JKramer328's Posts

JKramer328's Posts

Evidently You DID NOT READ THE SENTENCE CAREFULLY.  "I DO NOT HAVE PAPER IN IT AT ALL" The Printer IS EMPTY! The error message says "PAPER JAM" Then pictures going thru the Printer opening up t... See more...
Evidently You DID NOT READ THE SENTENCE CAREFULLY.  "I DO NOT HAVE PAPER IN IT AT ALL" The Printer IS EMPTY! The error message says "PAPER JAM" Then pictures going thru the Printer opening up the top, sides and back and removing paper. I have done all of this... Same result... N O T H I N G !
I have the same exact problem on my printer. When I went to the documentation online and saw that I am missing a part. I have no "PAPER JAM COVER" on this printer.  My printer even when unplugged and... See more...
I have the same exact problem on my printer. When I went to the documentation online and saw that I am missing a part. I have no "PAPER JAM COVER" on this printer.  My printer even when unplugged and repowered comes up with same error. " PAPER JAM" .  When I called for Dell Customer Support I was told on 02/24/2014 @4:40PM that this printer is discontinued and parts are no longer available. For a printer that I bought NEW in January of 2013, I should of been told they were going to discontinue it! Makes me want to go to another computer brand for upgrading.
I knew this was going to happen sometime... Was running Windows XP Pro upgraded to Windows 7  Pro Full Installation Dell Latitude D620 Intel Core(TM)2 Duo Processor 3072 MB Memory   (533 MHz)... See more...
I knew this was going to happen sometime... Was running Windows XP Pro upgraded to Windows 7  Pro Full Installation Dell Latitude D620 Intel Core(TM)2 Duo Processor 3072 MB Memory   (533 MHz) Dual Memory Channel DDR2 SDRAM 500GB HDD Dell Battery Module (Dual Battery interchangeable with Dell CD/CD-RW Drive)  I cannot install the Windows 7 Pro (Brand new - never used) onto my Dell Latitude D620. Booting gives me the message "No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot. F2 for setup utility. Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics." F1 results in same identical message. F2 results in "Missing Operating System"  
  For the Dell guide start here and select your os.      This doesn't work. no longer available
For some reason I have two customer Numbers, even though Logging in under my User ID I get one Customer number with an upgraded Latitude D620 / Logging in under my order number through an email I get... See more...
For some reason I have two customer Numbers, even though Logging in under my User ID I get one Customer number with an upgraded Latitude D620 / Logging in under my order number through an email I get another Customer number entirely for a brand new Inspiron 15R Notebook. How can I combine these Customer Numbers into One Single Customer?.