npdave's Posts

npdave's Posts

You would be best to set a password and try again.  There's no reason for a server to not have a password.  It may be that the login URL just won't accept a blank password.
You login using the local machine administrator account.  If this is a domain server, you can also login using a domain admin account.
The commands are found in the web based server administrator.  
Thanks a ton for the followup.  I believe I'll still do this on a Friday night, or Saturday morning, after a good strong backup, when I have a ton of recovery time.  But at least I can expect better ... See more...
Thanks a ton for the followup.  I believe I'll still do this on a Friday night, or Saturday morning, after a good strong backup, when I have a ton of recovery time.  But at least I can expect better results that I did when I first read through this post.  :)
I'm in exactly the same situation, and am very glad to have googled this posting.  I have an question regarding one of the followups...   You stated:   "There is one exception to the ability to g... See more...
I'm in exactly the same situation, and am very glad to have googled this posting.  I have an question regarding one of the followups...   You stated:   "There is one exception to the ability to grow a virtual disk; if you raid 5 was split into 2 virtual disks (e.g. 50GB for a boot drive and the rest for a data drive), you cannot grow the raid 5 set." Now my RAID 5 volume is listed in OMSA as a single virtual disk.  However, in the Disk Management MMC, that virtual drive is partitioned into 2 logical drives.  Can this array be expanded? Thanks!