wench911's Posts

wench911's Posts

Thank you...I just re-posted to the Laptop Forum...
Good day...I have a one year old Dell Inspiron 1470 laptop, Windows 7 and 64 bit...In the past 2 months, every time I run the Dell PC Checkup the laptop fails overall due to 2 of the tests... The "... See more...
Good day...I have a one year old Dell Inspiron 1470 laptop, Windows 7 and 64 bit...In the past 2 months, every time I run the Dell PC Checkup the laptop fails overall due to 2 of the tests... The "Targeted Self test" & the "Smart Short Self test" both fail.. .I use Microsoft Security Essentials, never open unknown emails or attachments and it seems the fan starts to make noise after about 2 hours even though I use a pad under the laptop to keep it from overheating...I bought this Dell April of last year at the same time I bought my husband a Dell Inspiron 1575...His laptop PC Checkups pass, mine just give me an error message to back up my files and replace my hard drive...I also started to repeatedly get a message on my desktop that Windows Explorer needs to restart... PLEASE, help if possible and thank you kindly in advance...
Good day...I have a one year old dell Inspirion 1470 that keeps getting a fail when I run the Dell PC Checkup...The fails show up only on the "Targeted Self test" and the "Smart Short Self Test"...I ... See more...
Good day...I have a one year old dell Inspirion 1470 that keeps getting a fail when I run the Dell PC Checkup...The fails show up only on the "Targeted Self test" and the "Smart Short Self Test"...I use Microsoft Security Essentails on both my new Dell Inspirions, this 1470 and the 1545 [Hubby's]...The 1545 PC Checkups pass but the 1470 has been failing the same 2 tests for about 3 months...The OS is Windows 7 and 64 bit...I get an error message t backup all files and replace my hard drive...It's a new laptop, onlye a year old...PLEASE, help...Thank you kindly in advance...