Biricon IT Serv's Posts

Biricon IT Serv's Posts

Hallo, today i call the dell support, about my problem with the Touchpad. This has a smooth sector on the pad and this smooth sector will not work anymore. If you go over it with your finger the m... See more...
Hallo, today i call the dell support, about my problem with the Touchpad. This has a smooth sector on the pad and this smooth sector will not work anymore. If you go over it with your finger the mouse stops, or zoom or do complete different things or do nothing. The support ask me for a photo of the touchpad and the keyboard (this lose the key values color). On Afternoon i got a message that this is normal on this M6600 graphic workstation and i have to pay for this repair. I have a 5 year warrenty paied allready and this thing must be in warrenty on a $ 6.000 graphic workstation. Another Problem is optimus with the dispaly port  connectors on the dockingstations, at boot time i have no screen, since beginning this don't work! http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19385401.aspx Dell care about your customers! Here in europa the support hotline is very bad and like to make money with under warrenty systems. Is this the new business concept from dell? Its extremly worst to see the direction that dell takes in the last 3 year in europa.  i'am a very angree austrian dell partner! I hope this will be changed in the future and my workstation will be repaired or replaced with a working one from dell side! Biricon IT Services e.u.
Yes this is possible, but i have to change the monitor settings after boot every time, if the vga cable is connected. and what is with the energy save problem, where i have to turn of and on the sc... See more...
Yes this is possible, but i have to change the monitor settings after boot every time, if the vga cable is connected. and what is with the energy save problem, where i have to turn of and on the screens after energy saving mode? if you turn off optimius in bios and run only on the nvidia card, everything works, so the solution must be detect ,,if external powersource is connected - turn off optimius and use nvidia card, if no external source is connected - use optimus for longer batterie time".
after dell deleted my first ideastorm i make a new one. i think if they deleted it again, we have to make a script, that post it every time it was deleted automatically. this situation is not acce... See more...
after dell deleted my first ideastorm i make a new one. i think if they deleted it again, we have to make a script, that post it every time it was deleted automatically. this situation is not acceptable. www.ideastorm.com/ideaView
correct, the problem was not solved .. dell offers me only a cash back :(
Please check the Servicepage at your Maschines, on every maschine and check if the servicecall is open any more. on my m6600 the servicecall is deleted from the servicepage. this is not ok, so ple... See more...
Please check the Servicepage at your Maschines, on every maschine and check if the servicecall is open any more. on my m6600 the servicecall is deleted from the servicepage. this is not ok, so please call the technical support and told them, that this problem must be open and sould only closed if they have a successfull solution for this problem! support.euro.dell.com/.../search.aspx
The M6600 and the U2711 will be a good choice if you don't use Optimus. With the AMD graphics i don't know how this works. But in docked Mode it runs good if you turn off Optimus. After you Dock off,... See more...
The M6600 and the U2711 will be a good choice if you don't use Optimus. With the AMD graphics i don't know how this works. But in docked Mode it runs good if you turn off Optimus. After you Dock off, you have to turn on Optimus, otherwise the batterie livetime is not more than 1 hour. On the AMD Solution, i don't know how long the batterie livetime will be, but on the dell page is a technical paper, about 6 monitors that you can connected at the same time. For me is the batterie time importend in mobile environment and the the 2xU2711 in docked one. This switching every time is very horrible for me ... without docking station you are not able to get the full resolution of the U2711 screen. The internal connectors can only make a fullHD 1080p resolution, without dockingstation the image will look very pure. So you need the Dockingstation with DisplayPort. In my case the U2711 and the M6600 will not syncronise every time afters come back from sleep mode. But one of my U2711 will hanging up after Sleep Mode and if i Push the Power Button, the sceen makes a endlos pppiiieeepppp, in this case you can only disconnect the power from the U2711. the other screen don't makes this pppiieeepp problem.
Hi Magnum2 yes, this will be work most the time. Only of one or both of the Z2711 is handing up, i don't have a screen, but this is a U2711 problem and not a problem if the M6600. The U2711 has o... See more...
Hi Magnum2 yes, this will be work most the time. Only of one or both of the Z2711 is handing up, i don't have a screen, but this is a U2711 problem and not a problem if the M6600. The U2711 has one time in month the problem, that the display is hanging up and the LED is blue, but you can not use the keys anymore. only a disconnect from power bring it back to live. i think we are all beta testers and noone cares about this problems - where was gone the good old quality from dell from the last 10 years ago?
Is there any news about the problem, working as design sounds like a design mistake and dell (this is my delivering comany) has to fix this problem, i don't have any contact to nvidia, its dell job t... See more...
Is there any news about the problem, working as design sounds like a design mistake and dell (this is my delivering comany) has to fix this problem, i don't have any contact to nvidia, its dell job to fix the problem with or without nvidia!
Hi, i have the same problem, but no solution for now. there sould be a boot key combination to clear the nvram, but i don't know what key you have to press. the menu, ok and back key bring you to ... See more...
Hi, i have the same problem, but no solution for now. there sould be a boot key combination to clear the nvram, but i don't know what key you have to press. the menu, ok and back key bring you to the test menu, but what key will clear the nvram?
After the Workstation go to standby i don't have any picture if the pc wake up, i have to turn off and turn on my screens if optimus is enabled. this is not a acceptable solution. the most time... See more...
After the Workstation go to standby i don't have any picture if the pc wake up, i have to turn off and turn on my screens if optimus is enabled. this is not a acceptable solution. the most time i have troubles with optimus, so it can be only a design mistake and Dell and/or Nvidia must find a solution for this kind of problems.
The solution will be to bring a new bios settings in the optimius menu: On Off Off if external power is connected Then we don't have this kind of problems anymore. But noone cares about this ... See more...
The solution will be to bring a new bios settings in the optimius menu: On Off Off if external power is connected Then we don't have this kind of problems anymore. But noone cares about this problem. i must enable it 5 times a day, if i leave my working place and have to disable it every time i coming back. Terry, i have paied over 5.000 Euro or 7.000U$ for this working place, than i can require a complete solution without workarounds. This kind of enable and disable is only a dirty trick and not a option for a real mobile workstation.
Here is the U2711 Problems with Powersave mode on Displayport: en.community.dell.com/.../19722024.aspx
The Problem on this list is, that no of this Notebooks have a DualDVI Support, only normal DVI Output. So you need a Notebook with Dockingstation (the Big one, with Display Port). Then you can drive ... See more...
The Problem on this list is, that no of this Notebooks have a DualDVI Support, only normal DVI Output. So you need a Notebook with Dockingstation (the Big one, with Display Port). Then you can drive a higher resolution. So you need a Latitude or Precision Series and if you use the Intel GPU or the Optimus technology, take a look to the Problem in this thread: en.community.dell.com/.../19385401.aspx
You can only use a Laptop with a SandyBridge CPU+GPU or a extra AMD/NVidia Card with support of the Resolution. The DVI, HDMI and VGA outputs don't support this resolution on Dell Laptops. So you nee... See more...
You can only use a Laptop with a SandyBridge CPU+GPU or a extra AMD/NVidia Card with support of the Resolution. The DVI, HDMI and VGA outputs don't support this resolution on Dell Laptops. So you need a Laptop with the big Docking Station to drive the Monitor in correct resolution. So you have a choice between the Dell Latitude and Precision Series. But care about this Problems of the new SandyBridge with Optimus technology: en.community.dell.com/.../19385401.aspx So, nothing i perfect ....
In this case you can only use the big Dockingstation and connect the Monitor via DisplayPort, but you will have other Problems, that you can find here, if you use the CPU Grafic Card (thats the same ... See more...
In this case you can only use the big Dockingstation and connect the Monitor via DisplayPort, but you will have other Problems, that you can find here, if you use the CPU Grafic Card (thats the same if you enable optimius): en.community.dell.com/.../19385401.aspx
another problem in this case is the standby mode: So it will be good to use the Nvidia Card all the Time the Notebook is external powered. With Optimus enabled you have a secound problem, after Sta... See more...
another problem in this case is the standby mode: So it will be good to use the Nvidia Card all the Time the Notebook is external powered. With Optimus enabled you have a secound problem, after Standby, that the connected Screens via Displayport don't show a image again, they stay in standby. After you wake up the Nootbook you have to switch off, wait 10 sec and switch on again the screens and only after this process you have a picture again. If the nvidia chips will not be there for running hole the time, dell have to fix our problems with optimus!! This kind of Problems worst our Time!!!
The Problems with Optimus you can find here: en.community.dell.com/.../19385401.aspx So it will be good to use the Nvidia Card all the Time the Notebook is external powered. With Optimus enabled ... See more...
The Problems with Optimus you can find here: en.community.dell.com/.../19385401.aspx So it will be good to use the Nvidia Card all the Time the Notebook is external powered. With Optimus enabled you have the problem, after Standby, that the connected Screens via DVI/Displayport don't show a image again. After you wake up the Nootbook you have to switch off, wait 10 sec and switch on again the screens and only after this process you have a picture again. If the nvidia chips will not be there for running hole the time, dell have to fix our problems with optimus!!
i have the same issue, but the display port and dvi outputs have problems with Optimius on the new sandy bridge chipsets from intel. you can find the problems here: en.community.dell.com/.../193... See more...
i have the same issue, but the display port and dvi outputs have problems with Optimius on the new sandy bridge chipsets from intel. you can find the problems here: en.community.dell.com/.../19385401.aspx
In the German Area you have the same problem, since the service was moved to east europa (no native speakers). This people don't know the diffrent between a network connector and a power connector an... See more...
In the German Area you have the same problem, since the service was moved to east europa (no native speakers). This people don't know the diffrent between a network connector and a power connector and if you have a problem, that this people can verify you hear - yes, this is a feature, not a bug and you have to live with it. And this on a 7.000u$ Precision Notebook with 2x27in Monitors. Another technical told me, if you don't have Pro - Support, noone will help you .... this is very terrible.
This problem exists in this case only on the new SandyBridge Notebooks with NVidia Grafic and DVI/Displayport outputs.