132132o's Posts

132132o's Posts

What is the best cable to use for this, HDMI or VGA? I find the screen much brighter with HDMI. The letters are clearer but its a bit too bright. And yes, the S27F350FHU will not sleep with HDMI. Tha... See more...
What is the best cable to use for this, HDMI or VGA? I find the screen much brighter with HDMI. The letters are clearer but its a bit too bright. And yes, the S27F350FHU will not sleep with HDMI. Thanks for the discussion on that older Dell 2410 thread. I will try a good quality cable. Thanks
Can't install this, it was fine before, but after I did a clean reinstall of Win10, nothing! People say to uninstall it, but there is nothing to uninstall Tried the other downloads suggested here... See more...
Can't install this, it was fine before, but after I did a clean reinstall of Win10, nothing! People say to uninstall it, but there is nothing to uninstall Tried the other downloads suggested here, nothing.  Every single time get the same message 'We encountered an unexpected error'. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks  
When plugged in, my  E7470 has a static feel when I touch it. Don't have this problem with any other Latitude I've used. Any way to deal with this? Thanks  
On my E5470 the fingerprint reader doesn't work , most of the time it just doesn't recognise prints, even after reinstall and updating drivers. Got a E7470, and same problem, the fingerprint reader ... See more...
On my E5470 the fingerprint reader doesn't work , most of the time it just doesn't recognise prints, even after reinstall and updating drivers. Got a E7470, and same problem, the fingerprint reader doesn't work well, have to press down hard and it takes a long time I have a 7 year old Vostro with a reader that works fine. Is this a model failure? Thank    
Thanks for the info   I've been through the settings but there doesn't seem to be any way to make a command for the middle button, it does not appear in any of the settings, which is a great waste ... See more...
Thanks for the info   I've been through the settings but there doesn't seem to be any way to make a command for the middle button, it does not appear in any of the settings, which is a great waste of space and opportunity. Why put a button there with no way to use it? I'll search around more but it appears to be dead, certainly nothing in the trackpad settings or other settings that I can see   Yes, pressing two buttons together doesn''t work so well, and when I do it there is a scroll function. Even when I change the two buttons together settings.  A missed opportunity by Dell   Thanks
There are 3 keys below the space bar on the Latitude E5470, above the trackpad. Left and Right click work fine, they work as the Right and Left buttons on the mouse. But there is a button in the mi... See more...
There are 3 keys below the space bar on the Latitude E5470, above the trackpad. Left and Right click work fine, they work as the Right and Left buttons on the mouse. But there is a button in the middle that doesn't seem to do anything. What's it for, how can I use it? Thanks  
Suddenly all my F keys have flipped. They work as if Fn key pressed, and when Fn key pressed the non-Fn function happens. The F keys do the opposite. So the volume control works without me pre... See more...
Suddenly all my F keys have flipped. They work as if Fn key pressed, and when Fn key pressed the non-Fn function happens. The F keys do the opposite. So the volume control works without me pressing the Fn key, which it should not do Is this a hardware problem? I tried a clean install twice, but no luck. Thanks
Suddenly all my F keys have flipped. Pressing without using the Fn key, creates the Fn function Pressing the F key with the Fn key, creates the non-Fn function. I have tried two Clean installs, fr... See more...
Suddenly all my F keys have flipped. Pressing without using the Fn key, creates the Fn function Pressing the F key with the Fn key, creates the non-Fn function. I have tried two Clean installs, from the HD. Can anyone suggest anything else I can do. I have updated drivers and checked drivers as well as keyboard settings. The only thing I can think of now is a Clean Install from an external HD or USB. Would this help? Thanks  
Suddenly the keys F1 to F12 have stopped working, they are opposite. Instead of having to use the Fn key for commands, these are done without pressing the Fn Key. Can't do AltF4, but Fn key works fine... See more...
Suddenly the keys F1 to F12 have stopped working, they are opposite. Instead of having to use the Fn key for commands, these are done without pressing the Fn Key. Can't do AltF4, but Fn key works fine on other keys. I have done 2 clean reinstalls, but no luck, checked keyboard settings and drivers - nothing works. Always worked fine before. Any clues on how to fix this - hardware fault? Thanks
After clean reinstall, the F keys don't work properly. The keyboard is set to UK, checked languages, but find that the F keys are strange, I have to use Alt key to change volume, other key commands ... See more...
After clean reinstall, the F keys don't work properly. The keyboard is set to UK, checked languages, but find that the F keys are strange, I have to use Alt key to change volume, other key commands don't work, like F5 to restart website.   Anyone know how to fix this? I have checked all settings, which seem fine. Thanks 
Fingerprint recognition never worked well with this laptop. Often is works if I do a clean install, then stops working, but is always slow and often does not recognise correctly. Is this a problem... See more...
Fingerprint recognition never worked well with this laptop. Often is works if I do a clean install, then stops working, but is always slow and often does not recognise correctly. Is this a problem with Latitude, this model or just this machine? Model E5470. Have others had success with this? I'm thinking of having the sensor replaced, but this is not cheap. Thanks
After a clean install, did a Dell driver website check, it said all my drivers were up to date. I don't think is possible, as I usually have to update drivers after a clean install. Below there was... See more...
After a clean install, did a Dell driver website check, it said all my drivers were up to date. I don't think is possible, as I usually have to update drivers after a clean install. Below there was a list of drivers which could be updated and recent release dates.  Can the scan be wrong, should I update drivers manually? Also   Where is the software that you download to the laptop that keeps an eye on drivers and performs regular clean-ups, can't find it anywhere. Thank you  
My Latitude sometimes will not wake up (I know the feeling). Most of the time its fine, but sometimes it just stays snoozing. I have reinstalled Win10 2 times, updated drivers, done a hardware chec... See more...
My Latitude sometimes will not wake up (I know the feeling). Most of the time its fine, but sometimes it just stays snoozing. I have reinstalled Win10 2 times, updated drivers, done a hardware check - and the laoptop works fine otherwise. Sometimes I have to force it to close down then restart. Any ideas? Thanks  
I did all the laptop tests I could, but the system says that there is nothing plugged into the socket, even though the headphones are working in the headphones. However, the microphone is now not ... See more...
I did all the laptop tests I could, but the system says that there is nothing plugged into the socket, even though the headphones are working in the headphones. However, the microphone is now not recognised, though last week it was fine. I have tried 2 headphones which work fine on other PCs. Any ideas how I can fix this or see if its a hardware problem? Thank you  
Laptop recognises and uses headphone speakers, but won't use the microphone, very odd. Keeps using in-built laptop microphone. This headphones work fine on my phone, so they're OK. Tried reinstal... See more...
Laptop recognises and uses headphone speakers, but won't use the microphone, very odd. Keeps using in-built laptop microphone. This headphones work fine on my phone, so they're OK. Tried reinstalling audio drivers, checked audio settings, but nothing seems to work. I need to use headphones, any clues on how to fix this? Thank you    
Trying to reinstall the OS for an old Vista OS  Dell Studio Hybrid. Went to the download site, but only could find Bios drivers. I need drivers to connect it to wifi, so that I can update it on... See more...
Trying to reinstall the OS for an old Vista OS  Dell Studio Hybrid. Went to the download site, but only could find Bios drivers. I need drivers to connect it to wifi, so that I can update it once I've done a clean reinstall. Can anyone let me know where to find these - they are usually on the dell site once you put the service tag in, but nothing! What drivers do I need, I'm installing Win7, will the bios drivers be enough to get the wifi working - if not, what do I need.  Thanks  
This latitude E5470 Win7,  came with a security setting for public wifi, I could put the browser into a special security mode. Can't remember the name. But after reinstalling Win10 it disappeared.... See more...
This latitude E5470 Win7,  came with a security setting for public wifi, I could put the browser into a special security mode. Can't remember the name. But after reinstalling Win10 it disappeared. Can anyone let me know how to get this back. I can't find a driver for this.  Its for using public wifi. Thanks  
Have you reinstalled Office? Try doing a system restore or reinstall Win7. Try doing a safe boot and see if Word does this - it may be a conflict. My Office works great, but recently it has sto... See more...
Have you reinstalled Office? Try doing a system restore or reinstall Win7. Try doing a safe boot and see if Word does this - it may be a conflict. My Office works great, but recently it has stopped working in Win10, it worked fine before - it just won't put the opened page up front.
Thanks for your help. I installed Office 2017 and it did the same thing! So perhaps this is a Microsoft thing. But Office has been working this way for 10 years, why the change now? Or perhaps ... See more...
Thanks for your help. I installed Office 2017 and it did the same thing! So perhaps this is a Microsoft thing. But Office has been working this way for 10 years, why the change now? Or perhaps this is something odd with my PCs... I can't stand the new office, 2003, was so clean and simple, like a MAC. I only run Word, which works a treat. I'll investigate thanks
Thank you