cinbot's Posts

cinbot's Posts

Thanks will give that a try
HI, desperately need some advice on my Inspiron 1525 laptop.... Basically a couple of weeks back a rather heavy object fell of a shelf above my machine and landed dead centre on the keyboard, th... See more...
HI, desperately need some advice on my Inspiron 1525 laptop.... Basically a couple of weeks back a rather heavy object fell of a shelf above my machine and landed dead centre on the keyboard, the machine stayed on but froze and after switching it off it would not boot up again.  Took the machine apart to check for any loose parts and to attempt to bend my keyboard straight again (rather large dent in the middle) and cannot get the machine to boot at all.  When i push the power switch you hear the fan come on for a few seconds and then go off again, it then comes on again for a few seconds before once again going off, nothing comes up on screen and power led flashes until you hold the power switch down for a while for it to go off again.  Tried removing all of the other hardware like the cd rom, wireless card etc  to see if it was maybe one of those causing the problem but still nothing.  Just the fan comes on and sounds like it is trying to read hard drive but does nothing after that. Any advice on what else i can try or what could be causing this?   Or can anyone tell me how to go about testing my mother board to see if the board is functioning correctly? Once i know the mother board is fine can try work through everything else from there just have no idea how to test it.... Any help would be much appreciated
Hi there, i have a Dell Inspiron 1525 adn while owrking on it the one day a rather heavy object fell onto the middle of the keyboard hard enough to dent the keyboard in, when this happened the machin... See more...
Hi there, i have a Dell Inspiron 1525 adn while owrking on it the one day a rather heavy object fell onto the middle of the keyboard hard enough to dent the keyboard in, when this happened the machine just froze on that current screen and would not do a thing. Opened it up (have downloaded the manual from ftp site) coz after removing battery machine was just dead, have managed to get machine to switch on but all that happens is the power light comes on for a few seconds then goes off again, nothing happens on screen and if the hardrive is plugged in while attempted this it makes a loud squeek noise as the power light goes off. Any body have any ideas on what i have maybe missed? desperately need to get the machine working again and have tried everything so far....PLEASE HELP that machine literally runs my entire life and do not have the cash flow to replace it right now.  thanks
Ok thank you Terry, already have the full service guide and was working according to that will double check connections etc but fairly sure they were all fine.....will let you know
HI, I recently took my Inspiron 1525 apart to correct a noisy fan and now when putting it back together it wont power up?!?!? My question is should any of the screws that come into contact wit... See more...
HI, I recently took my Inspiron 1525 apart to correct a noisy fan and now when putting it back together it wont power up?!?!? My question is should any of the screws that come into contact with the mother board be insulated? thinking maybe its shorting there and not allowing it to start up.... otherwise any other idea's as to what my problem could be?
did check that out but will double check again....strange for the main board to go coz machine was running fine right before i opened it up had just shut it down...is there anyway to test the mainboa... See more...
did check that out but will double check again....strange for the main board to go coz machine was running fine right before i opened it up had just shut it down...is there anyway to test the mainboard?
Hey, have this fossil of a laptop which i am having a problem with...basically the hinge on the screen on the side had broken off so downloaded the service manual, stripped the unit to try and repair... See more...
Hey, have this fossil of a laptop which i am having a problem with...basically the hinge on the screen on the side had broken off so downloaded the service manual, stripped the unit to try and repair it put everything back together and now when i plug the charger in the green light on the unit come on but when i push the power switch the green light on the unit AS WELL AS the green light on the power adaptor go off and nothing happens on machine??? Any advice on what the problem could be? machine was booting up fine before taking it apart and have checked that i put all connections back properly so have no idea what the prob could be.... PLEASE HELP