ErwanLeBihan's Posts

ErwanLeBihan's Posts

hi everyone. I have a bunch of Dell venue 10 Pro Windows 10 Pro based tablet, and I would like to wake them up on every working day morning. There's no option in the bios to do so. In fact, there... See more...
hi everyone. I have a bunch of Dell venue 10 Pro Windows 10 Pro based tablet, and I would like to wake them up on every working day morning. There's no option in the bios to do so. In fact, there's no Power Management menu. So I ended trying Wake On Wireless LAN, but it seems that, even plugged on current, thisTablet is not able to get the magicpacket and wake correctly. Any solution, anyone ? Thx in advance.
Hi. Do yourself a favor: don't spend so much time trying to search for P/N and revive that CX3-10 IMO, you should try to find for 200$ on eBay a working CX3-10 head. and so have every parts to ... See more...
Hi. Do yourself a favor: don't spend so much time trying to search for P/N and revive that CX3-10 IMO, you should try to find for 200$ on eBay a working CX3-10 head. and so have every parts to test your CX3-10. Or buy a complete CX3-20 with FlareOS for a bit more. just my two cents.
Yes... But sometimes you end up with a complete, perfectly working CX3-80 with 80Tb of disks for 2000$....
We had CX300, and we have several CX3 (1 CX3-10, 2 CX3-20,2 CX3-80). I was given the opportunity to test a CX4-960, and so we bought a pair of CX4-960 . turns out they was not standard CX4-96... See more...
We had CX300, and we have several CX3 (1 CX3-10, 2 CX3-20,2 CX3-80). I was given the opportunity to test a CX4-960, and so we bought a pair of CX4-960 . turns out they was not standard CX4-960, but VMAX head, aka VMAX Engine. Hell no, it was not in my intention to get a VMAX Engine ... We don't have any VMAX here...
Hi & thanks for your answer. Despite other problems (missing SPS...), i managed to power it up and have a look using my mini DB9 serial cable. So, according to the bios, there's 64Gb of RAM in ... See more...
Hi & thanks for your answer. Despite other problems (missing SPS...), i managed to power it up and have a look using my mini DB9 serial cable. So, according to the bios, there's 64Gb of RAM in it, it says 'Symmetrix', and 'Westmere'. It's director #5 and unable to find BE0 (I suppose Director #1 is supposed to have BE0) and so is unable to boot. ( It even tries to boot on USB ! ) => It's from a VMAX 20K, that's why there's no SPS and tray as they are installed vertically on VMAX. Yes I know, reimage FlareOS is something I've always avoid, as you need to change WWN seed & so on.
Hi everyone. I'm used to play with old Clarrion CX Series & Clariion CX3 series since we own a few of them. I purchased two second hand CX4-960 in Uk for our lab, and I have a few questions: ... See more...
Hi everyone. I'm used to play with old Clarrion CX Series & Clariion CX3 series since we own a few of them. I purchased two second hand CX4-960 in Uk for our lab, and I have a few questions: 1) Is a std CX4-960 bundled with QSFP -> HSSDC2/DAE Cables ? I thought the cables were the same as the CX3 (ie SFP->HSSDC2) 2) What is SRIO 3Gb card ? Doesn't it mean this CX4 was part of a VMAX ? 3) if answer to question 2 is yes, is there a way to convert it back to CX4-960 ? The Seller (pro) has forgotten to send the FlareOS disks, and I need to know if it's on purpose (because they can't have them as it's a part of a VMAX SAN) or if it's by mistake and can be corrected. Thanks in advance.
You can also try to have an advice from this forum: www.bios-mods.com/.../Forum-AHCI-Enabled . I Wonder how Dell can sell a UEFI bios without AHCI Option ???
hi. Skydrive's link is working, but the bios is a new UEFI bios. I've never patched an uefi bios and will not risk giving you a modded bios I can't verify on my own.
Why No ? Because, even if you are not a Dell Rep, you ask like one and do not want us to modify bios to allow something that was restricted by Dell ? In that particular case, It will be really a ... See more...
Why No ? Because, even if you are not a Dell Rep, you ask like one and do not want us to modify bios to allow something that was restricted by Dell ? In that particular case, It will be really a pity if Dell locked the bios in SATA (non ahci) mode for such a recent computer. To be sure, as i can't extract the bios file as i don't have any inspiron 2020, i need the files in it: double click on the .exe, go to %temp% directory, there will be a new directory in it (i think in A04 named folder). Zip everything in that directory and give a link to it and I will have a look at it.
Most of the budget SATAIII addin card are not able to handle all the bandwith of SATA3 because they are using a PCIex x1 slot. So it doesn't matter. And, in all case, you shouldn't be able to blind... See more...
Most of the budget SATAIII addin card are not able to handle all the bandwith of SATA3 because they are using a PCIex x1 slot. So it doesn't matter. And, in all case, you shouldn't be able to blindly find the difference between two identical PCs, one using SATA2 and one SATA3: Except on a heavy hammered server, you can't have the queue depth needed to hammer the SATA2 bus.
For your Eyes: A Vostro 260, windows 7 x64 in plain AHCI Mode.
Sorry .... False - Plain False. You really think that Intel is making a chipset with no AHCI support in 2011 ? (We are not talking about RAID here...) There's lot of H61 Mobo with AHCI Support,... See more...
Sorry .... False - Plain False. You really think that Intel is making a chipset with no AHCI support in 2011 ? (We are not talking about RAID here...) There's lot of H61 Mobo with AHCI Support, Directly from manufacturer (or with an hacked bios if the manufacturer tries to falsely segment his mobo offering...) Even Intel H61 Mobo supports AHCI ! The H61 Chipset is an H67 with no SATA6Gb (Sata3). It's not because DELL lists the H61 as not-AHCI capable that this is the truth... If you want a screenshot of a working AHCI Windows 7 install on a modded Bios Vostro 260, just ask: It works. I needed it because we are using SSDs, and Trim support relies on AHCI. And BTW, the H61 is also dual screen capable. It's Dell choice to disable it. And of course it works if you reenable it. Regards.
For AHCI Driver: Simple: Either use an XP SP2/SP3 CD Disk or use (F6) the intel ICH10 SATA AHCI Driver. Then, install Intel RST. BTW, you can also enable Multi Graphics IGD in the bios....It work... See more...
For AHCI Driver: Simple: Either use an XP SP2/SP3 CD Disk or use (F6) the intel ICH10 SATA AHCI Driver. Then, install Intel RST. BTW, you can also enable Multi Graphics IGD in the bios....It works !
In fact, All I can say is that the version i've uploaded at dl.free.fr is working on the Vostro 260. I think it's the same mainboard as the inspiron620, as the inspiron 620 string is also in the bi... See more...
In fact, All I can say is that the version i've uploaded at dl.free.fr is working on the Vostro 260. I think it's the same mainboard as the inspiron620, as the inspiron 620 string is also in the bios file. You get AHCI for sure: Windows Detects the SATA controler as an Intel ICH SATA AHCI controler. MSAHCI service is enabled during setup.   (BTW, if you make this mod on an existing windows install, don't forget to enable MSAHCI service (Start 3=>0) before as it will be needed by Windows to boot, or you will get a usual BSOD (unmountable boot volume).  
GX270 Motherboard are known to have bad capacitors, which leaks after a while. Have a look on your motherboard & see if you there is something brown like that: www.windows-help-central.com/window... See more...
GX270 Motherboard are known to have bad capacitors, which leaks after a while. Have a look on your motherboard & see if you there is something brown like that: www.windows-help-central.com/windows-xp-shutdown-automatically.html The GX270 motherboard is also known to have no fuse at all to protect the usb ports. So the southbridge may be half working...But not the usb.... Just my two cents.
Hi. In fact, the H61 chipset is perfectly capable of doing AHCI. It's a Dell Decision to put the H61 chipset in IDE Compatible Mode. Here's how you can enable it: - grab the latest bios. (.exe)... See more...
Hi. In fact, the H61 chipset is perfectly capable of doing AHCI. It's a Dell Decision to put the H61 chipset in IDE Compatible Mode. Here's how you can enable it: - grab the latest bios. (.exe) from dell support. - launch the .exe and do not close the flash windows app. Grab all the file from the %TEMP%\randomname subfolder - Get AmiBcp tool. - Load MS-Axx.bin from within AmiBCP. Modify the entry to make the SATA menu available (change from default to USER) - Flash. - Enjoy.   You can grab the result for free here: http://dl.free.fr/hDH53VRby   Regards