DELL-Geoff P's Posts

DELL-Geoff P's Posts

You are probably on the right track: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon%20E5504%20-%20AT80602000801AA%20(BX80602E5504).html    
In the F2 bios, go to the Power performance tab.  Determines the power management settings for the system. Options are: Memory Power and Performance Management Maximum Performance 1333 Mhz ... See more...
In the F2 bios, go to the Power performance tab.  Determines the power management settings for the system. Options are: Memory Power and Performance Management Maximum Performance 1333 Mhz 1067 Mhz 800 Mhz Minimum Power You can only change this field if the Power performance is set to Custom. Regards,  
What memory mode are you in?  If its set to optimizer, change to Advanced ECC and then check the bios to see what it shows and advise if it stays the same. Regards,  
Hawkeye4077, The T20 supports the E3-12xxx  series of processors.   Check out the technical guide here: http://partnerdirect.dell.com/sites/channel/Documents/Dell-PowerEdge-T20-Server-Technical-Gui... See more...
Hawkeye4077, The T20 supports the E3-12xxx  series of processors.   Check out the technical guide here: http://partnerdirect.dell.com/sites/channel/Documents/Dell-PowerEdge-T20-Server-Technical-Guide.pdf    
Comparing apples to oranges.  The newer servers are more efficient, using less power and producing less heat, thus providing cost savings in the datacenter.  The figures used are as if they were th... See more...
Comparing apples to oranges.  The newer servers are more efficient, using less power and producing less heat, thus providing cost savings in the datacenter.  The figures used are as if they were the only server in the rack.  If you place more equipment  in the rack the numbers will go up.  Regards,
On your Latitude 6420, you can change the Service tag inside the F2 bios. Power up the laptop, enter the F2 bios. Drop down to the Maintenance tab, select Service tag.  Enter your information and... See more...
On your Latitude 6420, you can change the Service tag inside the F2 bios. Power up the laptop, enter the F2 bios. Drop down to the Maintenance tab, select Service tag.  Enter your information and save it. Regards,
Wolran, Here is what I found using the tools: PE 1950   BTU\watts per hour: 316.9  at 1.52 amps PE 2850 BTU\watts per hour: 524 at 2.52 amps PE T610 BTU\watts per hour: 184.3 at .3 amps Reg... See more...
Wolran, Here is what I found using the tools: PE 1950   BTU\watts per hour: 316.9  at 1.52 amps PE 2850 BTU\watts per hour: 524 at 2.52 amps PE T610 BTU\watts per hour: 184.3 at .3 amps Regards,  
Does this T100 have a RAID controller?  The RHEL 6.5 workstation disc may not have the drivers for this installation..   You will most likely need a server install disc.  Regards,  
One more consideration; does this server have the VRM's (voltage regulator modules)  for processors 3 and 4? K5331 VOLTAGE REGULATOR MODULE, 12V, 9.1, DELTA PRODUCTS (Cache VRM for C... See more...
One more consideration; does this server have the VRM's (voltage regulator modules)  for processors 3 and 4? K5331 VOLTAGE REGULATOR MODULE, 12V, 9.1, DELTA PRODUCTS (Cache VRM for CPU 3 and 4)
Marc2912, Do all 4 CPU's match exactly? This includes any stepping on the CPU's..    They have to match or they will not work together.    Also, make sure the bios is at its most current level, A06... See more...
Marc2912, Do all 4 CPU's match exactly? This includes any stepping on the CPU's..    They have to match or they will not work together.    Also, make sure the bios is at its most current level, A06.  http://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/BIOS_WIN_A06_R198165.EXE Regards,
Unfortunately, there isn't a single tool  for all of Dell's devices.   Here are the links to both tools: ESSA: Supported Products: Blade Servers: M1000e, C6000, C5000, M620, M420, M91... See more...
Unfortunately, there isn't a single tool  for all of Dell's devices.   Here are the links to both tools: ESSA: Supported Products: Blade Servers: M1000e, C6000, C5000, M620, M420, M915, M910, M710, M710HD, M610X, M610, C6220, C5220, C5125 Rack Servers: R820, R720, R720xd, R620, R520, R420, R320, R910, R815, R810, R715, R710, R610, R515, R510, R415, R410, R310, R210 II, C6145, C6145 1MB, C6105 4MB, C6105, C6100 4MB, C6100, C2100, C1100 Tower Servers: T620, T710, T610, T410, T310 Storage: MD3620i, MD3620F 24, MD3600i, MD3600F, MD3220i, MD3220, MD3200i, MD3200, MD1220, MD1200 Rack Enclosures: PE2420, PE4220, PE4820, PE4020S, PE4620S http://essa.us.dell.com/dellstaronline/Launch.aspx/ESSA?c=us&l=en&s=gen and for DCCP 3.04 web version: <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>     Regards,
WaringTim, If you are trying to expand the Data array to 3TB drives,  I would first backup your data,  replace both drives with your 3TB drives and create a new array on the larger drives.  Then re... See more...
WaringTim, If you are trying to expand the Data array to 3TB drives,  I would first backup your data,  replace both drives with your 3TB drives and create a new array on the larger drives.  Then restore your data on the larger array.   The problem with replacing one drive at a time is that the larger drives become 500gb drives as they rebuild and leaves you with unusable space.   Regards,  
Siltech1, In the F2 bios, Under Memory Operating Mode,  what option is enabled for the memory?  Optimized, Advanced ECC, Memory mirroring or Memory sparing?    If its set to mirror, only half will ... See more...
Siltech1, In the F2 bios, Under Memory Operating Mode,  what option is enabled for the memory?  Optimized, Advanced ECC, Memory mirroring or Memory sparing?    If its set to mirror, only half will be available to the OS. Check out page 59 of the manual: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_poweredge/poweredge-r710_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf Regards,    
Outtobrunch, Power down the server, pull the power cord and hold the power button in to drain the power off the server.  Put the cord back on, power up and enter the Ctrl E bios. Scroll down to the... See more...
Outtobrunch, Power down the server, pull the power cord and hold the power button in to drain the power off the server.  Put the cord back on, power up and enter the Ctrl E bios. Scroll down to the System Event Log Menu, and select to clear the SEL.   Once completed,  let the server continue to the boot cycle. Regards,
Andrew, Looks like you have eliminated 2 of the 3 pieces of hardware that may have failed by swapping with known good parts, the PSU and control panel.    You can take it down to the minimum to P... See more...
Andrew, Looks like you have eliminated 2 of the 3 pieces of hardware that may have failed by swapping with known good parts, the PSU and control panel.    You can take it down to the minimum to POST:  disconnect the hard drives, 1 DIMM, disconnect the optical drive and then try to power it up..   Most likely its the motherboard that has failed on this server. Regards,
Here is a Dell white paper on the subject that may shed some additional light for you: http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/business/solutions/whitepapers/en/Documents/hot-spare-whitepaper.pdf  
Moe.Ash, Per your request, here are the answers to your questions: 1. I want to add a new processor but I don't know if they should be exact the same processors to work together or they can... See more...
Moe.Ash, Per your request, here are the answers to your questions: 1. I want to add a new processor but I don't know if they should be exact the same processors to work together or they can be different.>>>>>>>>>> The processors have to match exactly if you use 2.  Stepping, model, etc.  2. If the answer above is yes can I add any of following: Intel Xeon E5462 SLANT 2.8GHz 12MB 1600MHz Quad-Core Processor-----No Intel Xeon E5620 Processor CPU SLBV4 2.4 Ghz 12M FCLGA1366---Yes Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Regards,  
Wsanders1, Your iDRAC6 express will need the Enterprise card to enable the functionality.  This process was changed in the iDRAC7, where you install the license to enable the funtionality.   There ... See more...
Wsanders1, Your iDRAC6 express will need the Enterprise card to enable the functionality.  This process was changed in the iDRAC7, where you install the license to enable the funtionality.   There is no logic on the Enterprise card, it only enables the functions when its installed. Regards,
You may need to use the A02 image found here: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER02061916M/1/VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.5.0-1331820.x86_64-Dell_Customized_A02.iso  Download this and give it a whirl.  ... See more...
You may need to use the A02 image found here: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER02061916M/1/VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.5.0-1331820.x86_64-Dell_Customized_A02.iso  Download this and give it a whirl.   Let us know if this one works.  The controller drivers are in the image. Regards,
Drabert, I have a few questions for clarification: Are you using ESXi 5.5 ?  Did you use Dell's image to install?   How did you set up the VSAN? Was the webclient used?  Thanks,