Printster's Posts

Printster's Posts

Are you hosting your own exchange server or are you using a web hosted email? The error just reads a problem with the NIC? No mention to SMTP?
No, I would suggest plugging an ethernet cable into the printer and not using it direct attached to any box, then you no longer have any need for sharing.
Is it happening at a particular time or when something is happening?(printing, other devices powered on) It might have to do with it being in a surge protector or battery backup and it not getting su... See more...
Is it happening at a particular time or when something is happening?(printing, other devices powered on) It might have to do with it being in a surge protector or battery backup and it not getting sufficient power. Otherwise it sounds like one of the boards or the wiring has gone bad. If you have a background in electronics, you might try reseating the cables on the power boards and the controller card, but otherwise I would write it off as not worth repairing.
It isnt necessarily the "proper driver" so much as the type of driver. This is a PCL error so a different PCL driver or even a PS driver is a good choice for troubleshooting. In some rare cases it is... See more...
It isnt necessarily the "proper driver" so much as the type of driver. This is a PCL error so a different PCL driver or even a PS driver is a good choice for troubleshooting. In some rare cases it is a problem with the board on the unit.
No I cannot say that I have seen that specific error. That being said your firmware could use an update. What application are you using to scan? That might need an update as well. There have been mul... See more...
No I cannot say that I have seen that specific error. That being said your firmware could use an update. What application are you using to scan? That might need an update as well. There have been multiple versions of the scan manager that have been released and each has been more stable than the last.
Imaging life support. It is Dell's top tier of Imaging support agents.
No worries this stuff is fun for me! Enjoy your printer!
Did you have any luck with support or sales forwarding your case to ILS? If not you might try contacting Dell again through the Chat tech support and asking them directly. Since there are multiple do... See more...
Did you have any luck with support or sales forwarding your case to ILS? If not you might try contacting Dell again through the Chat tech support and asking them directly. Since there are multiple documents that reference the usb key and not one for sale ILS should be able to find a workable solution for you.
If it is not making it to the drum then you are likely looking to replace the registration assembly and registration chute. You might try and find a service manual through google to look at the repla... See more...
If it is not making it to the drum then you are likely looking to replace the registration assembly and registration chute. You might try and find a service manual through google to look at the replacement process. Dell will likely not be able to provide you the steps unless you are certified in their system.
Username: admin Password: blank, type nothing in that field and it should work
The first thing that you need is the IP address of the printer. This can be found  on a settings page or you can find it on the ports tab of the printer properties: Start -> Printers and Faxes, or ... See more...
The first thing that you need is the IP address of the printer. This can be found  on a settings page or you can find it on the ports tab of the printer properties: Start -> Printers and Faxes, or Start -> Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes Right-click the printer name, and left-click Properties Click the Ports tab, and widen the first column which displays IP address of the printers Most likely it will be 192.168.xxx.xxx. You will input that number in that format in an internet explorer address bar as if you were going to a website. That should pull up the web server of the printer. In the web server, click on printer settings on the left hand side and then click the printer maintenance tab. Click the non-dell toner sub link and turn it on with a check box. After that is applied then you can check to ensure that your copy setting is defaulted to Black in the printer settings tab under the copy defaults sub tab. If you have problems finding your IP address on the printer you may have to replace one more cartridge to get that information.
On the 3115 if only a few numbers do not work you can try changing the setting on the fax machine between PBX and PSTN. I find that works with some things like E-fax numbers.
Get back in touch with support. They are usually very understanding on these sort of things, depending on the age and page count of the unit in question. That being said there is a tool to unlock he ... See more...
Get back in touch with support. They are usually very understanding on these sort of things, depending on the age and page count of the unit in question. That being said there is a tool to unlock he printer from the please wait screen, but you may have to have a second tier technician assist with using it. I certainly would not reccommend swapping the system boards on the two units.   In response to Mary, Do not shy away from firmware updates, but I would certainly reccommend contacting support for best practices and more information about the fixes in the firmware. Sometimes it is best to follow the philosophy "If it ain't broke don't fix it" but sometimes you get cool new features like increased scanning speed etc...
It should print until the developer or toner resevoir is completely empty. If the printer thinks it is low on toner it will print, but if it believes it is empty, then it will not.
If you contact Dell's suppot they should have a unit handy to tell you how many presses to get to language selection and resolve your problem. The chat team has told me in the past they have a lab wi... See more...
If you contact Dell's suppot they should have a unit handy to tell you how many presses to get to language selection and resolve your problem. The chat team has told me in the past they have a lab with most of the units handy, not certain if they have a 305.
Because of the location that it is getting stuck, I would bet that the toner is not the cause, but the paper ype certainly could cause it. If it is a 100% recycled paper or perhaps a thick or thin ty... See more...
Because of the location that it is getting stuck, I would bet that the toner is not the cause, but the paper ype certainly could cause it. If it is a 100% recycled paper or perhaps a thick or thin type of paper you might look to try something more generic (20lb bond, 0-30% recycled). You might also check the settings on the paper tray to ensure it reflects the type you are printing. If it does turn out to be hardware then it may be time to retire your beloved unit.
Unfortunately there is not. The paper has to have a minimum height and width to feed properly: Minimum feed size is 76.2 x 127 mm (3.9 x 4.9 in.) If you do not meet that size then it will basical... See more...
Unfortunately there is not. The paper has to have a minimum height and width to feed properly: Minimum feed size is 76.2 x 127 mm (3.9 x 4.9 in.) If you do not meet that size then it will basically not be large enough to hand off from one set of rollers to the next and will get jammed because there is nothing to propel it through the unit.
No here is no real way to set it up without a home network. This printer did not retail with a wireless card and there is no optional accessory. To print "wirelessly" you would need a wireless print ... See more...
No here is no real way to set it up without a home network. This printer did not retail with a wireless card and there is no optional accessory. To print "wirelessly" you would need a wireless print server, which is basically a wireless device that sends information to the printer through a USB cable. Then you would have to setup an Ad-Hoc network to that device from a computer with a wireless card. This is needlessly complicated and probably worse than setting up a home network 🙂
From the users guide it seems like a font card is needed: USB font cards can be used to permanently store additional Fonts and forms. This card can be used to enable the printerto print barcodes an... See more...
From the users guide it seems like a font card is needed: USB font cards can be used to permanently store additional Fonts and forms. This card can be used to enable the printerto print barcodes and logos. Once the card is installed, the printer automatically detects the additional fonts in the card. Please contact Dell sales team in your region for the USB font card. That being said I do not see one available for sale. You may want to contact your sales team again to see if they are able to locate the device or you can have them send the request to the second tier support(ILS). They should be able to assist with he escape codes as well.
What is the problem the printer is having that this piece needs to be replaced for? Perhaps we can find a different way to resolve the issue. I am not sure if that is a swappable or if it is part of ... See more...
What is the problem the printer is having that this piece needs to be replaced for? Perhaps we can find a different way to resolve the issue. I am not sure if that is a swappable or if it is part of the base assembly of the printer.