Trishk123's Posts

Trishk123's Posts

Thanks, I'll check it out.  Shames Dell's service isn't as good as their computers.    
Hi, That link for requesting Back up Disc didn't work. Any other suggestions for us living in UK.    I've had no luck ringing them or talking to their support team to get the proper Windows that ca... See more...
Hi, That link for requesting Back up Disc didn't work. Any other suggestions for us living in UK.    I've had no luck ringing them or talking to their support team to get the proper Windows that came with my Dell or the Roxio Burn disc that should have come as well.    thanks Trish
Hi,   I had to be out when he was here sorting it out, but he said something about the partition wall being down as the Trojan just ripped through the system and the back up system. He had to r... See more...
Hi,   I had to be out when he was here sorting it out, but he said something about the partition wall being down as the Trojan just ripped through the system and the back up system. He had to ring a friend who works in computer shop to help him as he couldn't do it  either and took him several hours to get it running again. Apparently this Trojan is a really nasty one.   Trish
Hi, I had to get an aquaintance look at the forum and reinstall windows with my disc,  and it seems to be working OK.     Thank  you so much for your time , patience and help in the past few we... See more...
Hi, I had to get an aquaintance look at the forum and reinstall windows with my disc,  and it seems to be working OK.     Thank  you so much for your time , patience and help in the past few weeks.  Saved me a bunch of £££££   Trish
Yes, the disc came with the laptop.  I'll check out the forum. thanks
I didn't realize that I could reinstall windows to eliminate the problem, thought I had to get a new hard drive with new softwareBut I have tried to use the windows 7 reinstallation disc and it doesn... See more...
I didn't realize that I could reinstall windows to eliminate the problem, thought I had to get a new hard drive with new softwareBut I have tried to use the windows 7 reinstallation disc and it doesn't work.  Computer just keeps crashing and I still cant get it open in Safe Mode.   trish
Hi again, Do you think I should just go ahead and get a new internal hard drive.?    thanks Trish
Hi, It didn't work and now won't even start in Safe Mode.  The first screen says that set up is preparing my computer for first use and then crashes.  F12 does not give me an Open in Safe Mode op... See more...
Hi, It didn't work and now won't even start in Safe Mode.  The first screen says that set up is preparing my computer for first use and then crashes.  F12 does not give me an Open in Safe Mode option, just  to either repair or Open in normal mode. What are the chances my flash drive is infected?   thanks Trish
OK,  I will do that today.   I don't understand why restoring the system will eliminate the trojan and other infections when malware won't.? thanks trish
I didn't realize that a fix shouldn't have a week break, but  I was on job interviews and couldn't take it with me.  I have deleted the combi fix I downloaded last week and put the latest version o... See more...
I didn't realize that a fix shouldn't have a week break, but  I was on job interviews and couldn't take it with me.  I have deleted the combi fix I downloaded last week and put the latest version on the desktop.  I double click and the progress bar gets about 90% completed starts flashing and crashes. Right or wrong, I tried it twice and it did the same thing.  What next?? Trish
I didn't realize I had to do an update. Should I delete the combifix that is on the laptop or leave it and put the updated one on as well.?.   trish
Hi, I was able to uninstall Mcafee and have been trying to download Combifix.  When I send it to Desktop, from the flashdrive, it seems to work and then crashes.  Next time I am able to keep it o... See more...
Hi, I was able to uninstall Mcafee and have been trying to download Combifix.  When I send it to Desktop, from the flashdrive, it seems to work and then crashes.  Next time I am able to keep it open in safe mode, I double click on Icon and I get an error message and it crashes.  Twice I was able to keep it open in safe mode, when flash drive was still  in and it tried to download, but progress bar started flashing and it crashed. Is there any chance this problem (worm,virus?) be transfered to my flash drive?  I don't know what to do from here,   trish
I'm going in through control panel-add/uninstall programs, but control panel is freezing now.  When I go into task manager, it shows control panel not responding, but I  don't know how to access M... See more...
I'm going in through control panel-add/uninstall programs, but control panel is freezing now.  When I go into task manager, it shows control panel not responding, but I  don't know how to access Mcafee from task manager.  I'll tr y it from the start menu but I didn't see Mcafee icon there before it crashed.  I'll try it again and if I have success will let you know, if no sucess will be back with you after I return at end of week.   thanks trish
Hi, I finally got back into safe mode, which is taking longer and longer to do.  Mcafee was not responding, I control/alt/delete and it took me to task manager, which froze up and also said mcaf... See more...
Hi, I finally got back into safe mode, which is taking longer and longer to do.  Mcafee was not responding, I control/alt/delete and it took me to task manager, which froze up and also said mcafee not responding.  Crashed. Control Panel kept freezing up but finally got to Mcafee again, tried to uninstall again, but was told it's still running and wait before making any changes. And it keeps crashing. Trish  
Mcafee removal screen has been on for 30 minutes and the progress bar is stopped halfway through and has not gone forward for at least 15 minutes. It hasn't crashedsince it started. Leave it runni... See more...
Mcafee removal screen has been on for 30 minutes and the progress bar is stopped halfway through and has not gone forward for at least 15 minutes. It hasn't crashedsince it started. Leave it running?? trish
Hi,   I'm in the process of trying to disable Mcafee per your instructions but it keeps crashing.  Once I got an error messge Bad Pool Caller.  Now I am getting a request to do System Restore ... See more...
Hi,   I'm in the process of trying to disable Mcafee per your instructions but it keeps crashing.  Once I got an error messge Bad Pool Caller.  Now I am getting a request to do System Restore and the computer is running Start Up Repair. It is doing this on it's own-not from anything I have done. My gut instinct says I should stop the Start Up Repair and say no to the system Restore.   trish
Hi, I have been trying for days to reply  to your last message but all I was getting was "runtime error on system '/' application".  Not sure why all of sudden I am able to respond.  Also, I am a... See more...
Hi, I have been trying for days to reply  to your last message but all I was getting was "runtime error on system '/' application".  Not sure why all of sudden I am able to respond.  Also, I am away on Saturday for a week, so if I hear from you in time to follow your next instructions and do them I will and let you know.   I have printed your last message, 10 pages of Combi fix from Bleepingcomputer.com, and instructions on shutting down Macafee. Two questions:  When I download combifix should I download it straight to the flash drive or the desktop of the non infected computer I am using and then transfer it to the Dell.  The Dell does crash while it is open in Safe Mode and it takes me several times of trying to open it in Safe Mode, so what do I do if I'm in the middle of doing one of Combi fix's instructions and it crashes?    thanks Trish
Hi,   Ok, but as I need to print all this and printer out of ink, I've decided to spring for the expensive epsom ink cartridge and will do all that tomorrow.  I'll be in touch after I've done y... See more...
Hi,   Ok, but as I need to print all this and printer out of ink, I've decided to spring for the expensive epsom ink cartridge and will do all that tomorrow.  I'll be in touch after I've done your new instructions.  thanks Trish
Hi, I was able to check the Proxy server on Explorer and it was NOT ticked.  I didn't go into Mozilla.  I put Rkill on  a flash drive and transfered it to the Dell desktop.  I right clicked (I ah... See more...
Hi, I was able to check the Proxy server on Explorer and it was NOT ticked.  I didn't go into Mozilla.  I put Rkill on  a flash drive and transfered it to the Dell desktop.  I right clicked (I ahve windows 7) and ran as administrator.  After about 15 sec, it crashed again.   a black screen you mentioned never came up.  It does take 3-4 attempts to get the Dell to stay open in Safe Mode.  I haven't done anything else pending further instructions. trish  
Hi again, I use Mozilla not Internet Explorer, so is that OK or should I use Explorer as you refer to in your instructions. trish