Leizar's Posts

Leizar's Posts

I can't find the option in the general settings to select the integrated graphics. And BIOS doesn't detect any integrated graphics at all, and its been like that since I bought the system. Wh... See more...
I can't find the option in the general settings to select the integrated graphics. And BIOS doesn't detect any integrated graphics at all, and its been like that since I bought the system. What I did though was to disable the graphics card and let the system up for hours, used it and the "black screen" didn't occur. (been using the system for days now with the graphics card disabled just to test things out and there's really no "black screening" so far)
Nope. It's either the sound will loop or it will just stop. I tried to plug in an external monitor to test that scenario too and same thing happened to it -- they both went black.
Usually the temps ranges from 54-58 C when running games. And yes I already cleaned the GPU. I tried disabling it and ran the system, and the black screen didn't occur. So is it possible th... See more...
Usually the temps ranges from 54-58 C when running games. And yes I already cleaned the GPU. I tried disabling it and ran the system, and the black screen didn't occur. So is it possible that my GPU is already dead?
Hi all,             Lately, I have been experiencing black screen lockouts on my M17X R3. At first, it only happened when I play games, but now its getting worse, even after the window... See more...
Hi all,             Lately, I have been experiencing black screen lockouts on my M17X R3. At first, it only happened when I play games, but now its getting worse, even after the windows log in screen, the screen will go black sometimes. Now I can't use the laptop to play games because the screen will go black in 3-10mins after I load the game. And I couldn't do anything but to do a force shut down by holding the power button because there's no response from the input when it happens.           What I did to isolate problem so far: - tried to connect an external monitor to test if both monitors will go black -- both monitors went black screen. - ran AlienAutopsy for check up -- everything is fine. - ran windows memory check -- no memory problems. - reinstalled video card driver (fresh) using both the driver from nVidia site and Alienware site -- same problem occurred. - and lastly, used Alienware Respawn to do a Full System Restore (factory state) -- problem is still there. Now I'm not sure what to do next but to ask for help. Thanks in advance!                   laptop specs: BIOS version A10 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Intel Core i7-2860QM @ 2.50GHz 16G System Memory NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M
It actually worked! Now I don't have to turn my system off before I can start charging the battery! Thanks Jonathan!
I did wait for the LED indicator (of the adapter) to light up before I plug it in to the laptop but its not charging. And the LED indicator will start to blink once plugged in. Plugging... See more...
I did wait for the LED indicator (of the adapter) to light up before I plug it in to the laptop but its not charging. And the LED indicator will start to blink once plugged in. Plugging it in while the laptop is off will charge the battery though. Any workaround on this issue? Thanks!