schneeball's Posts

schneeball's Posts

having the same issue with the alienware 17 r3 will let you know when I have solved this and give advice
number I called, 0800 028 2660 ( free Phone ) option 5, explain situation then they will put you through to senior customer services, tell them you want a amplifier as the card supplied is not fi... See more...
number I called, 0800 028 2660 ( free Phone ) option 5, explain situation then they will put you through to senior customer services, tell them you want a amplifier as the card supplied is not fit for purpose. also heres the ladys email I dealt with uk_csmb_cc_post@dell.com, woman's name is Sravanthi C S hope this helps
I hear you man, I was fuming when I checked mine! the only reason I checked is because I seen all these topics on here, low and behold I had a 4GB! but hey still games well I was playing dying li... See more...
I hear you man, I was fuming when I checked mine! the only reason I checked is because I seen all these topics on here, low and behold I had a 4GB! but hey still games well I was playing dying light maxed out today with a solid 60fps. but my advice is call them! tell them you don't want the £120 refund ! you want a amplifier to compensate you! or a full refund as the machine supplied is incorrect, they express posted mine and I received today. just be cool, polite and I am sure they will offer you the same deal as me. if you get stuck give me a shout and I will send you the details of the lady I spoke with.
Hi, I wrote this in another post on here "all, I received my AW 17 with the same issue, but I contacted dell support and they offered me a £120 refund which I refused, I asked could  I rece... See more...
Hi, I wrote this in another post on here "all, I received my AW 17 with the same issue, but I contacted dell support and they offered me a £120 refund which I refused, I asked could  I receive a alienware amplifier instead they agreed and it will be with me today :) according to support there is a issue with the builds and they couldn't get me a date when they will be receiving any 8GB cards in. so customer services will offer you one of two things, full refund or compensation of £120! I would do what I did and request a amplifier !! best of both worlds then ! desktop power and mobile power, the 980m 4GB is still a very powerful card. all the best"
all, I received my AW 17 with the same issue, but I contacted dell support and they offered me a £120 refund which I refused, I asked could  I receive a alienware amplifier instead they agreed ... See more...
all, I received my AW 17 with the same issue, but I contacted dell support and they offered me a £120 refund which I refused, I asked could  I receive a alienware amplifier instead they agreed and it will be with me today :) according to support there is a issue with the builds and they couldn't get me a date when they will be receiving any 8GB cards in. so customer services will offer you one of two things, full refund or compensation of £120! I would do what I did and request a amplifier !! best of both worlds then ! desktop power and mobile power, the 980m 4GB is still a very powerful card. all the best
Hi, just received mine today also ! only a 4GB too ?? said 8gb on the sale ? have you heard anything else from Alienware regarding this ?
noise levels are no different from stock 980s! as for temps i always run the PCI fan @ 50% yes ok little of extra noise but no big deal when gaming, i also think the spacing between the cards h... See more...
noise levels are no different from stock 980s! as for temps i always run the PCI fan @ 50% yes ok little of extra noise but no big deal when gaming, i also think the spacing between the cards helps alot. i am running ASUS 980Ti reference design cards. will up load some pics shortly but cards dont show alot as they look like just normal 980s. As for Titan X's i just couldnt get them to work ( even with new bios / would work as a single card thou ) so i SLI'd them in my WC rig using a Rampage Extreme V
Hi, i am running 3 way SLI with 980ti's no issues at all! temps just slightly above 70c when fully loaded. Hope this helps Snowy.
any takers ?
i am running 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC in SLI in my Aurora R4, superb config highly recommended! be warned though temps hit low 80's
replacing a PSU is fairly simple X58 most PSU's will come with all the connections you need on your AW system, you just gotta remember where they all go :) but you just gotta get the sizing right... See more...
replacing a PSU is fairly simple X58 most PSU's will come with all the connections you need on your AW system, you just gotta remember where they all go :) but you just gotta get the sizing right when replacing it as space is pretty limited in these systems.
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice really as i want to upgrade my R4 a little more... 1st memory What's the best Ram i can buy for this system as i tried some Corsair dominator 2400... See more...
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice really as i want to upgrade my R4 a little more... 1st memory What's the best Ram i can buy for this system as i tried some Corsair dominator 2400mhz and it wouldn't boot?! 2nd Cooling thoughts on upgrading the CPU cooler ? maybe H80i ? any better than stock one ? 3rd Graphics card cooling, Coming from a watercooled setup seeing my 2 GTX Titans hitting 82 degrees is scary, now i have looked at the internals of the case and i gotta say the wiring setup is awful so maybe thats a starting point ? extra internal fans ? where to place i haven't a clue as there is no space for placement ? and finally has anyone here tried watercooling the GFX in the R4 before ? if so please advise lol  4th Soundcard, looking for a good external with THX and dolby any recommendations ?  Now alot of my friends say get shot of my R4 and build a system but i just cant love my Alienware gear and the R4 case! but i feel i am limited to what i can with the system, So hopefully some of you guys can help me out here? Cheers Lee
i wouldnt imagine that it would work both at the same time , as the audio will be directed from the xbox 360 . maybe you could switch on notifications ?
shouldnt have any issues then , they are very powerful cards !! might have to lower AA etc ! but you should be good too go !
what graphic cards you got in you m18x ? what resolution you gonna be using ?  and really depends on games and the settings you use
Do you just know you should of listened to the wife ! "dont get another laptop get the desktop" Well i should of ! cause now i am selling my R2 on eBay and want a R4 !! with 3960x in it lol ... See more...
Do you just know you should of listened to the wife ! "dont get another laptop get the desktop" Well i should of ! cause now i am selling my R2 on eBay and want a R4 !! with 3960x in it lol Any ideas guys what the best spec to go for ? Games BF3 , MW3 etc  how good are the ALX base units ? is it the old ones that have alot of the issues i see here on the forum ? So many questions about the Desktops as i have never owned one just lots of AW laptops !!  Thanks
oh right sorry my bad i thought you had a replacement , it must be the way you wrote it out . sorry about that. unsure on the manufacturing that nvidia is far superior , i would say the driver ... See more...
oh right sorry my bad i thought you had a replacement , it must be the way you wrote it out . sorry about that. unsure on the manufacturing that nvidia is far superior , i would say the driver support is better but the build quality would be to the same standard . but yes your right if thats what you ordered and thats what you want then you have every possible case on returning it , you need to contact AW support if thats the case , as chris said this forum is more of a support side Good luck sorting it , but i wouldnt keep waiting i would be ring daily and maybe get in touch with customer services as you only have a limited time in returning it
so when you installed this new 6990m did the engineer do a clean sweep of all the nvidia drivers ? or did you just install the drivers over the top of them ? because that could be the route of yo... See more...
so when you installed this new 6990m did the engineer do a clean sweep of all the nvidia drivers ? or did you just install the drivers over the top of them ? because that could be the route of your problems if you decide to keep the machine ( which in my eyes as someone has already stated the 6990m is a far more powerful card than the 560 you received ) i would do a fresh install of windows and re-apply all your drivers and install 12.7 ATI drivers and you may find all your problems will go away
well the webcam is situated under the screen , so i suppose it would look like a bubble ? , i have a few AW laptops never come with a screen protector ?
No Problem and thanks i love it !! :D