kevinfre's Posts

kevinfre's Posts

Never mind - I just read Royan's post about McAfee updates and that seems to be the problem.  Thanks!
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini running Windows XP Home, and a Verizon 4G MiFi wireless modem.  On Sunday night I was able to connect to the Internet, on Monday morning I couldn't.  The modem is showing ... See more...
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini running Windows XP Home, and a Verizon 4G MiFi wireless modem.  On Sunday night I was able to connect to the Internet, on Monday morning I couldn't.  The modem is showing 5 bars.  My Wireless Card Utility also has 5 bars and says "Status: Connected; Signal: Excellent".  I did some testing on the modem - restarted it, removed/replaced the battery - no change.  My smartphone can connect to the Internet using the modem with no problem which makes me think the problem is in the laptop.  When I run Software Diagnostics in the wireless utility it says I failed the Association Test.  Can anyone tell me how to fix that?  And how it might have just spontaneously changed between Sunday night and Monday morning?   Thank you, Kevin Boston, MA