Kayakdude's Posts

Kayakdude's Posts

Hello, I was maybe I could get some help with an issue. I have an Alienware Area 51 X58. I have the Asus P6T Deluxe v2 motherboard. A while back I updated the bios to an Asus version. Well, then ... See more...
Hello, I was maybe I could get some help with an issue. I have an Alienware Area 51 X58. I have the Asus P6T Deluxe v2 motherboard. A while back I updated the bios to an Asus version. Well, then my alienfx stopped working... I have the Predator 2 case. It is not the command center software, and I am pretty sure it is not the hardware. I am a certified computer tech, and the hardware does show up in device manager as TUSB3410 Boot Device. I un-installed command center, went through all hidden files and deleted all the traces. Shut down the computer, removed the AlienFX card, which is ELC Active Card PC051102 Rev 05_1, started up the computer, and that device was gone from the device manager. I again shut down the pc, re-inserted the card, started up, device was back in device manager. I installed predator 2 model.exe, and then command center. Shut down the pc, removed the power cord, held the power button for about 20 seconds, re-plugged the power supply, powered on the computer, ran command center, still un-responsive, no lights, device showing in device manager, also the light on the AlienFX board itself are on. I can change my keyboard and mouse lights, just not the tower. Tower doesn't even detect. I think this is due to the bios not being the actual alienware bios. I have version 0707 from Asus. Can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction for the alienware bios... I bought this alienware as a "quality gift" to myself after my deployment to Iraq. It's a great computer with pretty awesome specs, I spent a few thousand on it. I probably should have built one for much cheaper and bought a Harley . But yeah, I just want this thing to work. If I can update the bios to an official Alienware (possible Dell/Alienware) for the P6T Deluxe v2 motherboard, it might work. MyHive on alienware website is down, and they say they dont know when its coming back, but people are working on it we know that that means.. May be a whiiiiile. I bought my computer september 21st, 2009. I have recieved very poor support as my computer purchase date falls after the normal "september 2009", but I do not have a dell service tag, and my desktop is not listed on the dell site. Alienware site and support even under warranty a while back were not very helpful, and unable to resolve my issue. I feel like that child, that neither parent really wants, waaaahhh! Anyways, any help would be appreciated.