eakire's Posts

eakire's Posts

I guess I didn't realize it was an either/ or question.  I'm not sure, but I think I have the onboard graphics.  I guess I'm not sure how to tell either.  I know that I'm definitely far from a comput... See more...
I guess I didn't realize it was an either/ or question.  I'm not sure, but I think I have the onboard graphics.  I guess I'm not sure how to tell either.  I know that I'm definitely far from a computer whiz, but I guess I thought that was why you were supposed to post questions on here.
No.
The monitor doesn't turn on at all so I cannot see if there are any error messages.  The power button is steady blue.  I will try what you suggested.  Thanks.
As soon as I turn my Dell Inspirion 530s with Windows Vista Home on, it continuously has a series of 4 beeps.  The CD Rom does sound like it is running, but nothing comes up on the monitor.  I tried ... See more...
As soon as I turn my Dell Inspirion 530s with Windows Vista Home on, it continuously has a series of 4 beeps.  The CD Rom does sound like it is running, but nothing comes up on the monitor.  I tried to look up what to do on the troubleshooting area of the Dell website, but it didn't follow any of the beep codes listed.  It also talked about switches, but I don't know how to figure out what kind of switch I have.  The green light on the back is continously lit, and I couldn't find the A, B, C, and D lights on the back.  Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.