Tiggerrr's Posts

Tiggerrr's Posts

Hi, I want to upgrade the memory of a PowerEdge R-410 that was bought with a single Xeon E5645 and 3 x 8 GB dual-rank RDIMM 1333MHz. The system has five free memory slots.  I want to know if I can ... See more...
Hi, I want to upgrade the memory of a PowerEdge R-410 that was bought with a single Xeon E5645 and 3 x 8 GB dual-rank RDIMM 1333MHz. The system has five free memory slots.  I want to know if I can add a single 8 GB dual-rank RDIMM 1333MHz, to bring total memory to 32GB, and if so, what is the proper configuration. Thanks in advance, Terry
I had the same issue on my Inspiron 1420.  I still do not have  the built-in jack working, but I found a really simple solution - I purchased a $4.57 USB headset adapter from Overstock.com.  I plugge... See more...
I had the same issue on my Inspiron 1420.  I still do not have  the built-in jack working, but I found a really simple solution - I purchased a $4.57 USB headset adapter from Overstock.com.  I plugged it in and it just worked!  I can make Skype calls again :emotion-2:. Link to the Adapter: http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/USB-to-Headset-Microphone-PC-Sound-Card-Adapter/2507197/product.html?sec_iid=40420 Hope this helps! Terry
I have the same issue with an Inspiron 1420 that uses the same SigmaTel driver.  I went to get the latest version of the driver but it appears the R171786.exe file is no longer on the FTP site.  Can ... See more...
I have the same issue with an Inspiron 1420 that uses the same SigmaTel driver.  I went to get the latest version of the driver but it appears the R171786.exe file is no longer on the FTP site.  Can someone tell me an alternate location (or send me the file independently)? I tried following the instructions using the Vista(SP1) compatibility mode with my previous driver (R167846.exe) file's extracted Setup.exe, but that seems to have no effect.  I still have no external microphone. Thanks, Terry