draco99's Posts

draco99's Posts

Thanks folks.  I guess I'll just wait for a T7400 case to show up.  Maybe I'll try to make the side as suggested.  For containing noise, both acoustic and electronic, having a closed case would seem ... See more...
Thanks folks.  I guess I'll just wait for a T7400 case to show up.  Maybe I'll try to make the side as suggested.  For containing noise, both acoustic and electronic, having a closed case would seem to be a good idea.  Thank you both for your ideas.
Hi Ron, Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have searched via google and found a thread here (September of 2015) where the person wanted to place a T7500 mobo in a T7400 and was dissuaded because of fan... See more...
Hi Ron, Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have searched via google and found a thread here (September of 2015) where the person wanted to place a T7500 mobo in a T7400 and was dissuaded because of fans and other things. My experience with the Matrix Smith mini towers suggests that the bare metal foundation is identical, that the wires, cables, plastic and so on are the only difference, allowing you to take a metal case for an Optiplex gx620 and transplant an Optiplex 780 into tit. I'm having a deuce of a time finding a T7400 case -- probably too old.  T7500 cases are available, hence the question.  The Precision 690, T7400 and T7500 are exactly the same size, presumably the same case.  If I could take the sides off and transplant them, that would work. Richard
In September of 2015 it was pointed out that a t7500 would not fit in a t7400 case.  What about the opposite direction?  I have a T7400 with no sides and want to move the entire contents into a T7500... See more...
In September of 2015 it was pointed out that a t7500 would not fit in a t7400 case.  What about the opposite direction?  I have a T7400 with no sides and want to move the entire contents into a T7500 case after gutting it, of course.  Does this sound possible?
I had a problem like this.  In addition to changing items in Power Management (control panel), I had to adjust a parameter in the BIOS.  Now it doesn't sleep the same way, but in wakens normally
It sounds like it doesn't recognize the video card (or builtin video adapter).
You may need to clean the contacts on the video card and/or the mobo.
Sometimes this mobo (it's in the Vostro 200, 400 and the Inspiron 530, 530s) needs to have the following procedure performed: unplug the power cord; press and hold the power button for 30 seconds; pl... See more...
Sometimes this mobo (it's in the Vostro 200, 400 and the Inspiron 530, 530s) needs to have the following procedure performed: unplug the power cord; press and hold the power button for 30 seconds; plug in the power cord; try to boot again. Otherwise, Chris has the right approach.
Make sure sure the four pin connector is plugged into the mobo if the mono has one. This has worked on other Dell computers and may work for you: use the original PSU; unplug the power cord; press ... See more...
Make sure sure the four pin connector is plugged into the mobo if the mono has one. This has worked on other Dell computers and may work for you: use the original PSU; unplug the power cord; press and hold the start button; plug in the power cord and see if it works.
In my experience, this is a graphics card problem.  Try using the one on the mobo.  You may need to load a new driver (Windows 7 ought to do this for you).  Sometimes the connectors on the video card... See more...
In my experience, this is a graphics card problem.  Try using the one on the mobo.  You may need to load a new driver (Windows 7 ought to do this for you).  Sometimes the connectors on the video card make poor contact because of dust.  I clean the connectors (gently) using an eraser.  Good luck.
Please describe exactly what you tried.  I note that Windows7 comes on DVDs not CDs.  Perhaps your system has not DVD drive.  Are you trying to upgrade  or so called Custom install (which is really a... See more...
Please describe exactly what you tried.  I note that Windows7 comes on DVDs not CDs.  Perhaps your system has not DVD drive.  Are you trying to upgrade  or so called Custom install (which is really a clean install)?
I have two Inspirong 530s machines which use the same mobo and had the shutdown problem.  this began when I installed Windows 7.  This happened when the systems were in sleep mode.  I had to prevent ... See more...
I have two Inspirong 530s machines which use the same mobo and had the shutdown problem.  this began when I installed Windows 7.  This happened when the systems were in sleep mode.  I had to prevent sleep mode in one and change the wake up on keyboard and mouse.  Also, on one of them I had to change a BIOS setting so it doesn't truly sleep anymore.  If you need more details, I may be able to dig up the BIOS change and the changes to the sleep behavior.  Both have been running for weeks without issue.
Try the following: unplug the 530; press and hold the start button; plug in the system and try starting the system normally again.  This has worked for me more than once. Also try removing memory c... See more...
Try the following: unplug the 530; press and hold the start button; plug in the system and try starting the system normally again.  This has worked for me more than once. Also try removing memory cards because one may be causing this.
Thanks Bev. Actually, I'm refurbing a Vostro 200 (SFF).  i replaced the G33M02, the power supply, and wish to ensure that my e5700 works.  I expect I'll need to upgrade the BIOS -- I just don't kno... See more...
Thanks Bev. Actually, I'm refurbing a Vostro 200 (SFF).  i replaced the G33M02, the power supply, and wish to ensure that my e5700 works.  I expect I'll need to upgrade the BIOS -- I just don't know which BIOS to use.  I think I'll compare them and see if they match (even though the version numbers do not). Richard
So if I replace the mobo in a Vostro 200 (G33M02) how do I know whether I got an Inspiron 530 mobo or a Vostro 200 mobo and which BIOS upgrade would be recommended?  And which set of CPUs would be su... See more...
So if I replace the mobo in a Vostro 200 (G33M02) how do I know whether I got an Inspiron 530 mobo or a Vostro 200 mobo and which BIOS upgrade would be recommended?  And which set of CPUs would be supported? The original Vostro mobo did the 10 seconds boot, 10 seconds shut down, repeat, dance... draco99