period? If you are interested only about "a server" data you can try using IPMI or WSMAN commands available in iDRAC.   OMPC support up to 4000 devices data for an year. You can imagine how much data will be collected if the polling interval is too small. Regards, Sony
Hi Clayton, At Dell we recommended customers to update their environment to latest firmware. OMPC does not have specific firmware dependency unless its specified in documentation. You may download ... See more...
Hi Clayton, At Dell we recommended customers to update their environment to latest firmware. OMPC does not have specific firmware dependency unless its specified in documentation. You may download the latest firmware for your environment from support.dell.com Thanks, Sony
Hi Chris, First, I apologize for the problems you are experiencing. I would request you to create a support ticket with Dell. This will enable us to access the log file and find the exact root ca... See more...
Hi Chris, First, I apologize for the problems you are experiencing. I would request you to create a support ticket with Dell. This will enable us to access the log file and find the exact root cause. Regards
@Ullink System Prod Unlike OME, OMPC use only IPMI protocol to communicate to Dell servers. Please make sure in iDRAC IPMI over LAN is enabled and the credentials you have provided at OMPC protocol... See more...
@Ullink System Prod Unlike OME, OMPC use only IPMI protocol to communicate to Dell servers. Please make sure in iDRAC IPMI over LAN is enabled and the credentials you have provided at OMPC protocol section also correct. Thanks,
You can find the OMPC 3.0 port related information in Dell OpenManage Port Information Guide table 11 and 12. Thanks,  
Hi Andres, Thanks for the question. Presently OMPC does not record the Dell PDU humidity censor. As the Database is internal to the product we will not recommend user to access it directly. How... See more...
Hi Andres, Thanks for the question. Presently OMPC does not record the Dell PDU humidity censor. As the Database is internal to the product we will not recommend user to access it directly. However the new REST APIs may achieve the goal you are seeking. You can create personalized reports using the REST API. For more information please refer to the user guide and OMPC REST API guide Thanks, Sony
Hi John, Just to troubleshoot, Can you add a single server (instead of range select Single Device ) and use the same protocol? (Please make sure the IPMI over LAN is enabled in iDRAC) You may try... See more...
Hi John, Just to troubleshoot, Can you add a single server (instead of range select Single Device ) and use the same protocol? (Please make sure the IPMI over LAN is enabled in iDRAC) You may try with Dell troubleshooting tool as well. Still problem persist I suggest to open a trouble ticket with Dell support desk. Thanks,