trottig's Posts

trottig's Posts

Have you ever resolved this? I have a similar issue and can't seem to be able to find the cause of this...
Hi Ron, thanks - you don't happen to know whether there is a compatible version planned? Thanks, Rgds
Under 2.6 now 2.5 Build 254 is available... not sure on ESX 6.7 support
Hi, I see there is a new entry for 2.6 available since May 17th but no download link and no documentation yet. Also I am wondering whether 2.5 is compatible with ESXi 6.7 already or whether... See more...
Hi, I see there is a new entry for 2.6 available since May 17th but no download link and no documentation yet. Also I am wondering whether 2.5 is compatible with ESXi 6.7 already or whether 2.6 will be or an even later version? Thanks, regards
Hey Melville, what solution did you end up with? I am looking at a similar setup (smaller scale) and would be interested what you decided on Thanks, regards
Have you tried with 2.0.14? Just saw it was finally available. Looks like you tried with 2.0.13. You checked compatibility with ESX/vCenter release?
Can you try on a box with vmware PowerCLI tools installed (or install them) ? I had lots of issues with the installation too and always got that error, but at some point it had successfully inst... See more...
Can you try on a box with vmware PowerCLI tools installed (or install them) ? I had lots of issues with the installation too and always got that error, but at some point it had successfully installed despite it. Unfortunately I didn't write down the various solutions i attempted.
Hi Mark, any new information available here? Thanks
Now thats disappointing ... and extremely bad documented. Nevertheless, thanks for your help
-No, only other user is admin - tried with and without domain -Yes Telnet same result (login not allowed) -Yes ping works -Dell switches from first link i provided (5224 and 3448 , both enabled... See more...
-No, only other user is admin - tried with and without domain -Yes Telnet same result (login not allowed) -Yes ping works -Dell switches from first link i provided (5224 and 3448 , both enabled with aaa commands), there it seems to work. But they had to configure the Radius profile appropriatly; that might me incorrect for the 2848 but I have no clue what would be required and can't find anything for it The only other Dell switch I could try would be an 2816, dont think that would make a difference
Correct
Hi, I used the gui first, its rather self explenatory after all. Just tried following guides as it didnt work out. Basically I went to Radius Settings, entered my Radius Server IP, left Priority ... See more...
Hi, I used the gui first, its rather self explenatory after all. Just tried following guides as it didnt work out. Basically I went to Radius Settings, entered my Radius Server IP, left Priority on 0, left port on 1812 and only added the Keystring i created on Windows Server 2012 - i entered the full length string but that was too long for the 128 chars limit, so I took the first 128 chars only on both sides. On the W2k12 server i followed the first URl linked before to setup the Radius server, I created a Radius client as described and both types of Network policies (different dell switches) I tried then looging on to the switch with my Domain Admin account (mydomain\Administrator or only Administrator) but only get the normal Access denied message. Is the username Administrator an issue? too long maybe? Or what other steps would I need to take? Is there any step needed to activate the usage of Radius? Thanks
Hi, I am trying to enable Radius authentication on an 2848 (to W2k12). I've tried following this guide - http://www.darylhunter.me/blog/2010/06/dell-powerconnect-radius-windows-server-2008-nps.ht... See more...
Hi, I am trying to enable Radius authentication on an 2848 (to W2k12). I've tried following this guide - http://www.darylhunter.me/blog/2010/06/dell-powerconnect-radius-windows-server-2008-nps.html or this older one http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pwcnt /en/3424_radius_auth_using_msserver.pdf. Both require configuration on the switch via telnet using the aaa command. Now as it seems the 2848 does not have that particular command. I have set up the switch to my best knowledge using the GUI (according to info from manual), but its not working. Is there a guide working for the 2800 series on how to configure this on Switch/Remote side? Thanks
Ok, as expected. Thanks a lot for your help:)
Ah ok, i see... well too bad, because a cx-4pdae-fd or KTN-STL4 which seems to be another name is fairly cheap to come by... Adding an storage processor will negate that cheap array factor. ... See more...
Ah ok, i see... well too bad, because a cx-4pdae-fd or KTN-STL4 which seems to be another name is fairly cheap to come by... Adding an storage processor will negate that cheap array factor. Thanks - and one final question - if i change the block size and use it in a regular pc/server will i ever be able to use those drives in an EMC again (by reformatting with 512b block size o/c)?
Thanks - and weird... The part number is correct  "EMC PN: 118032750" Edit - actually there are 2 part numbers - one on the disk itself and one on the drive caddy - the correct one is 00504927... See more...
Thanks - and weird... The part number is correct  "EMC PN: 118032750" Edit - actually there are 2 part numbers - one on the disk itself and one on the drive caddy - the correct one is 005049277... I've heard now from the seller those drives came from a cx-4pdae-fd... Is that an older or newer modell? And is that one i might use stand alone? - Yet again the search yields no results, sorry Edit2 - I've found the disk in https://community.emc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/613517-37338/All_CLARiiON_Disk_and_FLARE_OE_Matrices.pdf , listed for VNX platforms... weird it was used in that cx machine then? Thanks, Thomas
Anyone knows where to search via this partnumber? Standard search yields not many results....
Its 118032750.
Well that was one of my initial questions;) Which is the oldest array which will accept those drives ? Which limitations do these have? size? disk type?
Hm ok... As i said i thought i could ignore the switch for such a small environment and the HBAs are not that expensive (1/2gb ones at least), but if you say i need a switch and the storage ar... See more...
Hm ok... As i said i thought i could ignore the switch for such a small environment and the HBAs are not that expensive (1/2gb ones at least), but if you say i need a switch and the storage array and probably a storage processor than i suppose thats a little too much. I run an old IBM EXP400 directly attached to a SCSI controller and i thought something similar would be possible for FC SAN. Thx a lot for your help:)