ecsaldana's Posts

ecsaldana's Posts

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/4848.Untitled.png I have read this posting but think it does not apply I had to replace the cmos... See more...
http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/4848.Untitled.png I have read this posting but think it does not apply I had to replace the cmos battery which requires removing the keyboard I have done this before to other laptops to hard drives so it's no big deal to me to remove the keyboard The 'f2' isnt turning on the WiFi  on or off I have reinstalled / repaired software Diagnostics say it's working in properties Yet 'trouble shoot' still says 'wireless capability is turned off' I'm out of ideas
Turns out the battery I brought thru ebay was a Chinese knock off and the DELL laptop only recognizes DELL batteries just like their ink cartridges. Live and learn ....  
Please explain... I have given up on the touchpad mouse but am still frustrated by the keyboard
I just found out that if you are trying to use a 'knock off' or generic battery instead of a Dell battery, N5110 will notify you that it does not recognize the battery and will not charge, therefore ... See more...
I just found out that if you are trying to use a 'knock off' or generic battery instead of a Dell battery, N5110 will notify you that it does not recognize the battery and will not charge, therefore I am assuming that the N5010 has the same issue. I am researching if I can reconfig it in order to use a generic battery.
yes and even installed a new keyboard- has to be an operational problem, it stops responding as I type or 'stalls and then catches up'. There are times that I have to restart the computer. Also note ... See more...
yes and even installed a new keyboard- has to be an operational problem, it stops responding as I type or 'stalls and then catches up'. There are times that I have to restart the computer. Also note the touch pad stops responding as well but I never liked it and have begun using a wireless mouse.
Hello- the link you included does not open- therefore I was not able to view it. I purchased and installed a new keyboard on the chance that it was a connection problem or hard ware problem. I fo... See more...
Hello- the link you included does not open- therefore I was not able to view it. I purchased and installed a new keyboard on the chance that it was a connection problem or hard ware problem. I followed the steps you provided and I did get to set up like you described but am unsure what I am to do with it from there. I then Exited the setup and let it finish loading up and am able to right this reply to you. As I type, it stops for a couple of seconds but then 'catches up' and I can continue typing. It seems the two main problems is the keyboard stops responding and the touchpad mouse also stops responding  ( as an example - the touchpad is not responding right now and I have plugged in the wireless mouse) , but if I restart the system they begin to function again. I am not so concerned with the touchpad because I prefer using a wired or wireless mouse but the keyboard is a frustration. I cant keep restarting the computer every time it stops responding and its equally frustrating when it stops or slows as I as typing. Thanks - I eagerly await your response.
I replaced the hard drive on my N5110 and it has been functioning fine for a couple of weeks but... the keyboard has quit functioning, meaning I type but it does not respond, I need advise as to wher... See more...
I replaced the hard drive on my N5110 and it has been functioning fine for a couple of weeks but... the keyboard has quit functioning, meaning I type but it does not respond, I need advise as to where to start troubleshooting, thanks!
Thank you so much! I pretty much recovered alot of data using your suggestion Testdisk, the second part PhotoRec actually did the trick!
thanks for the reply... try it out how- if I select hard drive to scan - what kind of scan do I select? and how do I know its scanning the external hard drive and not my PC's hard drive?
Hello- I did , my N5110 laptop and Dell PC - nothing shows with the laptop but the PC showed a J drive, but it wanted me to format it - I got scared because it said if I formatted it it would erase t... See more...
Hello- I did , my N5110 laptop and Dell PC - nothing shows with the laptop but the PC showed a J drive, but it wanted me to format it - I got scared because it said if I formatted it it would erase the disc... and I dont know what that means...
Hello- I have purchased an external hard drive enclosure to recover my pictures from my old hard drive, I read that you can recover pictures and documents this way - I have installed the hard drive... See more...
Hello- I have purchased an external hard drive enclosure to recover my pictures from my old hard drive, I read that you can recover pictures and documents this way - I have installed the hard drive into the case (it is supposed to have plug and play) and I have plugged the USB in - the case lights up and the hard drive 'vibrates' like it is running but I cannot see it in the computer drives. Can anyone advise me?
Hello- I have purchased an external hard drive enclosure to recover my pictures from my old hard drive, I read that you can recover pictures and documents this way - I have installed the hard drive... See more...
Hello- I have purchased an external hard drive enclosure to recover my pictures from my old hard drive, I read that you can recover pictures and documents this way - I have installed the hard drive into the case (it is supposed to have plug and play) and I have plugged the USB in - the case lights up and the hard drive 'vibrates' like it is running but I cannot see it in the computer drives. Can you advise me?
thanks! you got me thinking about the connection - so I took it all apart and the connection had somehow disconnected from the clip - reconnected it and now it works! I really appreciate you walking ... See more...
thanks! you got me thinking about the connection - so I took it all apart and the connection had somehow disconnected from the clip - reconnected it and now it works! I really appreciate you walking me through this! I have a laptop that works! I had never attempted anything like this before and am so jazzed that I was able to repair my laptop with your guidence! thanks again!!!
OK.... here's what I know... my device manager says I have HID comp. mouse, I do not see the touchpad even though I have the driver for Synaptics loaded/installed. So... how do I remove the external ... See more...
OK.... here's what I know... my device manager says I have HID comp. mouse, I do not see the touchpad even though I have the driver for Synaptics loaded/installed. So... how do I remove the external mouse/pointer device setting to touchpad? also now that I am thinking back regarding the touchpad - I was having an issue with 'run way scroll'- does this mean that I should replace it?
Thanks! yea, another success... yes I was missing the adapter for WAN - downloaded it and it works! the touchpad - ugh! I'll keep trying...
wow- thanks... got somewhere to start!
I had to replace my hard drive in my N5010, I got Windows 7 reloaded and working but I cannot get my touchpad to work, I reloaded the driver from driver download suppport. I always had a problem with... See more...
I had to replace my hard drive in my N5010, I got Windows 7 reloaded and working but I cannot get my touchpad to work, I reloaded the driver from driver download suppport. I always had a problem with 'run away scroll'. -Elin
Thanks! I have a copy of Windows 7 for my PC and loaded that and it worked! But I cannot get the touchpad to work - I went to the driver download support and downloaded the driver and yet it still wo... See more...
Thanks! I have a copy of Windows 7 for my PC and loaded that and it worked! But I cannot get the touchpad to work - I went to the driver download support and downloaded the driver and yet it still wont work, am I missing something? also I am having an issue with the WAN wireless card, again not working. -Elin
Elijah- Yea!  that fixed it, the bottom stick appears to not have been connecting - now I get the screen "Reboot and select proper boot devise or insert boot media in selected boot devise"- I had t... See more...
Elijah- Yea!  that fixed it, the bottom stick appears to not have been connecting - now I get the screen "Reboot and select proper boot devise or insert boot media in selected boot devise"- I had told you that I was trying to back up and copy the OS files to my external hard drive but wasnt able to get it all copied ( got an error message and it closed it) as well as I did not get a disk with the laptop- please advise. I'm actually enjoying this, thanks!
Hello- sorry for taking so long to answer- there are two beepsand of the 3 lights- its the first light on the left that comes on. I had been having problems with N5010 stalling and freezing up- alt... See more...
Hello- sorry for taking so long to answer- there are two beepsand of the 3 lights- its the first light on the left that comes on. I had been having problems with N5010 stalling and freezing up- alt, ctrl, delete, nothing! tried to open the task monitor to see which program was not responding, nothing! had to do a cold shut down (hate doing that!) I read up on it and many of the blogs said that this was a symtom that the hard drive was going out and that the N5010 is 'known' to have hard drive issues, so got me an external hard drive to copy my files mostly got them copied but then I got an error message and it appears that I did not get all my OS copied or my pictures - it stopped the copy process - I then shut it down to restart it - came up ok and I went back online to read some more- again it stalled and froze for like 10 min so I did a cold shut down, waited a couple mins and turned it back on- BLACK screen! requesting to reboot or insert disks- since I did not get all the OS copied -no luck there and Dell did not send me a disk with operating system/drives. I ran a diagnostic and the only thing that came up was 'no hard drive found' - I called Dell support and they told me that they thought it was the hard drive too and it would cost me $179 to start plus $199 for the hard drive and reinstall the OS and drives because its out of warranty. I figured since I cant use it as is  that I would research installing a hard drive and see what I can do with it. I really appreciate you guidance, I really love to learn more about computers - repair and stuff. Thanks! -Elin