RPV69's Posts

RPV69's Posts

Hi guys. I'm after some advice. I have a new Dell Ultrasharp U2412M display. It has some scratch marks on the AG coating. There are approx 8 of them, in a diagonal line of about 4 inches, about a thir... See more...
Hi guys. I'm after some advice. I have a new Dell Ultrasharp U2412M display. It has some scratch marks on the AG coating. There are approx 8 of them, in a diagonal line of about 4 inches, about a third of the way from the centre of the screen towards the left side. Each scratch is 1-2mm in length, like a knife nick. It's not noticable in normal use, but when the screen is turned off you can see them if you look. I'm thinking that I will live with it as I only paid £210 from Amazon UK, and it's a good display for the price. Just wondered what others thought. Richie
The situation described at the start of this thread is totally unacceptable. It has caused me so much grief that I have ditched Dell / Windows completely and moved to a Mac. Enough is enough.
Dell & Microsoft have lost me as a long-term customer over this. It's impossible to get the media in the UK. I've decided the issues discussed here are unacceptable, so I'm buying a Mac mini instead.
Download version 1.0.0.4 from the Dell website, uninstall version 1.0.0.2 which is pre-installed on the Dell machine, and then install version 1.0.0.4. This solves the problem, however Dell should no... See more...
Download version 1.0.0.4 from the Dell website, uninstall version 1.0.0.2 which is pre-installed on the Dell machine, and then install version 1.0.0.4. This solves the problem, however Dell should not be shipping machines with problems like this.
Version 1.0.0.2 says it is up-to-date, but if you go to the Dell website you can download 1.0.0.4. I guess you need to uninstall 1.0.0.2 and manually install 1.0.0.4.
Hi ejn63. Thanks for the reply, however this doesn't explain why I'm seeing the info highlighed in yellow. The system seems to think the original C: is missing, and the C: that's now there is differ... See more...
Hi ejn63. Thanks for the reply, however this doesn't explain why I'm seeing the info highlighed in yellow. The system seems to think the original C: is missing, and the C: that's now there is different. Plus the other partition (I forget the original name) now has this \\?\Volume... label. It's as if there's some kind of mismatch between the partition IDs and what the factory image expects to see. I'm wondering if there's a flaw in the Dell recovery process. Richie
Hi guys. I have an annoying problem with a Dell 15R-5521 Windows 8 laptop. I tried to do a factory image system recovery via the pre-installed "Dell Backup and Recovery" application. It indicated th... See more...
Hi guys. I have an annoying problem with a Dell 15R-5521 Windows 8 laptop. I tried to do a factory image system recovery via the pre-installed "Dell Backup and Recovery" application. It indicated that the machine would be restarted, however it simply booted back into Windows, as per a normal reboot. I tried this several times, with the same result each time. I had previously created recovery media on a 16GB USB flash drive, so booted it from this instead. I chose the "Factory Recovery - Deletes data & resets all partitions" option. The process completed successfully, and everything appeared to be fine, however when I looked at the System Protection tab I saw the following. Protection Settings Available Drives                   Protection OS (C:) (System)                   Off \\?\Volume{da47ae8b-20ce-4f8a-8 ... Off OC (C:) (Missing)                  On I've Googled but I can't find anything about this anywhere. Am I missing something? It seems to me that the recovery process mentioned has some issues, and should be avoided. Any ideas, information, or guidance would be appreciated on this, as it's extremely annoying. Richie
I am having this exact same problem with a brand new Dell 15R-5521. My DVD-R discs are Taiyo Yuden, made in Japan, which are generally known as the best in the world. I have never had a duff disk. So... See more...
I am having this exact same problem with a brand new Dell 15R-5521. My DVD-R discs are Taiyo Yuden, made in Japan, which are generally known as the best in the world. I have never had a duff disk. So there is clearly something wrong with the Dell Backup & Recovery application. Somewhat frustrating, and I have 20 years experience with PCs. Richie  
Hi guys. I'm hoping someone can help me with this one. The Dell website lists 36 drivers/downloads for the Inspiron N7110, but clearly not all of these are relevant for my particular model. For examp... See more...
Hi guys. I'm hoping someone can help me with this one. The Dell website lists 36 drivers/downloads for the Inspiron N7110, but clearly not all of these are relevant for my particular model. For example, I have an i3-2310M CPU so I know I don't need the Intel Turbo Boost Monitor Software. That's an easy one, but for some of them it's not at all clear. I'd like to update my drivers, but how do I know which ones I actually need out of the 36 listed? What happens if I try to install a driver that's not relevant? Will it fail to install, let me know it's not needed, or maybe even just install anyway? Any info on this would be appreciated. Don't want to mess up my machine. Richie