ewj1's Posts

ewj1's Posts

Driver are up to date. I even disabled them and reinstalled the driver previously.  I killed the antivirus software (this is a windows 2008) and the issue did not go away.
When my T300 Windows 2008 server is rebooted the nic/lan card is enabled but not connected. They do not see anything. I have two cards but they need to be disabled then enabled before they workinst... See more...
When my T300 Windows 2008 server is rebooted the nic/lan card is enabled but not connected. They do not see anything. I have two cards but they need to be disabled then enabled before they workinstantly. What could be stopping them from automatically? I have tried booted them with static, booted with getting dhcp,and booted with one lan card disabled with the same results. Suggestions...........
Thanks using the OMSA is something I forgot about.
Need to modify 1 disk no-raid to 4 disk raid 5 without backup and restore. What process and procedure would you use? Background, I volunteered to help an organization reconfigure their SBS 2008 serve... See more...
Need to modify 1 disk no-raid to 4 disk raid 5 without backup and restore. What process and procedure would you use? Background, I volunteered to help an organization reconfigure their SBS 2008 server. Last year they received (for free) a Dell T-300 running SBS 2008 with 10 licenses. The organization has nine people. Now for the downside. The machine has 1-250GB hard drive and 4 GB of RAM. The hard drive is split into a 75GB c-drive and the rest is a D-drive for data. The c-drive is completely full (only 100 MB of free space) and the d-drive has only 5 GB of space. They are running AD, File, print and SQL. No Exchange or SharePoint. Originally they had backup to the cloud, but because the software was running on the c drive they removed it. They are now using Windows Backup to a USB drive. They have a few hundred to spend to upgrade it. I will probably upgrade the RAM from 4 GB to 8GB and purchase 3-250GB hard drives to create a raid 5 machine and expand the space. The Dell T-300 machine comes with a perc raid controller so hardware raid is possible. I have also found the same Seagate disks as what is in the machine now. What I normally would do is to back up the hard drive, format, and create raid 5 scenario from scratch, then reinstall but because of some circumstance beyond my control I have very limited time. My plan b is to create a 3 disk software raid 5 for the d-drive and use a partition manger to resize the c-dive. Is there a sane way to rollout the raid 5 from the single disk?
I have a Dell W5310 printer and it works well except for one item. For some reason it prints on the wrong side  and upside of the paper for some users. This printer is used for logo and letterhead so... See more...
I have a Dell W5310 printer and it works well except for one item. For some reason it prints on the wrong side  and upside of the paper for some users. This printer is used for logo and letterhead so this is an issue. I have reinstalled driver, still the same issue.   Any help is appreciated.
My PE2600 running SBS 2003r2 appears to have a bad motherboard, it  will not even post. The green power light just flashes.This is also my Domain Controller so need to get it running fast. Here is ... See more...
My PE2600 running SBS 2003r2 appears to have a bad motherboard, it  will not even post. The green power light just flashes.This is also my Domain Controller so need to get it running fast. Here is my solution, tell me if it will work.   I want to take the hard drives out and put them in another PE2600. The setups are almost alike, the one getting the HDs has a never bios and is now running linux. If I put the hard drives in, in the same order will it bootup  and run or will it just crash the drives?